News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 24, 2015, 05:40:04 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 24, 2015, 03:26:11 AM
Quote from: yankeetrex on June 23, 2015, 12:00:34 PM
The JW bluray box set with the Rex and indominus is for pre order at Walmart for 79.96

it's not releasing til 03/21/2016 ? that seems a long wait doesn't it?
I expect that to be a placeholder release date...I hope.

I had thought Christmas myself, but I some sites saying earlier..October maybe?

Doug Watson

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 24, 2015, 12:34:04 AM
I picked up the miniature dimorphodon and mosasaur today, the others can wait until the large bags show up, thanks for the news Doug Watson ;)

You are welcome, now hopefully it comes true.

yankeetrex

I reported the price difference of the gift set to amazons support team, oddly enough they said,"well I don't normally say this, but you always have the option to go to the lowest price". Strange because I always thought amazon would bend over backwards to accommodate the customer.  They did also say that it is very strange that the price is so starkly different and that it will most likely go down if a few customers report the price difference as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: yankeetrex on June 24, 2015, 03:20:26 PM
I reported the price difference of the gift set to amazons support team, oddly enough they said,"well I don't normally say this, but you always have the option to go to the lowest price". Strange because I always thought amazon would bend over backwards to accommodate the customer.  They did also say that it is very strange that the price is so starkly different and that it will most likely go down if a few customers report the price difference as well.

That is odd. Well if there is more confirmation on the release date I have no issue ordering from walmart.

Dobber

Where did you go or do you have a link that we can use to report the price? I like using Amazon as opposed to Walmart.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Tyrannosauron

That is an oddly snarky response from Amazon. My guess is that the price will come down either way within the next few weeks. Unless I missed something (which is possible, as I haven't had computer access for a week), I don't think the set's MSRP has been officially announced yet.

Paleona

The Amazon preorder price for the Gift Set with the figures has dropped to $79.96 for those interested  :)  Hopefully we'll get some info on their dimensions sometime soon!

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 24, 2015, 05:41:38 PM
That is odd. Well if there is more confirmation on the release date I have no issue ordering from walmart.

On Amazon.ca the release date for the Jurassic World Limited Edition Gift Set [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD is given as December 31, 2015, preorder price of $83.99 CAD

Blade-of-the-Moon

I figured a release date earlier in December for Christmas, but that's not bad.

Universal dropped the Amazon link in their Raptor Pass update yesterday.

Dobber

Good to know the price dropped.  Still show $107 for my order, but the FAQ says it can take up to 48hrs to show the change.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Cammy

Oh no, I waited too long and now the special collector's edition isn't available to preorder on Amazon.co.uk any more! I was hoping to get the UK one so it would play on players here in Australia, I don't want to have to get the US one which won't play at all, just for the figures... but it looks like I might have to. Damn, I didn't think they'd sell out through preorders so soon. :(

Gwangi

Anyone else read about this yet? Apperently Hasbro marketed all the JW dinosaurs as being male, despite the fact they are female in the movie.
http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/jurassic-world-dinosaur-toys-genderswapped-to-male-because-of-course-they-were

CityRaptor

Oh wow, I knew about the Indominus Rex, but not about the others. I mean come one, Hasbro! One of your best selling franchises has a mainly female cast and it has a huge male fanbase.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on June 25, 2015, 09:02:04 PM
Anyone else read about this yet? Apperently Hasbro marketed all the JW dinosaurs as being male, despite the fact they are female in the movie.
http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/jurassic-world-dinosaur-toys-genderswapped-to-male-because-of-course-they-were

It will go well with the complete lack of female human characters as figures.

Because apparently toy makes don't think boys will buy girl figures. Because toy makers are stuck in the 1950s and lack imagination. Or a sense of reality.

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on June 25, 2015, 10:12:39 PM

Because apparently toy makes don't think boys will buy girl figures. Because toy makers are stuck in the 1950s and lack imagination. Or a sense of reality.

You know, when I was a kid I had tons of TMNT toys but the one I wanted the most, April O'neil. I eventually did get one but it was hard to find, I was also the only kid I knew that had one. Speaking as a former boy, and current man-child I can say straight up that there is a demand for female characters. If for no other reason that when you play with them (or collect them) you want the entire cast of characters, or I did at least. But what do I know, I'm just the consumer.

I like to think that Hasbro just wasn't thinking, or didn't even know the dinosaurs would be female rather than they intentionally made the choice to gender-swap the dinosaurs in order to generate sales. That said, they've been making JP toys for awhile now and should know their source material quite well.

This also reminds me how in the JP novel (which I'm currently re-reading) they deliberately call the big T. rex a he, even though they know it is a she.

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on June 25, 2015, 10:34:52 PM

You know, when I was a kid I had tons of TMNT toys but the one I wanted the most, April O'neil. I eventually did get one but it was hard to find, I was also the only kid I knew that had one. Speaking as a former boy, and current man-child I can say straight up that there is a demand for female characters. If for no other reason that when you play with them (or collect them) you want the entire cast of characters, or I did at least. But what do I know, I'm just the consumer.

I like to think that Hasbro just wasn't thinking, or didn't even know the dinosaurs would be female rather than they intentionally made the choice to gender-swap the dinosaurs in order to generate sales. That said, they've been making JP toys for awhile now and should know their source material quite well.

This also reminds me how in the JP novel (which I'm currently re-reading) they deliberately call the big T. rex a he, even though they know it is a she.

Hasbro is likely doing it intentionally, in the same manner that Marvel female heroes from most of the movies get left out or sidelined. They literally don't care about making female human toys, under the assumption that boys don't want them. They are of course wrong (Scarlet and Baroness were among the best GIJoe figures!) but they don't listen (or the dinosaurs would also be better).

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on June 26, 2015, 12:36:59 AM

Hasbro is likely doing it intentionally, in the same manner that Marvel female heroes from most of the movies get left out or sidelined. They literally don't care about making female human toys, under the assumption that boys don't want them. They are of course wrong (Scarlet and Baroness were among the best GIJoe figures!) but they don't listen (or the dinosaurs would also be better).

It's going to be difficult bringing up my daughter in this world we live in. On the upside though, I honestly think things are improving, just not as quickly as we would like (or should be).

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: SBell on June 26, 2015, 12:36:59 AM

I cannot say for most of the lines of Marvel figures but this does not hold up against the current legends series that Marvel has been doing...they seem to choose six or seven characters to a set, and each contains a piece to make the master figure that is possible. I have seen at least two females in each set fairly consistently....HOWEVER, there also may be a point in that these figures feel more targeted to an older and more discriminating audience at 20 bucks a pop at least. Still they seem nice representations of characters like Black cat, Spider girl, Scarlet witch etc.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Shadowknight1

amargasaurus cazaui, I believe the Marvel thing has to do with the fact that Black Widow merchandise for Avengers: Age of Ultron was...lacking, to say the least.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

SBell

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 26, 2015, 03:15:07 AM
amargasaurus cazaui, I believe the Marvel thing has to do with the fact that Black Widow merchandise for Avengers: Age of Ultron was...lacking, to say the least.

That is, indeed, what I meant--how, exactly, are kids supposed to build their Avengers Team when they are missing both Black Widow and Scarlet Witch (Spoiler? I guess? It's been long enough)?

So we just don't bother.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: