News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LophoLeeVT

but for dinosaurus we can just peretend they are female
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Gwangi

Quote from: raptor64870 on June 26, 2015, 05:02:00 AM

We shouldn't have to pretend though, in the movie they are female. Because of that, they should be marketed as female by Hasbro. Of course we can ignore that marketing but that's not the point.

LophoLeeVT

then you should make people who are not in this forum realize it
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on June 26, 2015, 05:14:19 AM

We shouldn't have to pretend though, in the movie they are female. Because of that, they should be marketed as female by Hasbro. Of course we can ignore that marketing but that's not the point.

Now is that confirmed? I had heard that ones in Jurassic World were both male and female now. As evidenced by the two male Paras that were fighting i nthe background of one of gyrosphere scenes.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: SBell on June 26, 2015, 04:06:00 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 26, 2015, 03:15:07 AM
amargasaurus cazaui, I believe the Marvel thing has to do with the fact that Black Widow merchandise for Avengers: Age of Ultron was...lacking, to say the least.

That is, indeed, what I meant--how, exactly, are kids supposed to build their Avengers Team when they are missing both Black Widow and Scarlet Witch (Spoiler? I guess? It's been long enough)?

So we just don't bother.
But...the Black Widow figure is offered in both the smaller sized figures by Hasbro and the Legends series....I just did not care for either ...I am not sure where thats coming from?An ebay search would show the same thing......so I am unsure what the problem is here. I do admit that compared to the Hulk or Thor the females get far less dedicated merchandise for sure though. Same for scarlet witch...figures in both formats./..I even purchased the Legends series Scarlet.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 26, 2015, 06:45:41 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 26, 2015, 05:14:19 AM

Now is that confirmed? I had heard that ones in Jurassic World were both male and female now. As evidenced by the two male Paras that were fighting i nthe background of one of gyrosphere scenes.

There is also a stegosaurus in the background of a petting zoo scene with markings on its plates different from those seen on the Jungle river cruise, perhaps indicating a male.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Can't wait til we get a bluray release and get to more pics..it will be much easier to check out all these details..lol

Gwangi

All the articles concerning JW and sexism indicate that the dinosaurs are female. I'm going to see it again tomorrow, I'll keep an ear out.

CityRaptor

Quote from: SBell on June 25, 2015, 10:12:39 PM
It will go well with the complete lack of female human characters as figures.

Well, to be fair, all figures made so far are just generic ones.

I think the funniest solution to this genderbender dilemma would be that the toyline is actually set in an alternate Universe from the movie and everyone is the opposite sex!
Carl Dearing: So tell me one thing. Why is Blue named Blue when he is clearly grey?
Owena Grady: Because I was informed that he would turn blue once fully matured. That didn't happen. Now tell me why you are wearing high heels.
Carl Dearing: I lost a bet with Henriette Wu.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

I love being a star right now 'coz I'm getting so many free dinosaurs from family units and friends... aaahhh...

Only $20 was spent here on the big I.rex 'coz I found it in the middle of the city for half off.

Fukuiraptor

Are there two colours of the Ankylosaurus?

CityRaptor

The green one is Target Exclusive and part of a set including an I-Rex and Gyrosphere.
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: Gwangi on June 26, 2015, 07:01:37 PM
All the articles concerning JW and sexism indicate that the dinosaurs are female. I'm going to see it again tomorrow, I'll keep an ear out.

Alright, I just got back from seeing the film for my second time and while it never states if all the dinosaurs are female or not, all the character dinosaurs are indeed female. In fact, Hoskins is even corrected about the gender of one of the raptors when he mistakenly calls it a "he". The Indominus and Velociraptors are all referred to as females and naturally with the T. rex being the same one from JP, it too is a female.

LophoLeeVT

AHHHH the ankylo.......green one i maust have it where did you get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CityRaptor

To quote myself:

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 27, 2015, 01:33:45 PM
The green one is Target Exclusive and part of a set including an I-Rex and Gyrosphere.

Edit: Pics of the Stomp & Strike Rexy:
http://www.tesco.com/direct/jurassic-world-stomp-and-strike-tyrannosaurus-rex-figure/438-5980.prd#
The fact that they are only showing it from one side might not bode well.
Oh no

Shadowknight1

Maybe not, but it's a heck of a lot better than the other one from the looks of it.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

alexeratops

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on June 27, 2015, 11:02:15 AM
I love being a star right now 'coz I'm getting so many free dinosaurs from family units and friends... aaahhh...

Only $20 was spent here on the big I.rex 'coz I found it in the middle of the city for half off.
You're a star?  :o
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: alexeratops on July 02, 2015, 03:19:07 AM

You're a star?  :o

In the sense to his friends and family as the " dinosaur person" they all know.  I get the attention, just not the gifts anymore around here..lol

yankeetrex

Man, my family doesn't do that for me, and I was in the movie,lol. Lucky,haha.

SBell

All we want in our house is the Mosasaur set, but of course it has yet to show up in Canada...

It is on Amazon.ca for double the US price plus excessive postage....so noooopppe.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: