News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favourite Schleich Dino

Started by Deanosaur7, November 13, 2014, 09:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

my fave Schleich figures that i have are the Parasaurolophus (2007), Macrauchenia, the Large Allo (not the ugly recent repaint w/movable jaw), the recently retired large Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Daspletodave

The Parasaurolophus, Triceratops, and the older Plateosaurus and Iguanodon.
Their marine reptiles were also very good, and Schleich had the best flying Pteranodon figure.

Federreptil

I like most the Schleichs of the Papo-like era: The great brachiosaurus (2008) despite the bow legs, the brown apatosaurus (2012) and the brown parasaurolophus (2007). A nice head has the Anhanguera (2007) and the big Velociraptor (2012) is a nice companion to the Papo-one. The smaller Giganotosaurus (2012) with articulated jaw was the start for e renewed passion – so I owe very much to this Schleich dinosaur. In my view the trend of the newest figures is too cartoonish. Too gigantic feet, fancy colors and big heads. The best or even worst example is here the Therizinosaurus. I want no marvel superhero without cape in my collection.

Wolf-EyE

I collect Shcleich dinos. So far I have, I love them all:

2012 T-rex

Big Velociraptor

Big green Allosaurus (non movable jaw)

Carnotaurus

Triceratops

Very detalied figures.. Highly recommed them

I want to buy 2014 light green T-rex, even its lack of paint job, and light green doesnt match with this carnivore, I like it a lot

and Pentasaurus

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Shonisaurus

My favorite was the shonisaurus Schleich.

It was one of the best figures from my point of view made by the factory. Moreover the edmontonia, nor upset me.

DC

Most memorable are Desmatosuchus and Shonisaurus both retired early.  Nothing since the company was bought out has been that interesting.  The early figures were almost always original even if not that good.  They never really figured out how to do theropods.  The production quality is consistently good.  They do plant very well though. 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

LophoLeeVT

i wounder why they are discontinued?
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Takama

Quote from: raptor64870 on June 29, 2015, 05:01:27 AM

POOR SALES.

All they care about is money. If a Product does not get in enough money They kick it out of Production. Happens with a lot of there models

tanystropheus

Shonisaurus
Macrauchenia
Elasmosaurus
Saichania
Parasaurolophus
Kentrosaurus
Pentaceratops
Brachiosaurus
Quetzalcoatlus
Therizinosaurus
(not accurate at all, but nice sculpt)

CityRaptor

Quote from: Takama on June 29, 2015, 05:11:23 AM
Quote from: raptor64870 on June 29, 2015, 05:01:27 AM

POOR SALES.

All they care about is money. If a Product does not get in enough money They kick it out of Production. Happens with a lot of there models

It's rather sad that it seems to happen more frequently to their better models than to their bad ones. Ofcourse people still talk about how good and lifelike those are.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: Gwangi on November 13, 2014, 09:32:11 PM
My favorite Schleich dinosaurs all happen to be ornithopods; Edmontosaurus, Corythosaurus and Parasaurolophus with the para probably being my hands down favorite. Unfortunately I only own the Edmontosaurus.

But really the best Schleich prehistoric models aren't their dinosaurs. The Shonisaurus and Anhanguera come to mind. Better than those though, and better than the dinosaurs...the Macrauchenia. Hands down, the best Schleich model (prehistoric) and one of the best extinct mammal models money can buy.

Gonna have to add Kentrosaurus to my list of Schleich favorites. Proof that Schleich is still a capable company. I honestly like the new Anhanguera too.

laticauda

Quote from: Gwangi on June 29, 2015, 07:35:15 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 13, 2014, 09:32:11 PM
My favorite Schleich dinosaurs all happen to be ornithopods; Edmontosaurus, Corythosaurus and Parasaurolophus with the para probably being my hands down favorite. Unfortunately I only own the Edmontosaurus.

But really the best Schleich prehistoric models aren't their dinosaurs. The Shonisaurus and Anhanguera come to mind. Better than those though, and better than the dinosaurs...the Macrauchenia. Hands down, the best Schleich model (prehistoric) and one of the best extinct mammal models money can buy.

Gonna have to add Kentrosaurus to my list of Schleich favorites. Proof that Schleich is still a capable company. I honestly like the new Anhanguera too.
Capable yes, but how often do they try for accuracy"? 

CityRaptor

They probably do not even try anymore and the Kentrosaurus was simply coincidence.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 29, 2015, 10:50:55 PM
They probably do not even try anymore and the Kentrosaurus was simply coincidence.

I agree, they probably just had good source material.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Gwangi on June 30, 2015, 12:36:49 AM

Agreed. I'm pretty sure they understand the notion of accuracy, but they probably don't care all that much (the same can be said of Mojo). An alternative theory is that perhaps they are catering to distinct target audiences, namely that the Kentro, Penta and Anhanguera are for the collectors, and the garden variety rubbish for the laymen.

Gwangi

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 30, 2015, 01:31:23 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 30, 2015, 12:36:49 AM

Agreed. I'm pretty sure they understand the notion of accuracy, but they probably don't care all that much (the same can be said of Mojo). An alternative theory is that perhaps they are catering to distinct target audiences, namely that the Kentro, Penta and Anhanguera are for the collectors, and the garden variety rubbish for the laymen.

That thought occurred to me as well and it would be a smart business decision. It does seem odd that they would produce abominations like their Therizinosaurus and Carnotaurus and then turn around and create something like the Kentrosaurus and Pentaceratops.

Dinomike

Kentrosaurus! It's stunning! I also like the older Apatosaurus - the massive blue/grey one. It'seems difficult to obtain though. And expensive.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

From my point of view shows Schleich with kentrosaurus or pentaceratops to give two examples and perhaps violet spinosaurus that the new line of dinosaurs line, whether it is intended almost exclusively for children, can make figures in what may be quite acceptable even from the point of view paleontological.

Line Schleich dinosaurs even distance itself from those who are collectors can make extremely educational figures for younger / smaller based on the examples mentioned above, an example of this are the dinosaurs articulated the playmovil company indeed exceptionally made and with magnificent comments on the blog toy dinosaur.

Moreover discarding should do as mentioned therizinosaurus bad figures like that is unmanageable as though that figure by the way has some bright colors and the same can be said of carnotaurus or velociraptor.

Paleona

I don't actually own any Schleich dinos at the moment, but there are a couple on my wish list.  Like everyone else, I'm really impressed with the Kentrosaurus (my favorite stegosaurid, too!).  I've also seen the Pentaceratops in person and it's a really lovely figure and much heavier than I imagined.  It's really sturdy feeling.  The retail price is $20, which is much steeper than Amazon's list price, which is why I didn't buy it at the store, haha.

Another one high on my list is that brown & yellow Parasaurolophus.  I know it has a couple inaccuracies, but Paras are one of my childhood favorites and that particular figure has a great overall look to it, in my opinion.  It looks like a very sweet animal.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: