You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nasutoceratops vs.Nasutoceratops vs.Nasutoceratops

Started by Concavenator, December 09, 2014, 06:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Nasutoceratops model you prefer?

Wild Safari
26 (46.4%)
CollectA
5 (8.9%)
Battat
25 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

sauroid

this thread is only making me want to see the Battat Nasuto even more
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

loru1588

Finished the sculpt yesterday. Will send it out for molding & casting end of the week. Should have resins before Feb.2015 and paint samplke and cleaned up resins of the Battat end of February. Then I can show pics.

DinoLord

Good to hear. Seems like these few years have been very very good to ceratopsian fans!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: loru1588 on December 18, 2014, 01:03:23 AM
Finished the sculpt yesterday. Will send it out for molding & casting end of the week. Should have resins before Feb.2015 and paint samplke and cleaned up resins of the Battat end of February. Then I can show pics.

Awesome!

Daspletodave

Dan's Dinosaurs just posted a video of the new Safari Nasutoceratops (and Yutyrannus)
Sorry Collecta, but you suck!

Can't wait to see the Battat version.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not leaking anything..but I think everyone will be impressed with the Battat. ;)

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 20, 2014, 05:02:54 PM
Not leaking anything..but I think everyone will be impressed with the Battat. ;)

Ve Haff Vays of making you talk...
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 20, 2014, 05:26:47 PM

Ve Haff Vays of making you talk...

..and there are ways I would..but I'm not sure your up for them... ;)

lol  ;D

Bokisaurus

CAn't really say about the other two since it will be a while before they are released. For me, each figure from will be unique and have their own plus and minus.
Anyhow, here is one of the trio, Safari's version. It's a nice fire for sure.
[

triceratops83

Good to see proper ceratopsian skin texture.

Has there ever been this many great figures of one genus (we all know battat will be great) in one year, and a newly described one to boot?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Yutyrannus

Yep, I knew someone would say something like that. It really helps the wait until you can see the model ::) :)).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Sim

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 20, 2014, 11:55:30 PM
CAn't really say about the other two since it will be a while before they are released. For me, each figure from will be unique and have their own plus and minus.
Anyhow, here is one of the trio, Safari's version. It's a nice fire for sure.
Hehe, did you set it on fire? ;)  It looks quite different to the pre-release photos, the actual toy is much greyer.

Concavenator

The WS Nasuto is flawless...but I think the CollectA one looks more aesthetic.Both are really awesome,and those real life pictures make me want the Safari one more and more.

Rathalosaurus

Me too. Maybe I`ll get the WS one and repaint it like the CollectA one.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Lusotitan

I do like the Collecta's color scheme. Most Nasutoceratops reconstructions I've seen are green, and it's nice to see something else.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dan asked me to post these for him, pics are a bit out of focus due to camera issues :

Patrx

It looks really promising, from what I can see! Very similar pose to the Pachyrhinosaurus, though. Not necessarily a bad thing.

DinoLord

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 28, 2015, 09:21:18 PM
Dan asked me to post these for him, pics are a bit out of focus due to camera issues :
[...]
I believed the blur was intentional :D

It looks great, but the horns seems shorter than the other models. Is it all right?  I mean, the keratin covering the bones will add some extra lenght to what we see in the fossil.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

loru1588

Thanks Blade of the Moon for posting!! It's actually a mirror image kinda of the Pachy. Honestly, camera is on the way out, pissed that I need a new one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: