News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 artwork

Started by spinosaurus1, November 04, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

thank you all.*dinotoyforum* the drawing was rather old. back then, i did use a Rhomaleosaurus  thorntoni skeleton as a reference, but looking back at it now, it does appear that I've either made the head too big and/or the neck too short in relation to the creatures actual likeness.

Arul

Oh man how can i miss this post, this is very good art love that papercraft  :D

spinosaurus1

heres a 1: 48 scale sinosaurus i'm working on. i thought the pterosaurs were hard. this thing is barely over 6 inches.

Tyto_Theropod

UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Halichoeres

I love these paper figures. Have you sort of developed templates now for certain groups of animals?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

spinosaurus1

unfortunately no. my printer is a mess that refuses to scan items and prints things in horrid quality. a new one is going to be needed. once done, then odds of displaying these models to the public would be far better.

anyway, heres the finished sinosaurus

spinosaurus1

my newest build. see if you can guess who it is

Halichoeres

If it's to scale with that Ouranosaurus (?) behind it, I'm going to say...Herrerasaurus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

spinosaurus1

it's actually a spinosaurus, but your correct, that is indeed a herrerasaurus.

heres my recent drawing i'm working on. good ol, BMRP 2002.4.1. i originally didn't want to get in detail with this drawing, as it was only suppose to be a sketch i made in school. but after looking over it, i decided to give my pencil work some practice, as i rarely draw detailed drawings completely in graphite.

Halichoeres

Ha, it's obviously Spinosaurus now that I look at the hands. Keep us posted on the pencil piece!

fabricious

Great details in your latest WIP! I love those scutes and scales, can't wait to see the progress on this one!

spinosaurus1

thanks people. the pencil drawing is gaining progress. i figure that i'll place a mane of short feathers lining from the temporal fenestra and continuing to line up along the back. despite the tedious task, i find myself enjoying taking time to draw each scale.

spinosaurus1

sauronitholestus sullivani

Arul

spinosaurus1

my first designed paper model fish. here mawsonia in all it's gigantic glory. ( proportionally speaking :))

Halichoeres

spinosaurus1

thanks halichoeres. i really like how the model came out

a very quick pen sketch of an idea i had in my head. i drawn this with a technical pen during school. unfortunately, i didn't have any reference to go by. so anatomical inaccuracies ma be evident.

a trio of meyerasaurus victors fallow suit of one another, taking turns ripping off chunks of dead skin off their bodies that they outgrown. the nutritional value of the skin would benefit the feeder in the long run, while the other gets cleansed of parasites and any skin that causes some restrictions to it's movements.

as well as this drawing, i started practicing with graphite pencil a little more. i usually do arwork using either markers or color pencils. this is a preview of a alioramus

spinosaurus1

it's been a while since i drawn some sharks. i recently boaght some charcoal paper and decided to start drawing a couple sharks with color pencils

helicoprion

cretoxyrhina mantelli

Halichoeres

I like the scars on the Cretoxyrhina!

Have you ever thought about scanning the paper models before you roll them into shape and selling the templates online?

Manatee

It's been a while since I've posted here, but it's still fantastic as always, I see! I particularly like your most recent paper models; I never realized just how colossal Mawsonia is.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: