News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nature Photography (Formally Spring is in the Air)

Started by Gwangi, March 13, 2012, 02:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Something to cover all the seasons?  Hmm?  I'll give it some thought. 

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on January 21, 2016, 12:04:01 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 20, 2016, 08:31:29 PM
Thank you Halichoeres.

I agree, this thread title is a little behind.  Perhaps a winter thread would be in order?  Some winter scenery can be quite breath taking.  (No pun)

I need to come up with a thread title that I don't have to change every 3 months. I only used this title because it was the same of this thread on the old forum started by Radman. Any suggestions?

To be honest, I like the title and that it changes as we go through the year! But I can see how it might be a bit of a pain to keep up.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Doug Watson

Quote from: Gwangi on January 21, 2016, 12:04:01 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 20, 2016, 08:31:29 PM
Thank you Halichoeres.

I agree, this thread title is a little behind.  Perhaps a winter thread would be in order?  Some winter scenery can be quite breath taking.  (No pun)

I need to come up with a thread title that I don't have to change every 3 months. I only used this title because it was the same of this thread on the old forum started by Radman. Any suggestions?

Actually I was fine when you just kept it "Spring is in the Air" in memory of Radman. It also doesn't bother me with you changing it with the seasons but I wouldn't want the original vibe lost with a totally new name, again in memory of Radman

Viking Spawn

I'm sorry... But if you don't mind me asking, who was and what was the sorry behind Radman?  I assume when you say in memory of, you mean deceased?

Doug Watson

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 21, 2016, 03:01:16 PM
I'm sorry... But if you don't mind me asking, who was and what was the sorry behind Radman?  I assume when you say in memory of, you mean deceased?

Radman  was a member of the original forum and this forum and was a collector and an artist. He started this thread in the old forum. He passed away last year around this time. I knew of him but did not have any interaction with him. He was very well liked this thread will give you a sense of the man.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2020.msg52245#msg52245

His collection thread was locked in his honour.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=160.0

Viking Spawn

Thanks Doug.  That's truly sad to hear. 

Newt

It was actually Radman's passing that led me to this forum - someone posted about his death and linked to his collection thread on the Clubhouse forum (a great garage kit forum, you guys should check it out), where I was active at the time. I'm sorry I never got to interact with him, he seemed like a good guy.

In happier news, I have snow! About 1.5", with more to come tomorrow. Pics to come.

Gwangi

If I recall correctly Radman also changed the name of the thread as the season progressed. But I could be wrong. I don't see why I would have started doing it otherwise though. Well, we'll leave it as is I guess and if I feel compelled to change the name in order to reflect the season than so be it but otherwise it will stay as is. It's not like I need to tell anyone here what season it is, and if you're in certain parts of the world then the thread title is inaccurate anyway.

Simon

Quote from: Doug Watson on January 21, 2016, 03:11:46 PM

Radman  was a member of the original forum and this forum and was a collector and an artist. He started this thread in the old forum. He passed away last year around this time. I knew of him but did not have any interaction with him. He was very well liked this thread will give you a sense of the man.

Sadly Doug, it was actually 2 years ago that Radman passed away.  How time flies.  I miss his contribution to this forum, as well as our private conversations ...

Doug Watson

Quote from: Simon on January 21, 2016, 05:57:38 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on January 21, 2016, 03:11:46 PM

Sadly Doug, it was actually 2 years ago that Radman passed away.  How time flies.  I miss his contribution to this forum, as well as our private conversations ...

You are correct I was thinking we were still in 2015.

tyrantqueen

Compliments of Storm Frank a few weeks back. We didn't have it bad as some places thankfully.

Newt

Wow, you got soaked! Hey, we have similar fences. Only, mine looks like this today:

We got snow, then freezing rain, then more snow. Here are some ice-encased wild rose hips:

Viking Spawn

That frozen Wild Rose image is beautiful Newt!

Doug Watson

Wow TQ & Newt if those shots are from your properties or around them I am envious. I would love to go back to living in the country. My wife likes to play in the country but prefers to live in the city or at least the suburbs.
Newt, I love that shot of your fence line, lots of atmosphere and the shot of the rosehips in ice is very pretty.
I am really bogged down with work but I am getting cabin fever and really need to escape to the woods. We have a ton of snow now.
Speaking of snow I hope my friends here from the eastern USA are surviving snowmaggedon and the freezing rain to the south. I just read that at least 12 people died in storm-related crashes in Tennessee, Kentucky, , Maryland, North Carolina and Virginia already. People really need to stay off the roads when they aren't used to these conditions. My prayers are with you.

tyrantqueen

QuoteWow TQ & Newt if those shots are from your properties or around them I am envious.

I do indeed live in the country. I much prefer the pace of things in the country, cities seem much too loud for me.

Archinto

bam by Archinto, on Flickr

Yeah, My fave thing about winter... Braaaappppp! Shot from my GoPro

Heres a couple shots of where I ride. Been to the tippy top of this mountain on the opposite side of it.

Mt Ascenscion by Archinto, on Flickr

another view looking the other direction.

Overlooking the Cooper Landing Entrance by Archinto, on Flickr
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Gwangi

I was about to ask if you lived in the Arctic and then I clicked your profile and saw Alaska. Close enough! Beautiful shots, I hope you'll continue to share more as the seasons progress.

Viking Spawn

Wow!  An Alaskan member?!  Those shots are gorgeous!!! 

Archinto

I have many more shots where these came from. Ive yet to hit the mountains this winter. These are from past years.

I've also got a bunch of shots from commercial fishing this last summer for another thread. :) I'll see if I can find some more :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Archinto on January 24, 2016, 03:39:53 AM
I have many more shots where these came from. Ive yet to hit the mountains this winter. These are from past years.

I've also got a bunch of shots from commercial fishing this last summer for another thread. :) I'll see if I can find some more :)

That would be great!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: