News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2016 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, January 10, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

I think that if the two companies collecta and safari continue the practice of adding additional ceratopsids each year, it might be nice to also offer a few of the less derived ones....perhaps aquilops, or arachaeoceratops. I am very fond of the Nastuoceratops Doug recently did, so I do look with anticipation to what his next ceratopsian model might be , of course. I am sure that noone will, but a nice psittacosaurus reflecting current understanding of the species might be nice, given how few models of it we have and the main figure for it , the Carnegie having been retired for years now.
    Noone has given us a really good updated Protoceratops recently, and I am also quite hoping someday someone might tackle Udanoceratops as well.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Patrx

I'll chime in a vote along with some of the rest of you for a nice, updated Protoceratops - preferably from Safari, as I think Doug has proven a significant aptitude for ceratopsians.

suspsy

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I really wish Carnegie had made a Protoceratops to go with the Velociraptor. It would have been a nicer swan song.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Daspletodave

With the death of Carnegie I have to modify my wishlist:
Safari - Deinocheirus, Iguanodon
Battat (any series) - Edmontosaurus, Allosaurus, Troodon, Iguanodon
Favorite - American Mastodon
Bullyland, Papo, Schleich - surprise us
Collecta, Mojo  - who cares?

suspsy

I'd love to see any company tackle a Basilosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Yutyrannus

I would like to see some company make a moa next year (probably Safari, considering their amazing Gastornis and Archaeopteryx).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

sauroid

Mojo is also a good candidate to make an awesome Dinornis. they made two really good recently extinct animals (Thylacine, quagga) and some awesome prehistoric mammals. (yeah i know they arent birds)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 26, 2015, 12:10:27 AM
I would like to see some company make a moa next year (probably Safari, considering their amazing Gastornis and Archaeopteryx).

Yes please. As far as I know the only moa toys floating around are three Yowies representing Dinornis, Megalapteryx and Pachyornis elephantopus, plus one plush Dinornis I found in the Otago Museum last year. A good-sized moa would be wonderful.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

John

With the Carnegie Collection now having reached the end of their line,this frees up many interesting possibilities for certain species to turn up in the Wild Safari Prehistoric World series like Giganotosaurus carolinii. ;D
Any potential new larger scale line to replace the Carnegie would have even greater potential for literally anything to appear,from larger versions of dinosaurs already in the Wild Safari line like Ceratosaurus nasicornis and Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai to even Tyrannosaurus rex and despite one having just come out,a Velociraptor mongoliensis :D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Concavenator on March 21, 2015, 07:54:45 PM
If Safari has a new ceratopsian in the works,I hope it's a chasmosaurine.We've now got 3 chasmosaurines now (Vagaceratops,Pachyrhinosaurus and Nasutoceratops).Even I'd like it to be a Kosmoceratops,I think a Titanoceratops or Coahuilaceratops would be magnificent.

Only Vagaceratops is a chasmosaurine, actually. Pachyrhinosaurus and Nasutoceratops are actually centrosaurines, even though Nasutoceratops looks more like a chasmosaurine in my opinion.

TJ_Terrorsaur

I can't remember what they're called but I'd love to see some of the Sauropods featured in Dinosaur Revolution. :D Or a banged up Allosaurus would be pretty neat.

Arul

1:1 dinosaur made by rebor gonna be the real living miniature

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: ARUL on April 01, 2015, 06:37:09 AM
1:1 dinosaur made by rebor gonna be the real living miniature

No kidding. -Nods head- Unless it's one of the smaller dinosaurs or a baby. :D

So hard to choose! I guess there are a few frontrunners though.
(BTW, I'm a 1:40 scale nerd, so I'm hoping for everything here to be in that range. Except the Toobs, of course.)

A Revived Carnegie: My first love. So sad they're going away, and they never updated their Apatosaurus, either! Alas.  :-[

Terra/Battat:
(Far and away my new favorite line! I can see why the original series has such a fanbase. Looking forward to the re-releases!)
- Concavenator
- Miragaia
- Nigersaurus
- Shunosaurus
- Lambeosaurus
- Any larger Transylvanian dinosaur (Telmatosaurus, Magyarosaurus, Paludititan)
(Dan, would you consider doing sets of smaller dinosaurs similar to Terra's North American & African Wildlife boxes? It would be so cool to have some more diminutive Mesozoic critters to run around my larger models' feet! I'm thinking formation-themed sets: for example, "Hell Creek Biota" or "Dwarf Dinosaurs of Transylvania". That last one would certainly turn some heads in the Target isles. ;) Just sayin'.)

Collecta:
- Deinocheirus
- Kulindadromeus family
- Shantungosaurus
- Brachytrachelopan (you can always trust Collecta for obscure weirdos)

Safari
- Lambeosaurus
- Permian Life Toob
- Prehistoric Whales Toob, featuring:
   - Indohyus
   - Pakicetus
   - Ambulocetus
   - Kutchicetus
   - Maiacetus
   - Dorudon
   - Livyatan melvillei
   - Basilosaurus (if they need another one to pad it out, though it's already in the Prehistoric Sea Life Toob)

We live in the golden age of ceratopsian toys, so I'd love to see any of the above companies tackle Centrosaurus, Einiosaurus, and Chasmosaurus (preferably with nice, colorful "eyespot" patterns on the frills). Also, I don't know who's stepping up to the plate for large 1:40 scale sauropods now that Carnegie's out, but I'd love to see Mamenchisaurus, Alamosaurus, and either Argentinosaurus or Dreadnoughtus. A Shonisaurus would be cool too.

Also I'd love to see ANY company produce some good 1:40 scale prehistoric mammals other than a wooly mammoth. A Paraceratherium (or whatever synonym you prefer) would like nice next to my sauropods.

Shonisaurus

I would like to Collecta Paraceratherium a new, more flexible ie less rigid and largest rubber.

Which are now insufficient and most importantly aimed to break.

Yutyrannus

I would also love to see a Yacarerani or Notosuchus from Safari :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Tapejara1122

I personally think that there sould be bit more decent mosasaurs or aquatics in general, but thats just me.

For Papo- Baryonx, Kentrosaurus, or a Dsungaripterx

For Battat terra- Ostafrikasaurus, Allosaurus, and a Pliosaur ( doesnt matter )

For WS -Carnotaurus, Shunosurus, or a Re-make of Spinosaurus

Anything from any other company, but c'mon make some aquatics!

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Arul

Quote from: Tapejara1122 on May 12, 2015, 12:47:53 AM
I personally think that there sould be bit more decent mosasaurs or aquatics in general, but thats just me.

What is wrong with collecta mosasaurus ?  :)

Tapejara1122

Quote from: ARUL on May 12, 2015, 02:29:40 AM
Quote from: Tapejara1122 on May 12, 2015, 12:47:53 AM

What is wrong with collecta mosasaurus ?  :)

Oh no, the  collecta mosasaurus is great! But there should be another great one like the collecta one. Still one of the best ones though :)

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: