News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2016 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, January 10, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neon-Allo

*Clears throat* Einiosaurus?
*dissapears into the mist*

joossa

I think I already responded, but here are some more on my wish list:

Papo and/or Rebor:
Cryolophosaurus
Monolophosaurus
Diabloceratops
Ornithomimus

Papo:
Giganotosaurus
Edmontonia
Kentrosaurus

Rebor:
Carnotaurus
Stegosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Spinosaurus

WS:
Regaliceratops
Edmontonia
Protoceratops
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Appalachiosaurus

CollectA:
A 1:35 Paraceratherium
An Appalachiosaurus
Wild Safari:
A 1:35 Shantungosaurus
A 1:35 Suchomimus (Their current one is underwhelmingly small)
Battat:
Allosaurus/Metriacanthosaurus/Yangchuanosaurus/etc.

Papo and Rebor can do whatever they want, I have enough detailed-but-inaccurate toys.

alexeratops

Wild Safari:
Therizinosaurus
Updated T.Rex, possibly with feathers
Yi Qi
Kosmoceratops

CollectA:
1:1, maybe 1:2 scale Microraptor
Giganotosaurus
Shantungosaurus
Cryptoclidus
Feathered Gallimimus with base
Labyrinthodontia
maybe an updated feathered T.Rex without moving jaw

Papo:
JW Inspired Mosasaurus (I know I'm terrible)
Suchomimus

Those are the brands I care about/have access to.  :) Hopefully a few will be made
like a bantha!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on August 13, 2015, 09:12:09 PM
CollectA:
An Appalachiosaurus
Wild Safari:
Battat:

Papo and Rebor can do whatever they want, I have enough detailed-but-inaccurate toys.

The current Safari Suchomimus is about 1:40. I guess that's small compared to a Rebor, but I like it!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Neon-Allo on August 13, 2015, 05:28:35 PM

I'm sure Doug will be quick to swoop in with an "I can neither confirm nor deny...", but piecing together his hints, I think there's a good chance it will show up in either 2016 or 2017.  ;)

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 15, 2015, 04:16:51 PM
CollectA:
An Appalachiosaurus
Wild Safari:
Battat:

The current Safari Suchomimus is about 1:40. I guess that's small compared to a Rebor, but I like it!

It is nice, but I think the animal is very interesting and unappreciated, and I kind of want one to dominate my shelf instead of another T. rex.  :D

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on August 15, 2015, 09:14:08 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 15, 2015, 04:16:51 PM
CollectA:
An Appalachiosaurus
Wild Safari:
Battat:

It is nice, but I think the animal is very interesting and unappreciated, and I kind of want one to dominate my shelf instead of another T. rex.  :D

Then I think you'd want one in 1:20 scale... 1:35 would hardly be a noticeable size difference.

Neon-Allo

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on August 15, 2015, 04:44:18 PM

I'm sure Doug will be quick to swoop in with an "I can neither confirm nor deny...", but piecing together his hints, I think there's a good chance it will show up in either 2016 or 2017.  ;)
I can only hope! :)) :)) :))

Doug Watson

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on August 15, 2015, 04:44:18 PM

*Swoop* ... I didn't realize I was dropping hints. ??? On the point about "neither confirm or deny"....you got it!

Saurian

I hope  safari  release T rex feathers version,  Collecta little disappointed me
Soory,my English is poor

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: Saurian on August 16, 2015, 04:43:02 PM
I hope  safari  release T rex feathers version,  Collecta little disappointed me
I think it would have been ok had they not colored it so brightly. I'm not a fan of feathered tyrannosaurs, however if one had to be made I think it should be colored in a more realistic, uniform brown or green.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

tanystropheus

Somebody please make a high-end Mamenchisaurus. And, please don't make it lime green or any other mountain dew colors.

Prehistorictravel

Safari:
Coelophysis
Regaliceratops
Gigantoraptor
Paraceratherium
Peking Man (For Wild Safari,not toob)

CollectA:
Euchambersia
Archelon
Chuanjiesaurus
Beelzebufo
Fukuiraptor

Quote from: Prehistorictravel on August 17, 2015, 04:41:07 PM
Safari:
Coelophysis
Regaliceratops
Gigantoraptor
Paraceratherium
Peking Man

Peking Man belongs to the species Homo erectus, which was already represented in this year's "Evolution of Man" set. You can see it at Amazon here (it's the one with the fire): http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00HLV6X98/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=8RGAUL0Z0ARG&coliid=ILLJAN7MWXSS7&psc=1

I second all your other choices, though!

suspsy

Quote from: Prehistorictravel on August 17, 2015, 04:41:07 PM
CollectA:
Euchambersia
Archelon
Chuanjiesaurus
Beelzebufo
Fukuiraptor

Those are some great ideas. The Beelzebufo would probably work best at the Supreme level, and sculpted in the act of swallowing a baby dinosaur.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

terrorchicken

had to google up beezlebufo, oh geez gigantic amphibians creep me out! Ill take dinosaurs over them any day.  :o

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on August 17, 2015, 08:47:20 PMThe Beelzebufo would probably work best at the Supreme level, and sculpted in the act of swallowing a baby dinosaur.
Perhaps it could have a hollowed out interior and a poseable jaw to swallow even the largest of out-of-scale dinosaurs ;)

I really do think that sculpting it with a baby dinosaur permanently fused in its mouth would drastically hurt sales. That's more the kind of thing to leave for diorama or statue makers.

suspsy

A Supreme Beelzebufo with a hinged jaw could be neat---although it'd be harder to pull off given how wide the mouth was.

I'm rather fond of CollectA's penchant for animals devouring other animals---I'd flip for a Titanoboa constricting an Anthracosuchus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Saurian

Quote from: Monkeysaurus on August 16, 2015, 07:06:26 PM
Quote from: Saurian on August 16, 2015, 04:43:02 PM
I think it would have been ok had they not colored it so brightly. I'm not a fan of feathered tyrannosaurs, however if one had to be made I think it should be colored in a more realistic, uniform brown or green.
Base reduces the playability for me,
Soory,my English is poor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: