News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How old is everyone here?

Started by Raptoress, November 28, 2014, 06:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Well until now the oldest is 49 and youngest is 11  :D

sauroid

im 28 and like most genuine dino lovers here ive loved dinosaurs since i was a toddler
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

I just turned 19 for the 30th time :-[.

Alexxitator

37, with a week of that remaining. Turn 38 next Boxing day
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Georassic

I struck 50 on December 8. Does that give me the title of Official DTF Fossil?
And, in the forever young category, my youngest son will turn 1 on February 7.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Georassic on December 18, 2014, 04:10:38 AM
I struck 50 on December 8. Does that give me the title of Official DTF Fossil?

No, we still have older members.
You are exactly one day older than my sister, by the way :).
à propos Fossil: We had a member who beared that name. He was in his mid-sixties if I remember correctly.

Georassic

No, we still have older members.
You are exactly one day older than my sister, by the way :).
à propos Fossil: We had a member who beared that name. He was in his mid-sixties if I remember correctly.
[/quote]
I would have been shocked to be the oldest. And happy belated birthday to your sister...."Welcome to 50!"

SpittersForEver

Quote from: ARUL on December 15, 2014, 02:29:52 AM

Am I the youngest then? :(

postsaurischian

SpittersForEver

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 20, 2014, 05:39:20 PM
Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 20, 2014, 05:31:26 PM

Why :(? Being young is like :)!

How? I hate being young, I can't do anything like drive a car.

JohannesB

I love this Forum. It has all ages between early teens and the wiser ages (or however one should define it). I would like to delude myself I am somewhere in between ::) I'm 41 :P I think I started getting interested in Dinosaurs (and earlier life in general) at around 6 years old. So at a relatively older age, right? :)) And I think it went in fits and starts, beginning with a cheap little Dimetrodon from Airfix. I never even painted it or something. I have always been lazy, I guess. But maybe I am digressing too much. I turn 42 in the summer. I hope.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 20, 2014, 08:08:17 PM

When you're a kid you're pretty much carefree. I miss the times when the only thing I had to worry about was getting homework in on time. They say ignorance is bliss...I believe it is true (and I don't mean ignorance in an insulting way...more like innocence).

SpittersForEver

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 20, 2014, 08:18:35 PM
Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 20, 2014, 08:08:17 PM

When you're a kid you're pretty much carefree. I miss the times when the only thing I had to worry about was getting homework in on time. They say ignorance is bliss...I believe it is true (and I don't mean ignorance in an insulting way...more like innocence).

I suppose so but being 11 is so boring  :P

Paleogene Pals

I don't understand why the young want to grow up so fast, driving a car isn't all that it is cracked up to be. Take a drive through rush hour Kansas City or Dallas and you'll see. Enjoy your youth while you have it. Because afterwards, you have bills, loans, a job to hold down, taxes to fill out, aches, pains, baldness, and so forth.  Plus, you have to constantly yell at people to get off your lawn.  >:(

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on December 20, 2014, 10:23:36 PM
I don't understand why the young want to grow up so fast, driving a car isn't all that it is cracked up to be. Take a drive through rush hour Kansas City or Dallas and you'll see. Enjoy your youth while you have it. Because afterwards, you have bills, loans, a job to hold down, taxes to fill out, aches, pains, baldness, and so forth.  Plus, you have to constantly yell at people to get off your lawn.  >:(

I can't wait till I get a job, I'll get the sideshow dioramas, every single one  8)

DinoLord

Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 20, 2014, 10:48:30 PM
Quote from: Paleogene Pals on December 20, 2014, 10:23:36 PM

I can't wait till I get a job, I'll get the sideshow dioramas, every single one  8)

I have to say driving is pretty handy - I get to ship out my own packages now!

@SpittersForEver: Though financial independence can be tempting, I highly advise biding your time and sticking to the models you most like. That way when the unexpected deal of a lifetime comes around you'll actually have the cash on hand to take advantage of it. And there are other important things in life to be spending money on too.

Paleogene Pals

I have a job and still can't get every Sideshow Collectible. Having enough trouble just getting two as it is. Oh, but that Apatosaurus is worth it.  ;D

Federreptil

Still 50, but soon it will be one more. When I remember well, I'm one of the older fans. I had started to be a fan at 1972 with the German dinosaur version of "How&why" (was ist was) and a chinasaur-copy of eight marx dinosaurs. Some years later I lost the attention for a long time. Like many others the two first jurassic park movies waked me up. But only a few books and no figures. Since three years the fever took me again. So intensely that my wife likes the winter, when the most dinos have been asleep and waiting for a new diorama.

Sim

Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 20, 2014, 08:49:47 PM
I suppose so but being 11 is so boring  :P
It's good to have things to look forward to in the future!  Life is quite different at different points in life.  It's not possible to go back to an earlier age, that's why I think it's important to enjoy life as much as possible at every age!  There are good things only possible as an adult (like being wiser, and not having to depend on parents for dinosaur figures ;)) but there are also good things you can only experience when you're younger (like having less responsiblities and being able to play more).  I'm happier as an adult, but I made the most of my younger years and I didn't wish I could grow up quicker... ;)  (I also know quite a few adults who miss their younger years.)

triceratops83

Chronologically 31, mentally 11, physically 71
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: