News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Being the best T. rex in the JW line is kind of like being the least foul-smelling pig in the barnyard.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

reinier zwanink

Where did you get it anyway?
So far i have not seen one here
Not even that "big boy"

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jetoar on July 22, 2015, 10:04:37 AM
Is it problem of the rubber or painting ?

Trying to find that out bud.

Quote from: Dinomike on July 22, 2015, 12:09:54 PM
Wow Blade! It broke already? :(

It's not mine, not even sure I want it anymore...but a JPToys forum member's. Seems a couple of the ones bought have these issues already after only 4 days.

Quote from: reinier zwanink on July 22, 2015, 02:18:06 PM
Where did you get it anyway?
So far i have not seen one here
Not even that "big boy"

They have been showing up at Targets..my closest one is still around 2 hours away.

yankeetrex

My S/S Rex is still in perfect order, so hopefully she stays that way

Victoria's Cantina

Guys, in your opinions, going by what's been released so far in the JW line and your own personal experiences with these toys, what would you say are the top three dinosaurs? I'm working on a video in which I'm trying to determine the best three toys. I'm not going exclusively by aesthetics, but also all-around play-ability, durability, and quality. The toys with the least amount of issues that are still fun, basically. I have my own personal top three that I will be revealing in the video, but I also wanted your feedback. Thanks!

suspsy

I would nominate the Ankylosaurus as one. It's inaccurate, it has that ugly, pointless, permanent wound, and it's ripping off Papo, but it is nevertheless the first proper ankylosaur toy in any JP line. And compared to most of the other Bashers, it's actually not that bad.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Paleona

Looking forward to the video, Victoria! 

If I had to choose 3... I'm ignoring scientific accuracy completely for this, since we all know it's not what JW is known for.

*"Bad Boy" Indominus Rex - I don't actually own this one, but from what I've seen in stores and online reviews it seems to have the most playability value.  Not to mention it's the largest and has electronic, light and moving features.  I feel like this one would have been the most fun to play with when I was a kid.  Plus, getting the largest JP toy of a line is sort of like a trophy.  :))

*Electronic Blue - I do own her!  I always enjoyed playing with the electronic raptors when I was a kid and I think I would have really liked Blue.  Her head sculpt in particular is pretty true to the movies, though the paint scheme is quite a bit darker.  I do think she is one of the best painted in the JW line, which isn't saying a whole lot, I suppose.  But the figure is in a fun pose and the sounds are right from the movie. :)

*Either the Bashers and Biters Allosaurus or Pachycephalosaurus.  Both of these seem like fun toys and I think they could withstand some rough play.  They're bright and colorful to attract kids, and the action features give a lot of room for imagination.

Honorable mention: The "titan" Charlie.  I just really like this figure!  The raptors are what I always gravitate towards for JP toys, and Charlie's head and pose feel the most like 'Jurassic Park' to me.  Of course, she is missing her sickle claws, and mine came with warped legs so she can't even stand on her own. :(  I really love the figure, but it is pretty cheaply made.

Dinomike

My list would include I.rex vs the Gyrosphere set figure, the large I.rex as it's relatively well made and maybe either the Ankylosaurus or Blue.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

DinoLord

The only JW figure I'd consider buying is the mosasaur, but I haven't come across it yet. I consider it and the I. rex toys to be the only somewhat decent figures from the JW line.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Bad Boy ( mostly due to size and playability, the I-Rex VS Gyro has the best I-Rex figure)
Blue ( prob the best Raptor figure of those made, it's hard to beat a good Raptor, though the Dilo comes really close)
Ankylosaurus ( Just looks sturdy and has nice paint/detail. Prob the best of the Basher/Biters. )

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Victoria B on July 24, 2015, 08:59:31 PM
Guys, in your opinions, going by what's been released so far in the JW line and your own personal experiences with these toys, what would you say are the top three dinosaurs? I'm working on a video in which I'm trying to determine the best three toys. I'm not going exclusively by aesthetics, but also all-around play-ability, durability, and quality. The toys with the least amount of issues that are still fun, basically. I have my own personal top three that I will be revealing in the video, but I also wanted your feedback. Thanks!

Dilophosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Followed by the others in the following order:
Blue
Pachycephalosaurus
Nasutostegoceratops
I. rex with Gyrosphere (and Ankylosaurus repaint, the Target exclusive)
Chomping T.rex
S&S T.rex
B&B rex
B&B Spinosaurus
Dimorphodon
Pteranodon with helicopter
The Fence set
Bad Boy Indominus rex

The Bad Boy is a piece of garbage who just can't stand up. That's what I hate most about it.

Shadowknight1

Just going on looks, if I bought three of this line, it would be the I-rex vs Gyrosphere(which I do have), the Mosasaurus, and the Allosaurus.  Allosaurus has kind of won me over.  It's still crap compared to the previous toys of this dinosaur, but it's not as horrible as I thought.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

So I broke down and bought a S&S ...can't say I'm super impressed but I told myself if these are recalled I might wanna have one just in case rare syndrome kicks in. Observations. It's staying in the box, you can work just about all the play features without taking it out. The rubber on the neck does seem to not hold paint very well at all. I'm not touching those tiny arms at all. IN the upwards pose/roaring, the head needs a little push to go to the side and have the mouth open more..guessing the mechanism isn't the strongest. This was the best of the ones they had.

Victoria's Cantina

Thank you all for your feedback!

So, from the responses I've received so far, it seems that most agree that the Bashers & Biters Ankylosaurus is one of the better items in the JW mainline. For Growlers, all but the Dimorphodon have been mentioned. And for the "showdowns" or whatever the vs. assortment is officially known as, the Indominus rex vs. gyrosphere is perhaps regarded as being better than the Mosasaurus or Pteranodon sets. And for large dinosaurs, the I-Rex is again on top.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victoria B on July 26, 2015, 06:39:05 AM
Thank you all for your feedback!

So, from the responses I've received so far, it seems that most agree that the Bashers & Biters Ankylosaurus is one of the better items in the JW mainline. For Growlers, all but the Dimorphodon have been mentioned. And for the "showdowns" or whatever the vs. assortment is officially known as, the Indominus rex vs. gyrosphere is perhaps regarded as being better than the Mosasaurus or Pteranodon sets. And for large dinosaurs, the I-Rex is again on top.

Sounds right to me.

LophoLeeVT

dont for got dilopho saurus this time it atually spits............plastic but whatta you expect? acid !!!!!!!!!!
hahahaha
and the nasutgosaurus just better for me than saying stegoceratops or nasutostegoceratops,
just tooooooooooooo long
sorry for the long comment
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not an official JW toy, heck might not even be mass produced, could be a custom..all I know is I would buy one despite the goofy Godzilla roars. Still so much better than Hasbro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EtoVJUYbeZ4

Arul

Hello guys i want to ask, are the minifigure (mosa and pterosaur) in the right scale ? In real life. Thanks  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ARUL on July 30, 2015, 01:42:05 PM
Hello guys i want to ask, are the minifigure (mosa and pterosaur) in the right scale ? In real life. Thanks  :)

I'm not sure what you mean? Were Mosasaurs and pterosaurs 3" in real life?

Halichoeres

Maybe he means to scale with each other? In which case, definitely not--Mosasaurus should be 2-3 times longer than Pteranodon's wingspan.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: