You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nasutoceratops vs.Nasutoceratops vs.Nasutoceratops

Started by Concavenator, December 09, 2014, 06:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Nasutoceratops model you prefer?

Wild Safari
26 (46.4%)
CollectA
5 (8.9%)
Battat
25 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: loru1588 on January 28, 2015, 11:30:25 PM
Thanks Blade of the Moon for posting!! It's actually a mirror image kinda of the Pachy. Honestly, camera is on the way out, pissed that I need a new one.

Not a problem bud, anything I can do to help. You just need one of those cheapie digital cameras walmart sells..it's what I use. If it breaks and needs replacing at least it didn't cost much.

Concavenator

What a beautiful model!Love thempose,it looks very gracile.

Sim

I don't comment much on pre-release pictures of figures.  I will comment now though and say I like the pose of the Battat Nasutoceratops!  It isn't easy waiting for the new Battat Terra dinosaurs, especially the Gastonia!

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 28, 2015, 10:21:23 PM
It looks great, but the horns seems shorter than the other models. Is it all right?  I mean, the keratin covering the bones will add some extra lenght to what we see in the fossil.
The Battat Nasuto looks fine to me.

The horns on the Battat Nasutoceratops look the same length as the horns on the CollectA Nasuto.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 29, 2015, 02:31:42 AM
Thanks Blade of the Moon for posting!! It's actually a mirror image kinda of the Pachy. Honestly, camera is on the way out, pissed that I need a new one.

Not a problem bud, anything I can do to help. You just need one of those cheapie digital cameras walmart sells..it's what I use. If it breaks and needs replacing at least it didn't cost much.
truth is, if you have a cell fone, you likely own a state of the art camera right there...and if not, most tablets are high resoloution cameras as well.....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 29, 2015, 01:26:56 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 29, 2015, 02:31:42 AM

truth is, if you have a cell fone, you likely own a state of the art camera right there...and if not, most tablets are high resoloution cameras as well.....

For myself..I own neither. lol

loru1588

stargatedalek

I don't own a cellphone either, no use for one. I do own a tablet but its camera is sub-par at best.

The nasutoceratops looks very nice from what we can see of it, I like the patterns on the horns and the glistening eyes.

Bokisaurus

Very nice and exciting. If all 3 are the same size, it will be one interesting herd. Looking at all 3 photos side-by-side, they are are very nicely done. It would be interesting to see what the Battat version's paint will look like :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Point being you can go on ebay and purchase used cellfones all day for less then five dollars, that show wear or no longer work as a fone, but can still take great pictures.....much cheaper than buying a digital camera . As for a tablet, I somehow wound up having a Kindle for reading PDF's , a tablet for taking plces, a primary laptop, and a backup laptop....go figure.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

From what I can tell I would have won the bet, there is no silly pony shaped mane of quills on the back of Dan's sculpt

tyrantqueen

I've had the same camera now for about 4-5 years. I don't have a mobile phone, never have had one.

I personally believe it is false economy to buy cheap things and keep replacing them. You'll end up spending more in the long run.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 29, 2015, 07:26:51 PM
Point being you can go on ebay and purchase used cellfones all day for less then five dollars, that show wear or no longer work as a fone, but can still take great pictures.....much cheaper than buying a digital camera . As for a tablet, I somehow wound up having a Kindle for reading PDF's , a tablet for taking plces, a primary laptop, and a backup laptop....go figure.

I'd rather just have the camera for 30.00 though. If it breaks I can take it back and people won't call me while working all day.. lol

loru1588

Resins were mailed priority on Friday. Depending on the snowstorms we're getting I hope to have them in hand Monday or Tuesday. As soon as I send them off to Battat I will post pics.

loru1588

Resins are in hand and they came out good!! I will clean them up and glue the heads on and fill & re-texture those areas. Will work on paint sample early next week. Hopefully have some pics up by the end of the month!!

Albertosaurus

Quote from: loru1588 on February 14, 2015, 02:50:29 AM
Resins are in hand and they came out good!! I will clean them up and glue the heads on and fill & re-texture those areas. Will work on paint sample early next week. Hopefully have some pics up by the end of the month!!

Fantastic!! Can't wait!!

Bokisaurus

Here you go, finally can see two of out of the 3 nasutoceratops side-by-side. I have to say that sculpting wise, Safari have more of an edge, but personality and creativity in color, I have to say I would go with CollectA. There is just something about this small ( smaller than Safari's) figure that is so endearing. I really love the color and calm pose of this figure. The Safari figure has longer horns, but the CollectA figure is oriented more in a C shape ( like a bull). For me personally, both figures are great and different interpretation of the animal, so it's a tie in my book ^-^
[
[]

Dinomike

Wonderful pics Boki! And great models. My favorite is still the Safari one. I think it has everything right: the proportions, the pose, the details, the color scheme. Both are really good, though!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

My favorite model is Safari. It is best suited to most paleoartísticas representations, Julius Csotonyi. Raúl Martín for putting just two paleoartísticas representations of the dinosaur.

suspsy

The WS Nasuto is better sculpted, but the CollectA Nasuto has a much more vivid colour scheme. Both are great.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

dinosaurdungeon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 28, 2015, 09:21:18 PM
Dan asked me to post these for him, pics are a bit out of focus due to camera issues :

is the pic link broken or is it only me who can't see it?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: