News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 20, 2015, 09:36:37 AM
Not centaurs...they are apparently called Equestria Girls.

So Centauress ? lol Sorry just poking fun. I've seen humanized/anthro MLP stuff already so it doesn't sound like much of a stretch.

If they sell I guess they can make them, I'm not ashamed to say  had a couple MLP toys when I was younger..and watched the cartoon series, and the movies...

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like it..but man the proportions seem off..HUGE head.neck, tiny body, big arms and legs. I think as long as I pretend it's a baby one I'll be fine...lol

The image with the figure in it's mouth reminds me of the dying/injured Apato in the trailer. I hope we get to see a good fight there..Apatosaurus would have even given T-Rex a good match.

CityRaptor

Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

suspsy

If this movie involves humiliating T. Rex AGAIN, then I wish ill upon the filmmakers.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

I highly doubt it. My guess is she will either take out the I-Rex or assist in doing so in some way.

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 21, 2015, 10:22:26 PM
I highly doubt it. My guess is she will either take out the I-Rex or assist in doing so in some way.
I see I'm not the only one calling that as the big finale for "Jurassic World".Expect Chris Pratt to orchestrate the four Velociraptors in a coordinated attack on the new hybrid with the Tyrannosaurus then showing up to join in the frey.Together with however many raptors are left by the time it gets there,the rex will obviously take down the hybrid in the end,since not only will this big battle take place at the end of the film where the new hybrid does not need to be alive afterward for the movie to continue,but the rex will happen to be the same individual from the first movie.That puts this rex in King Kong or Gwangi territory,where it just isn't going to lose a fight to anything in it's own movie. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: John on February 22, 2015, 01:27:45 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 21, 2015, 10:22:26 PM
I see I'm not the only one calling that as the big finale for "Jurassic World".Expect Chris Pratt to orchestrate the four Velociraptors in a coordinated attack on the new hybrid with the Tyrannosaurus then showing up to join in the frey.Together with however many raptors are left by the time it gets there,the rex will obviously take down the hybrid in the end,since not only will this big battle take place at the end of the film where the new hybrid does not need to be alive afterward for the movie to continue,but the rex will happen to be the same individual from the first movie.That puts this rex in King Kong or Gwangi territory,where it just isn't going to lose a fight to anything in it's own movie. ;D

We already have official confirmation that the biggest Rex in JW is "Rexy" the same one from the first film.

There are also two other show stopper elements to consider for big parts..the huge Mosasaurus and that volcano that keeps showing up in the background  of all the art.

EmperorDinobot

Light up wounds? Who the bleep thinks this bleep up?

What the ....

Just...

Go to the Hadean, Hasbro.

I hate you and will not buy toys from you anymore.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 22, 2015, 03:05:05 AM

What the ....

Just...

Harsh.  At least the Star Wars stuff is halfway decent.  Except I still can't believe a company that has been making figures of the guy for, what, 20 years cannot get Darth Vader's helmet right for his highly anticipated 6" figure.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 22, 2015, 05:17:01 AM

What the ....

Just...

Harsh.  At least the Star Wars stuff is halfway decent.  Except I still can't believe a company that has been making figures of the guy for, what, 20 years cannot get Darth Vader's helmet right for his highly anticipated 6" figure.

That's one of the nicest things I've said about the subject, actually :)

CityRaptor

Think of the positive: It means you have more space. ;D

They probably thought: "Hey, light up features also work for our other lines!" Someone probably forgot to tell them that Dinosaurs are not like vehicles, sentient alien robots or magical ponies where it makes sense to have light up features.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Someone posted on another forum the blinking light looks like blood pumping.

I think they could have left it out and knocked off a buck or two..but small kids like " LIGHTS & SOUNDS!!!" to get their attention on the shelf.

Our real problem is Hasbro isn't doing this for collectors. We need a company making pieces for us older collectors.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 22, 2015, 07:11:25 PM
I think that was me :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 22, 2015, 07:36:21 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 22, 2015, 07:11:25 PM
I think that was me :P

Might have been..since toyfair I've been on 3 different forums and following links everywhere..lol

stargatedalek

I hear yah, its hard keeping up with everything this time of year.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 22, 2015, 08:25:32 PM
I hear yah, its hard keeping up with everything this time of year.

With me..it's any time of year..lol  The park needs me all the year to operate and the haunt we run in october piles on august-november.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Is it just me or does the Mosasaururs head a lot like a pliosaur instead..maybe Liopluerodon?  Maybe I'm just tired.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: