News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think the cup toppers are around 3-5" or so.  These guys may not be 1:40 but they should be 1:50 or bigger.  I'm reminded of this set :

Youtube review might help with scale : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfMzIJuU67w

Tyrannosauron

My guess is that any pack-in will have to be comparable in size to the Blu-ray box, so 1/50 sounds about right. I hope that the final product comes out better than that JP Trilogy gift set T. rex, though. The only reason I'm optimistic is that the trilogy gift set statue looks pretty close to the original promo art, so hopefully that will be the case this time, too.

Takama

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on June 18, 2015, 05:09:22 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 18, 2015, 04:59:03 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on June 18, 2015, 04:35:06 AM
Totally want that Special Edition Blu-ray set!!!! They look so well done! The price is still a bit steep. But maybe they will be at a fairly good scale size. I'm also hoping for 1/40!

Quote from: Takama on June 17, 2015, 05:47:19 AM
The set will cost $119

But you can preorder it on Amazon for $104

Being a Dino Collector, i am tempted to get this. To bad it wont come out until AFTER my Birthday in August

Takama and Blade.... I don't see any release date on the amazon page Blade posted. Am I missing it or did you see it elsewhere? Thanks!

I didn't see it either, just followed a link. It also says the pre-order price is 107.00 not 104.00?  There isn't mention of the figures or of any special features either.  Might wait until it says so to be 100% sure of what I'm getting.

Yeah, I'll definitely wait a bit since the news of this just came out. Just didn't want to wait too long in case it was coming out any time soon. But it sounds like Takama is thinking it will be after his b-day in August. So sounds like no immediate rush.

BTW, I just put that one you posted, Blade, in my amazon cart. That way I'll be notified if there are any updates to it. :)

Normally, movies that came out in June are released on Home Media in October or November. Thats how i figured it wont be out for my Birthday :(

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Takama on June 19, 2015, 06:48:34 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on June 18, 2015, 05:09:22 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 18, 2015, 04:59:03 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on June 18, 2015, 04:35:06 AM
Totally want that Special Edition Blu-ray set!!!! They look so well done! The price is still a bit steep. But maybe they will be at a fairly good scale size. I'm also hoping for 1/40!

Quote from: Takama on June 17, 2015, 05:47:19 AM
The set will cost $119

But you can preorder it on Amazon for $104

Being a Dino Collector, i am tempted to get this. To bad it wont come out until AFTER my Birthday in August

Takama and Blade.... I don't see any release date on the amazon page Blade posted. Am I missing it or did you see it elsewhere? Thanks!

I didn't see it either, just followed a link. It also says the pre-order price is 107.00 not 104.00?  There isn't mention of the figures or of any special features either.  Might wait until it says so to be 100% sure of what I'm getting.

Yeah, I'll definitely wait a bit since the news of this just came out. Just didn't want to wait too long in case it was coming out any time soon. But it sounds like Takama is thinking it will be after his b-day in August. So sounds like no immediate rush.

BTW, I just put that one you posted, Blade, in my amazon cart. That way I'll be notified if there are any updates to it. :)

Normally, movies that came out in June are released on Home Media in October or November. Thats how i figured it wont be out for my Birthday :(

Yeah, that makes sense. And late fall is then perfect timing for Xmas shoppers! So, instead of a b-day gift, it will be a Xmas gift.... for many of us! Hehe! ;)

I hope the two dinos are also removable. It almost looks like from the shadows under their feet, that they might not be glued down level with the base, and could just be peg inserts. And hopefully if there are pegs, they're coming up from the base, with the holes on the bottom of the dinos' feet. That way, of course, they would be able to stand on their own. ;D

Also just noticed that on amazon, even though this gift set states that it includes the Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD, it's listed as the "1-Disc Version". Huh? ???

Arul

CityRaptor

Woah! Best looking plush so far. Reminds me of the ones made for the first Jurassic Park.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Manatee

That's actually quite nice! If I collected plush creatures, I would probably get it.

Halichoeres

Yeah, gotta admit that looks pretty good. Might be the best toy Indominus there is, in fact. Surely it doesn't stand up on two legs like in the photo?

@Manatee, slap a coat of shellac on it and it won't be a plush anymore. ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Likely not. If it is anything like the old Velociraptor I have, it will need the tail for support.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

It is more like the first JP plushes using a scanned texture printed onto the fabric. Shame these are only available at the Universal parks.

EmperorDinobot

Sourced from Danish TRU site by some commenter on Facebook.

CityRaptor

Well, they finally have some claws, but also those stupid Dino Damage.  And Blue's gear looks just silly more like it will hinder her.
Oh no

Shadowknight1

None of the JW toys have the right colors...I mean, Blue has no blue on her, what gives?! *sigh*
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Sickle claws! Still not perfect, but I didn't expect any changes, including the ones which were made. Does this mean the titan raptors will have claws as well?

EDIT: I just noticed they were all repaints of Blue but with an articulated jaw.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dinomike

Those I-rexes are great! If anyone is planning to go to Universal Studios they might pick up a few and sell tgem here.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Yes i love the coloration from the plush. Good news for me jw hasbro is now in indonesia  :D will buy the minifigures first  :)

pylraster

That Blue with all that gear looks... really meh. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinomike on June 21, 2015, 03:41:38 PM
Those I-rexes are great! If anyone is planning to go to Universal Studios they might pick up a few and sell tgem here.

That's an idea. I looked on Uni's page to see if they would show up in their online store, but not so far.

I did see someone selling them for 45.00 each elsewhere online but I don't know if that was retail or they were really raising the price?

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

HunterKiller

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: