News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 artwork

Started by spinosaurus1, November 04, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

more progress on the deinocheirus

spinosaurus1

spinosaurus1

a few more details to the head. man, i wish you can create a nice feather texture in sculptris, but unfortunatly as a beginner, i have no clue how :'(

anyway heres my  :'( unfeathered deinocherius head

spinosaurus1

hears some progress. unfortunately for reasons unknown to me, sculptris ends up crashing as soon as i try to even grab something, making my capability to add more detail absolutely zero. i don't even have a chance to further detail the tail or legs. i haven't even placed claws on them yet and the fourth digit :( (Sad) . it is now officially, getting on my nerves. so i decided to just go ahead and color it.

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

spinosaurus1

i'm not dead. it's been a while, but i assure you, a flood of new drawings are comeing soon. as of now though, heres a couple old drawings. hope you guys like extant avian theropods ^-^

griffon vulture

bald eagle

raven

pigeon skeleton
:P

Caiuajara dobruskii

Arul

Concavenator

Great artwork!The Qianzhousaurus and Siats may be my favorites so far,but I love those Caiaujara too!  :)

Manatee

Your extant dinosaurs are definitely just as good as your extinct ones, if not better. Stunning work as always.

spinosaurus1

a little preveiw of a WIP i'm working on. although it helps, just because were both giant plant eaters with different niches doesn't mean we should automatically be nice and sing kumbaya together. meet the two theropods at their worst of attitudes. a maternally protective mother therizinosaurus and a musk enraged,territorial deinocheirus during the breeding season. can this end well?

Pretty much inspired by modern giant petrol and their grotesque feeding behavior, I drew this quick scetch of a spinosaurus probing it's roestom in the belly of a paralatitan carcass. I actually quite suprise Noone depicted this behavior for a spinosaur. I've seen plenty of dromaeosaur depictions. I'll be willing to claim to be first to bring up this possible feeding behavior

teratophoneus curriei

by the way, merry late Christmas ^-^. i drew this on the the day of christmas. a jolly nanuqsaurus on his trusty sleigh driven by magic flying artic troodon. :))

triceratops83

Your fantastic work needs to be published! Right up there with the very best.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Manatee

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 03, 2015, 11:01:14 AM
Your fantastic work needs to be published! Right up there with the very best.
Agreed! I could easily see it filling up a book of paleoart.

spinosaurus1

my next sculptris creation. albertosaurus in it's beginning stages

alexeratops

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on January 03, 2015, 10:55:44 AM
a little preveiw of a WIP i'm working on. although it helps, just because were both giant plant eaters with different niches doesn't mean we should automatically be nice and sing kumbaya together. meet the two theropods at their worst of attitudes. a maternally protective mother therizinosaurus and a musk enraged,territorial deinocheirus during the breeding season. can this end well?

C'mon, everyone knows Therizinosaurus would win! Lol, no I'm just kidding. Great drawing! Can't wait to see it finished. :D

Woah, woah, woah. Theri and Deino lived together? Or is that just for theme purposes?
like a bantha!

alexeratops

BTW, the Deinocheirus' head looks like a MUTO:
like a bantha!

spinosaurus1

yes, therizinosaurus and deinocheirus did coexisted together. thanks for the compliment :)

edit: i suppose it does lol. i was aiming for a more fleshy cheek for deinocheirus. guess it just happens to have the similarities.

alexeratops

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on January 04, 2015, 03:51:14 AM
yes, therizinosaurus and deinocheirus did coexisted together. thanks for the compliment :)
Wowsers, this really is a game-changer for me. Oh well. I need to get my facts straight. :P
like a bantha!

fabricious

I must say, I REALLY like the Therizinosaurus/Deinocheirus stand-off. A great idea and a nice composition. Also a good thing that you didn't depict them locked in bloody combat, but rather in a display of attitude. Well done!

spinosaurus1

spinosaurus1

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: