News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2016 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, January 10, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Quote from: Tapejara1122 on May 12, 2015, 03:17:04 AM
Quote from: ARUL on May 12, 2015, 02:29:40 AM
Quote from: Tapejara1122 on May 12, 2015, 12:47:53 AM
I personally think that there sould be bit more decent mosasaurs or aquatics in general, but thats just me.

For Papo- Baryonx, Kentrosaurus, or a Dsungaripterx

For Battat terra- Ostafrikasaurus, Allosaurus, and a Pliosaur ( doesnt matter )
For WS -Carnotaurus, Shunosurus, or a Re-make of Spinosaurus

Anything from any other company, but c'mon make some aquatics!

What is wrong with collecta mosasaurus ?  :)

Oh no, the  collecta mosasaurus is great! But there should be another great one like the collecta one. Still one of the best ones though :)
Yes i hope so  :D my favorite mosasaur is tylosaurus from carnegie even it didnt have a fluke tail i think its still a great figure

Tapejara1122

Quote from: ARUL on May 12, 2015, 03:39:10 AM
Quote from: Tapejara1122 on May 12, 2015, 03:17:04 AM
Quote from: ARUL on May 12, 2015, 02:29:40 AM
Quote from: Tapejara1122 on May 12, 2015, 12:47:53 AM
I personally think that there sould be bit more decent mosasaurs or aquatics in general, but thats just me.

For Papo- Baryonx, Kentrosaurus, or a Dsungaripterx

For Battat terra- Ostafrikasaurus, Allosaurus, and a Pliosaur ( doesnt matter )
For WS -Carnotaurus, Shunosurus, or a Re-make of Spinosaurus

Anything from any other company, but c'mon make some aquatics!

What is wrong with collecta mosasaurus ?  :)

Oh no, the  collecta mosasaurus is great! But there should be another great one like the collecta one. Still one of the best ones though :)

Yes i hope so  :D my favorite mosasaur is tylosaurus from carnegie even it didnt have a fluke tail i think its still a great figure

Oh yeah thats one's probably the best, I agree! Its also my favorite model of my entire collection!

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

suspsy

Yes, the CollectA Mosasaurus is one of my favourites.

I would really like to see Papo take another stab at a sea monster. Their Plesiosaurus and Tylosaurus are so sad and pitiful. It'd be great if Papo could show how far they've come (hopefully) by making a nice pliosaur or ichthyosaur.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on May 25, 2015, 01:41:37 AM

I would really like to see Papo take another stab at a sea monster. Their Plesiosaurus and Tylosaurus are so sad and pitiful. It'd be great if Papo could show how far they've come (hopefully) by making a nice pliosaur or ichthyosaur.

I am not sure they'd be able to resist the temptation to make an ichthyosaur all scaly!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arul

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 25, 2015, 01:55:46 AM
Quote from: suspsy on May 25, 2015, 01:41:37 AM

I am not sure they'd be able to resist the temptation to make an ichthyosaur all scaly!

Maybe papo tylosaurus inspired by this drawing... or this drawing is inspired by papo ? Hehehe

Takama

I am not Buying as many Toys as i used too and im only getting Schelichs and Maybe Safari or Battat models as i have my own line to collect and Promote.

For Schelich, i hope they can give us an obscure surprise every year, in 2014 they gave us a Pentaceratops, and this year they gave us a Kentrosaurus

For Safari, I want more small creatures like the Aceoapteryx they released this year, and I hope They Allow Doug to do more Sauropods

For Battat. at the rate its taking, i estimate we will see the MOS models re released that are not part of the Terra line.  I really want to see more Sauropods made by them, and i hope Battat will let Dan Make some Smaller Creatures in a Larger Scale that he is able to work with.

Concavenator

If only Wild Safari made a Deinocheirus! That would be awesome.Do you think there are anny possibilities for this to happen? Right now I think Safari will bring out a Shunosaurus,a new theropod (A remade Carcharodontosaurus,or Deltadromeus,who knows?) and a new ceratopsian,I'd bet Kosmoceratops.I think there will some new non dinos.
I'm sure CollectA will make a Yi qi.The impression I got from them is that they love the animal.

stargatedalek

Yi Qi would be a great choice for that new line CollectA has going! Life sized I'd imagine (or close to it).

suspsy

I suspect CollectA will do a Yi qi next year. I also wouldn't be surprised if they released a new Deinocheirus.

As far as a Papo ichthyosaur goes, I imagine it would have a skin texture similar to their horrid Plesiosaurus. But a Kronosaurus with an articulated jaw would be really sweet.

Takama

Quote from: Concavenator on May 25, 2015, 10:40:32 PM
If only Wild Safari made a Deinocheirus! That would be awesome.Do you think there are anny possibilities for this to happen? Right now I think Safari will bring out a Shunosaurus,a new theropod (A remade Carcharodontosaurus,or Deltadromeus,who knows?) and a new ceratopsian,I'd bet Kosmoceratops.I think there will some new non dinos.
I'm sure CollectA will make a Yi qi.The impression I got from them is that they love the animal.

The Thing about Safari and Sauropods, is that they think that the General public thinks they all look the Same. Thats why there's only three in the line to date.

I really hope they can remake some of there Carnegie Collection Exclusives for the Wild Safari Line

I want a Concavenator, Dilong, Camerasaurus, Diplodocus, Parasaurolophus, and Corythosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Although I know it's not a very popular kind of dinosaur, like Collecta conduct a chilesaurus, his remains are very well preserved and is a new species.

Brontozaurus

I just want CollectA to give us more dinosaurs that aren't ceratopsians or theropods. I know, they're popular and can look very cool but it's getting just a little samey. More hadrosaurs?
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Zhuchengotyrant

CollectA:
Pelecanimimus
Mercuriceratops
Albertaceratops
CollectA Deluxe
Torvosaurus
-Zhuchengotyrant

suspsy

Quote from: Brontozaurus on May 27, 2015, 07:08:42 AM
I just want CollectA to give us more dinosaurs that aren't ceratopsians or theropods. I know, they're popular and can look very cool but it's getting just a little samey. More hadrosaurs?

Given CollectA's Chinese roots, I'm really surprised they haven't done a Shantungosaurus yet.

Concavenator

Safari will surely  announce their new dinosaurs next month,so here's what I'm expecting:

Kosmoceratops

Shunosaurus

A resculpt of an old theropod model.
A new pterosaur
A  new mosasaur
A new stegosaur

Let's see how many of these will actually come true  ;)

Zhuchengotyrant

Sorry for doing another one but I was rushed in my old one.
I would add:
CollectA Deluxe:
Zhuchengtyrannus
Wild Safari:
Qianzhousaurus
Mercuriceratops
Carnegie:
Some sort of ankylosaur
Battat:
Fukuiraptor
Dicraesaurus
Polacanthus
Siniceratops
-Zhuchengotyrant

Halichoeres

Quote from: Concavenator on August 13, 2015, 02:34:15 PM
Safari will surely  announce their new dinosaurs next month,so here's what I'm expecting:

Kosmoceratops

Shunosaurus

A resculpt of an old theropod model.
A new pterosaur
A  new mosasaur
A new stegosaur

Let's see how many of these will actually come true  ;)
I dearly hope you're right about the Shunosaurus. I want to set the CollectA version on fire.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 13, 2015, 03:02:43 PM
I dearly hope you're right about the Shunosaurus. I want to set the CollectA version on fire.

On that note, I often wonder why CollectA doesn't retire some of their older models already. A lot of them are just plain bad, no two ways about it.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Doug Watson

Quote from: Takama on May 26, 2015, 12:40:03 AM
The Thing about Safari and Sauropods, is that they think that the General public thinks they all look the Same.

Okay let me try to clarify this again. We don't think the general public thinks all sauropods look the same, obviously Apatosaurus doesn't look like Amargasaurus. But with any family of dinosaurs we would try not to make any two that are very similar as an example some look very much the same but are distinguishable mainly by size. Also sometimes the diagnostic that separates some species is under the flesh in the skeleton and not visible on the outside. So when picking something new to suggest to Safari I always look for something that has significantly different visible features from any we have done before whether it be a Sauropod or Theropod etc.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: