News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

They probably either did not care or it is the the result of making the mechanism work. The general pose also reminds me of this:

Which is sort of fitting if you think about it.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 22, 2015, 07:11:25 PM
I think they could have left it out and knocked off a buck or two..but small kids like " LIGHTS & SOUNDS!!!" to get their attention on the shelf.
Our real problem is Hasbro isn't doing this for collectors. We need a company making pieces for us older collectors.

Hmm, Papo could probably do it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

triceratops83

I think they could have left it out and knocked off a buck or two..but small kids like " LIGHTS & SOUNDS!!!" to get their attention on the shelf.

I think a lot of people don't remember being kids. Remember kids' movies from our childhood had all sorts of stuff they wouldn't dare film for younger audience today. Same with toys. I remember liking figures that produced  sounds, but even at a young age I didn't care for light up eyes and associated them with cheap toys. Animals make noises but don't "switch on" their eyes. Maybe I was grouchy and cynical even as a youngster , but I don't reckon kids in general seek out dinosaur toys with light up eyes. Maybe the younger members can shine a light on this...?

Oh ho, no pun intended.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Dinomike

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 23, 2015, 07:11:00 AM

Is it just me or does the Mosasaururs head a lot like a pliosaur instead..maybe Liopluerodon?  Maybe I'm just tired.

That bald raptor there looks half decent doesn't it? :D I mean at least better than some of the early pics.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

What do you people think - will we actually see that Stegoceratops in the movie?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

suspsy

According to reports from NY Toy Fair, no. It was made purely for fun by Hasbro. Though I suspect most folks here would have preferred a proper Triceratops or Stegosaurus.

Although really, if they were looking for the ultimate foe for the I-Rex, an unholy combination of ceratopsid, stegosaurid, ankylosaurid, and sauropod DNA would have been pretty funny. Stupid and insulting, but funny.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 23, 2015, 11:23:46 AM
They probably either did not care or it is the the result of making the mechanism work. The general pose also reminds me of this:

Which is sort of fitting if you think about it.

Our real problem is Hasbro isn't doing this for collectors. We need a company making pieces for us older collectors.

Hmm, Papo could probably do it.

Yeah the pose sort of feels like that.

Papo could but won't/can't for now I bet. They've strayed away from JP designs for the most part at any rate.

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 23, 2015, 02:32:00 PM

I think a lot of people don't remember being kids. Remember kids' movies from our childhood had all sorts of stuff they wouldn't dare film for younger audience today. Same with toys. I remember liking figures that produced  sounds, but even at a young age I didn't care for light up eyes and associated them with cheap toys. Animals make noises but don't "switch on" their eyes. Maybe I was grouchy and cynical even as a youngster , but I don't reckon kids in general seek out dinosaur toys with light up eyes. Maybe the younger members can shine a light on this...?

Oh ho, no pun intended.

i don't know bud I really wonder. I think kids are too much of a rush to grow up, parents are pushing them to do so, they have too much going on in their lives it's just go go go so they don't hardly ever stop to reflect. Those of us who can remember and remember often laying in the grass and dirt or playing by a creek with our toys and creating whole worlds..sadly we are in the minority. Kids seem to always be kids, adults are adults and the elderly seem to have never been children at all..each age is like a separate animal. Many don't see..they are blind in terms of imagination.

Quote from: Dinomike on February 23, 2015, 03:14:47 PM
What do you people think - will we actually see that Stegoceratops in the movie?

Yeah it's not a real thing..and not nearly as imaginative as they think I believe.  It's the only herbivore we're getting though. You can see the whole point of the line is claws,teeth,horns, spikes and fighting.  Heaven forbid you could build a herd or have a Triceratops win against a predator, an Apatosaurus can drive off a carnivore.

CityRaptor

There is also a Pachycephalosaurus. And wasn't there a Stegoceratops redeco? So one could have a pair of them...
And yes, it is not the most creative mix. I know of 3 earlier versions of that mix.
Oh no

stargatedalek

Ankylosaurus is a herbivore don't forget ;)
Pachycephalosaurus however is an omnivore, so still we only end up with two species of herbivore.

CityRaptor

It's however unlikely that we will see Pachycephalosaurus eating people...and most think of it as a herbivore. Also, to be fair, the JP line has always been carnivore centric.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 23, 2015, 07:16:31 PM
Ankylosaurus is a herbivore don't forget ;)
Pachycephalosaurus however is an omnivore, so still we only end up with two species of herbivore.

Totally forgot that one was in there.

For all we know the Stegoceratops eats flesh too..ceratopsians may have been omnivores as well last I recall. ;)

stargatedalek

Thats so true, how could I have forgotten that >.<

CityRaptor

Guess that means one herbivore and two ( or three if you count the repaint ) animals that are mainly herbivores/generally considered herbivores. 
Oh no

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 18, 2015, 04:16:13 AM
Ugh, dino damage again?  And from that tiny pic, the Allosaurus looks awful.  Hasbro, once again putting all their energy into Star Wars and ignoring everything else.

Their star wars figure have really cheaper out as well

CityRaptor

Well, they need to make a figure of everyone who appears for a splitsecond.
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 23, 2015, 08:05:22 PM
It's however unlikely that we will see Pachycephalosaurus eating people...and most think of it as a herbivore. Also, to be fair, the JP line has always been carnivore centric.

Toy lines in general usually are--second only to horns, spikes and other weapons. Because kids--the people that these are generally made for--like them better than 'plain' animals.

CityRaptor

Probably depends on the animal themed toyline. Those aimed at girls probably have more herbivores...that is how the whole gender-typing things work, doesn't it?
Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 26, 2015, 08:02:00 PM
Probably depends on the animal themed toyline. Those aimed at girls probably have more herbivores...that is how the whole gender-typing things work, doesn't it?
I think that's more an age group thing, lines aimed at younger children will have more herbivores. I think there's also some bias in that regard because animal toy lines are generally not aimed at girls except for a very young age.

CityRaptor

Well, that explains all those unnaturally colorful mammals, while actual mammals are generally plain.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

In package pics of I-Rex : http://www.wind-designs.com/hasbro/boys/jurassic-park/jurassic-park-growler-ast-1123.html#prettyPhoto

That's a lot of white..shame this isn't a polar dinosaur...lol

I'm a bit more discouraged again.. paint apps are practically non-existant, we also seem to have lost some detail in the rubber skin. The big loose seam in the neck I can see doesn't bode well either. Did the head get smaller a bit too?

I think the prototype is the one we saw at Toyfair and is on the box. Looks more..well..more.

CityRaptor

I love how the describtion uses male pronouns for her when she is female. Do they expect boys to not want this figure if it represents a female?
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: