News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex museum class replica official photos updated!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, October 30, 2014, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

It's what I do with my resin models.

If you are worried about damaging the paint job, you could take a clear piece of plastic and attach it to the rock. Then you just slide the foot between the plastic strip and the rock. I don't know how well that would work, if at all, or how it would look. But, it could be one way of stabilizing the model without drilling into the foot or something.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: ignite444 on December 21, 2014, 01:42:46 AM
Do you live in the U.S.? I live closer to the Atlantic, so that may be why mine arrived earlier if you live further west of me.

Yes I do. I live in Texas...though I kind of want to move to Maine.
(Wow I had to edit my post...I replied and my reply was in your quote) O_o

ignite444

Ah, that might be the reason. I live in Ohio, so mine got here earlier. You'll probably get yours Monday or Tuesday.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: ignite444 on December 21, 2014, 06:33:05 AM
Ah, that might be the reason. I live in Ohio, so mine got here earlier. You'll probably get yours Monday or Tuesday.

Ah. Yeah I hope so. :D
Oh- is he hard to put on his little stand? I saw people mentioning foot pegs and what not so I thought I'd ask.

ignite444

He's not hard to put on it per-say, but if you don't put him on it just right and you bump whatever you put him on just the slightest, he'll fall over. Just support the tail in some way and he'll be fine without you having to drill holes in him. *Shudders at the idea*

Argentavis

Have no problems with mine, stands without problems. But a bigger base would be great, maybe i make one for my second king t-rex.

ignite444

dinosaurdungeon

can some one please post a pic of this T-rex with the papo version for a size comparison? And where is this Available in Canada, or US.   

ignite444

I would have used a Papo T-Rex for comparison, but I don't own one...

As for where it is available in Canada or the US, I have no clue. I ordered mine from Everything Dinosaur, but they're located in Britain. XD

TJ_Terrorsaur

I have the Papo T-Rex and when I get my King Rex (and after I get to open him) I can do a quick review....or show pictures for size comparisons if you all would like it. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here's a pic from a member on JPL :

Looks almost the same size as the Papo pieces just stretched out more.  It's also painfully apparent how much they copied the Papo/JP Rex as well..at least for the head.

Arul

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 22, 2014, 06:05:00 AM
....... It's also painfully apparent how much they copied the Papo/JP Rex as well..at least for the head.

~ saying *Don't make me angry, Blade* >:( ;D!

Arul

SpittersForEver

Well, what can I say? It certainly has a striking pose but to me personally, I just don't like the detailing on the main body, I think they should of done scales but I guess I can't blame them. The feet are also a turn off for me for some weird reason. The colouration is nice (very vivid) but I think I'll just stick to the REBOR 1/35 Yutyrannus which I hope to purchase soon.

Argentavis

for me, as a big JP Fan it´s the best t-rex on the market if i don´t count the very expensive polyresine models from sideshow etc...
The overall look is amazing.

JohannesB

My Rebor Tyrannosaurus is still in postal/customs limbo, and somehow it irritates me very much (I hoped to get it before Christmas, when I ordered it, (almost) eleven days ago. (England to Norway.) When I get it (possibly next year :-/) I will comment on it. I have some small issues with it, but I like the overall shape and character very much. I would only like to congratulate the owners of the model with their nice purchase :-)

JohannesB

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 22, 2014, 06:05:17 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 22, 2014, 06:05:00 AM
....... It's also painfully apparent how much they copied the Papo/JP Rex as well..at least for the head.

~ saying *Don't make me angry, Blade* >:( ;D!

Our Stan can him..now he's scary! lol  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: