News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favourite Schleich Dino

Started by Deanosaur7, November 13, 2014, 09:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanosaur7

So, what's ur favourite Schleich dino? Mine is the Limited Edition Red T Rex I picked up a few days ago. It's awesome!

Gwangi

My favorite Schleich dinosaurs all happen to be ornithopods; Edmontosaurus, Corythosaurus and Parasaurolophus with the para probably being my hands down favorite. Unfortunately I only own the Edmontosaurus.

But really the best Schleich prehistoric models aren't their dinosaurs. The Shonisaurus and Anhanguera come to mind. Better than those though, and better than the dinosaurs...the Macrauchenia. Hands down, the best Schleich model (prehistoric) and one of the best extinct mammal models money can buy.

Takama

I have to favorites

The Pentaceratops, because it shows how good They can be.

and the Therizinosaurus, Because it shows how bad they can be.

DinoLord

The Shonisaurus and Machrauchenia are the only ones I'd consider buying. Currently own 0 Schleiches.

CityRaptor

I only have a few of their better, therefore naturally retired models. ( Ever noticed that Schleich's better models get retired fast, but the bad ones last like what feels forever? ) Sadly no Shonisaurus yet. From those I have, my favourite would also be my first Schleich: the 2007 Parasaurolophus.

Nearly all my Schleich figures were brought due to positive reviews on the Dinosaur Toy Blog.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Manatee

I only own the Edmontonia, which is a good figure. The only ones I want to buy or would consider buying are the Desmatosuchus, Pentaceratops, 2007 Parasaurolophus, 2015 Kentrosaurus, and Macrauchenia.

laticauda

I do not own a lot of Schleich due to my belief that they tend to be overpriced chinasaurs to put it nicely.   

My top  would be the Desmatosuchus, and the 2012 Parasaurolophus.  I do not own the 2007 version so I am not sure how they would compare, but they look pretty darn close. 

tyrantqueen

I like the Shonisaurus and the Edmontonia.

Gwangi

Quote from: laticauda on November 13, 2014, 10:54:21 PM
I do not own a lot of Schleich due to my belief that they tend to be overpriced chinasaurs to put it nicely.   

My top  would be the Desmatosuchus, and the 2012 Parasaurolophus.  I do not own the 2007 version so I am not sure how they would compare, but they look pretty darn close.

I think the 2012 para is a just a re-paint of the older model. I could be mistaken.

Takama

Quote from: Gwangi on November 13, 2014, 11:11:34 PM
Quote from: laticauda on November 13, 2014, 10:54:21 PM

I think the 2012 para is a just a re-paint of the older model. I could be mistaken.

Its a Shrunken version of the 2007 Para

Gwangi

Shrunken too? I think I'll hold out for the 2007 version then.

Raptoress

The Therizinosaurus. I love everything about it. It's just so cool looking. I love the articulated features and the crazy colour scheme. I really like all Schleich's dinosaurs, even though my opinion is not the most popular one around here, lol. :)

Megalosaurus

My favorite prehistoric: Macrauchenia (must have if you collect mammals). The gliptodon is also wort getting.
Favorite dinosaur: Orange Parasaurolophus.
The Big All (green allosaurus) is also good, yes it has clown feet as many others in the market.   
And watch out for the 2015 Kentrosaurus.
Schleich has some very good figures, the problem is that they are discontinued.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

postsaurischian

All the good ones have already been mentioned :). The Plateosaurus is also pretty nice.
My favourite would also be the 2007 Parasaurolophus.

TJ_Terrorsaur

I have to say my favorites are my Therizinosaurus, Styracosaurus, and my Red  T-Rex. I love the bright colors on the ones I mentioned it makes them stand out amongst the browns and grays and greens.
I also like the Brachiosaurus since so far he and my Therizinosaurus are my tallest figures on my top shelf.

Arul

In my opinion schleich prehistoric figure is not so awesome but the price is lil bit expensive, but i like the animal figure, baby arctic seal is my favorite  :P kentrosaurus is the best schleich dino figure i think, i like the gesture. even the product is not come out yet hehehe just guessing

SBell

My favorite is the Desmatosuchus.

Of the current/recent figures, it's whatever they have at the store, because it means they aren't in my collection. I'm not a fan of Schleich's current direction, is what I'm saying. I won't buy any of them, and my kids won't either.

laticauda

Quote from: ARUL on November 14, 2014, 04:21:39 AM
In my opinion schleich prehistoric figure is not so awesome but the price is lil bit expensive, but i like the animal figure, baby arctic seal is my favorite  :P kentrosaurus is the best schleich dino figure i think, i like the gesture. even the product is not come out yet hehehe just guessing
We can only hope.

Arul

Quote from: laticauda on November 14, 2014, 05:13:13 AM
Quote from: ARUL on November 14, 2014, 04:21:39 AM
We can only hope.
Yeah...and i hope they distribute the 2015 giganotosaurus and velociraptor soon, they look nice  :D

Roselaar

Best dinosaur for me would be the 2007 Parasaurolophus. Best prehistoric figure overall is definitely the gorgeous Shonisaurus, even though it's inaccurate. It's stunning, heavy and big! Desmatosuchus, Plateosaurus, Glyptodon and Marcrauchenia also deserve to be mentioned, as I'm glad they have been in this thread.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: