News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 artwork

Started by spinosaurus1, November 04, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZaZZU2

Gorgeous detail on the cretoxyrhina!  :D

spinosaurus1

thank you all. i'm kinda glued to this ne technique i am doin for my shark drawings.
heres squalicorax falcatus

Aram-Rex

spinosaurus1

thanks Aram- rex

heres my recent paper model biuld. retodus tuberculatus

Arul

spinosaurus1

spinosaurus1

the royal horn face

reguliceratops everybody

Tyto_Theropod

Sweet, but I have to say the face looks a bit deformed, like a squashed fossil. I doubt it would have looked that way in life.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

spinosaurus1

well, that could be just a result from my sloppy hand, but let us mask that with other reasons shall we :))

for animals that could commonly partake in facial combat, the possibilities of skull injuries and lesions are higher. perhaps this guy took a tough shot right to the nose. maybe it wasn't even his species. it possibly did coexsited with triceratops. the effect of a larger ceratopsian fighting a smaller one for given reasons could be evident. even tyrannosaurids are good factors, as many tyrannosaur skulls show contortion due to inter- species conflict and not just from having skulls buried underground. a lucky escape from a tyrannosaurid  and managing to heal from it's wounds can lead to some facial distortion.

Tyto_Theropod

Yep, we'll just call it artistic license. ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

spinosaurus1

hello again, it's been a while since i posted in this thread. lets fix that shall we. ;)

psittacosaurus sibiricus

majungasaurus

huanansaurus

bistahieversor

spinosaurus1

and a few more

aristosuchus

a concavenator with a pelicanimimus

indominus rex 2.0 for the build a better fake theropod challenge. although personally, i liked the indominus rex design.

and finally, a little project i worked on. i was trying to model out a tyrannosaurus skull in paper, so i build this little prototype with a little extra added. one side i did entirely in scales, while the other supporte a decent covering of protofeathers.
heres the side with feathers

ad this is the side with scales. note that i still need to add teeth to this side of the head

DinoLord

Great work! I especially like the Concavenator and Pelicanimimus - the latter looks quite wary of the former. I fixed the BBCode on your Indominus drawing for you.

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, your drawings are getting more and more exquisite!

And I really like your paper art sculptures. They are not only quite good, but rather unique as well. I bet a natural history museum gift shop would sell these. You should consider putting a line up on consignment. They could also put up a standee next to them telling a bit about yourself and how a good portion of the proceeds would go towards helping to fund your college education in becoming a future paleoartist! ;)

Halichoeres

I would definitely buy paper model kits that look like yours. Great work as always.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kayakasaurus

Hi, I just saw that psittacosaurus you did a while back. It looks really good! Pretty amazing. Keep up the good work  ;)
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Pachyrhinosaurus

Very nice drawings! I really like the concavenator and pelicanimimus.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

spinosaurus1

i'm back, sorta. long time no posting, i know. dealing with some stuff at the moment but things look to be settling down. i havent really been able to do much honestly, but i seek torwards fixing that.
heres some drawings that i have manage to finish

a pair of obamadon gracilis atempting to mate

lightning claw

langobardisaurus pandolifi

and finally some sketches of some aquatic reptiles

and a preview of a larger WIP. A large torvosaurus comes to consult with an trespassing lourinhanosaurus about the problems of being in his shade spot without permission.

gfxtwin

Love these!  You've got a good understanding of perspective and scientific accuracy.  Have you thought about turning some of those drawings into paintings with environments, digital or traditional?

spinosaurus1

i'm sorta back from my absence.i'm just started settling into a new house, i believe i'm at the point where i can get things such as my artwork situated.

gfxtwin: thank you sir :). unfortunately, i have very limited skill in creating drawings digitally. so as of now, i'm stuck on drawing creatures and their environments traditionally.

this just a quick, incomplete sketch of a tyrannosaurus i did in school.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: