News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinier zwanink

That looks nice at first look
I wonder what color it will end up

Dobber

I like it!  I didn't think I would want this one.....but I may change my mind. I'm curious what people that know more about this species think as Pterosaur's aren't really my thing. :-[

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Nebuloid

First thing I thought was, Tim Burton ! Straight out of Edward Scissorhands...

Shonisaurus

At first glance you can not fully analyze and I see very diffuse.

By the way their jaws are articulated?

DinoLord

From what I can tell it looks quite good accuracy-wise, though further shots will reveal if details such as membrane attachment are correct. If the color scheme is nice I feel this will be Rebor's strongest product yet.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on June 25, 2015, 01:41:27 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 25, 2015, 01:38:46 PM
but it has a better looking head than the Jurassic World critter.

Well, that was not so difficult to achieve.
I think its main competitor is the Wild Safari's one.

My thoughts exactly, there are very few Dimorphodon replicas out there but Wild Safari has the best so far. I've actually pointed it out to JP fans over the JW toy..and the WS is cheaper. lol

This Dimorphodon looks good to me, it's not flying so that's different, if the eye were a different color other than black ( and it might be) that would be much better. The WS piece has some character, you can see it. I would like this one to show the same/similar.

Arul

Very cool, that piece of log make it looks alive cant wait to see the coloration. After acro color reveal will REBOR still continue the tradition ? Reveal the black shadow from the next figure hehehe you know in last months rebor already reveal a lot of surprising thing  :D

Dobber

I'm really liking this more and more, and I also glad to here it is looking accurate too. I hope the color is nice and not dull like the JW Dimorphodon is. Maybe something colorful on the snout. I also like the log.  ;)

Making me relay excited to see the Mosasaurus.  :D

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Color can always be changed..one of my favorite mottos. ;)

Patrx

It's become a a bit of a trend to make Dimorphodon resemble a puffin. I wonder if REBOR will do so?
So far, this model does look surprisingly good, though from this angle it looks like it might have the same detached-looking jaw problem as the earlier "Utahraptor". I personally like the black eyes; lots of small animals have eyes that look black, and it's certainly an improvement over stylized, "demonic"-looking eyes.

postsaurischian

John

I must say that the Dimorphodon sculpt is very impressive,well done!I hope to see this line continue to go in this direction.  ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Gwangi

IMO this is their best work yet, great job on this guy REBOR. I'm no pterosaur expert but from what I can tell, it looks mostly accurate.

stargatedalek

The toes on the hind feet look a little uniform to me, but even if that's not just me that's entirely ignorable. If it really does end up being puffin coloured than you guys might as well start counting my  money now ;)

Gwangi

Something like this wouldn't bother me.

Dinomike

Very cool! I might end up getting that one...poo wallet, though!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

But unfortunately the dimorphodon is made of PVC material and its base is polyresina. So I suppose it's sensible to tears by a mere fall.

Unfortunately it is a beautiful figure but has such a negative thing.

stargatedalek

I should think PVC is a lot more durable than polyresin, and personally I'm very glad it will be done in PVC.

Simon

Quote from: Gwangi on June 25, 2015, 10:16:48 PM
Something like this wouldn't bother me.

That would be wicked.  Hopefully they have the cojones to "step outside the box" of fuzzy brown or grey pterosaurs!

Gwangi

Quote from: Simon on June 26, 2015, 12:01:34 AM
That would be wicked.  Hopefully they have the cojones to "step outside the box" of fuzzy brown or grey pterosaurs!

Speaking of fuzzy, I'm just glad to see that it is!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: