News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 26, 2015, 10:32:37 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 26, 2015, 09:42:26 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 26, 2015, 09:17:33 PM
Now that may not be entirely true...I recall reading last year I think that they had found some grasses in Cretaceous deposits?

I don't remember the exact details but yes, I recall reading the same. There were grasses at least in the late Cretaceous.

From what I gather by your words that exist in the grass and the Cretaceous what was in the BBC series "Walking with Beast" is science fiction. You could not expect anything else.

The BBC documentary is quite old and I believe this was a recent discovery. Besides, documentaries get things wrong all the time. Like the gigantic Lioplurodon in "Walking With Dinosaurs". Not the best source for information honestly.

Arul

Quote from: ARUL on June 26, 2015, 05:45:16 PM
Base for the acro, the wasteland...

Hehe maybe my word isnt the right word REBOR confirm on fb its some kind of lake bed/dried river. What make me thing its a wasteland because rebor also post some kind of lyric of the song maybe ? And its sounds like a wasteland theme hehehe  :P

Yutyrannus

Now that may not be entirely true...I recall reading last year I think that they had found some grasses in Cretaceous deposits?

I don't remember the exact details but yes, I recall reading the same. There were grasses at least in the late Cretaceous.
Indeed, in India if I recall correctly.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Simon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on June 26, 2015, 11:49:54 PM

Indeed, in India if I recall correctly.

Recently the earliest grass date has been pushed back to 100MYA, based on fossils found in Myanmar (Burma):

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/100-million-year-old-fossil-earliest-grass-linked-dinosaurs-that-feasted-lsd-producing-fungus-1487444

amargasaurus cazaui

For me it seems obvious exactly what Rebor is shooting for here..they arent trying to model Oklahoma..they are creating the Glen Rose Paluxy river trackway scene...complete with a soon to be released sauropod being tracked by the Acro.....hence why a riverbed that is dried was used. That is my guess......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Shadowknight1

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 27, 2015, 04:14:48 AM
For me it seems obvious exactly what Rebor is shooting for here..they arent trying to model Oklahoma..they are creating the Glen Rose Paluxy river trackway scene...complete with a soon to be released sauropod being tracked by the Acro.....hence why a riverbed that is dried was used. That is my guess......
You may be onto something!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

joossa

Reminds me a whole lot of my Sideshow Carnotaurus' base:

It even matches Sideshow's description for the Carnotaurus Maquette:

QuoteAs the day comes to a close, the Carnotaurus has yet to find sustenance. With the sun setting, the young bull becomes agitated and wrestles in his hunt. Sensing movement in the distance, the Carnotaurus stalks warily forward, prepared either to fight or to devour. As he closes in on the rustling in the underbrush, the towering 7-meter carnivore crouches low to the ground. He comes to the clearing of a dried riverbed, and there on the other side is his feast. Springing from his cover in the fallen trees, the Carnotaurus sets out in a thundering run and lunges downward, his heavy jaw capturing the stunned prey and satisfy the ravenous animal.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Cracked soil only happen in dry lake/riverbed right ?

Shonisaurus

From what I heard on the facebook page Rebor the dimorphodon have hinged jaws. For me good news.

joossa

Quote from: ARUL on June 27, 2015, 11:54:44 AM
Not necessarily. It can happen in arid regions with clay/mostly clay soil after periods of rain as the moisture evaporates from the soil, causing the cracking effect.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tanystropheus

I've been away from my comp for the past few days...I'm pleasantly surprised by the Dimorphodon reveal. It is so full of character  :)) Very artistic, accurate, as far as I can tell. I'm a huge Pterosaur/Ceratopsian/Marine Reptile fan....this is a piece that I want in the center of my room. It looks organic ...like a living breathing, animal. I bet if I leave it out in my yard, someone will report a living pterosaur/'cryptid' sighting!!  :o ;)....it looks that real! :)...Excellent work REBOR. My highest recommendation. I can't wait to see the colors. All the colors have been great so far and I doubt I will be disappointed.

:)

tanystropheus

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 26, 2015, 07:07:58 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 25, 2015, 11:11:54 PM
But unfortunately the dimorphodon is made of PVC material and its base is polyresina. So I suppose it's sensible to tears by a mere fall.

Unfortunately it is a beautiful figure but has such a negative thing.

Oh man ... . To preserve the model against breaking IS the reason why they are using PVC.

Completely agree. PVC is durable with excellent tensile strength.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 28, 2015, 12:21:32 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on June 26, 2015, 07:07:58 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 25, 2015, 11:11:54 PM
But unfortunately the dimorphodon is made of PVC material and its base is polyresina. So I suppose it's sensible to tears by a mere fall.

Unfortunately it is a beautiful figure but has such a negative thing.

Oh man ... . To preserve the model against breaking IS the reason why they are using PVC.

Completely agree. PVC is durable with excellent tensile strength.

First of all I apologize to the forum and the excellent company of luxury Rebor dinosaurs. I acknowledge that despite my age a beginner and I have misinformed by Internet search engine pages.

I've already figured that if the jaw is articulated dimorphodon ... that means that it is malleable and resistant material. So what I said related PVC is due to my ignorance and most importantly my inexperience.

indominus rex

I love that Rebor is making a Mosasaur and I can't wait for the reveal of it and I hope that the next sea reptile that they do is a liopleurodon, especially if it looks like the Walking with Dinosaurs version, any thoughts or opinions on this.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: indominus rex on June 28, 2015, 01:18:24 AM
I love that Rebor is making a Mosasaur and I can't wait for the reveal of it and I hope that the next sea reptile that they do is a liopleurodon, especially if it looks like the Walking with Dinosaurs version, any thoughts or opinions on this.
The WWD Liopleurodon is outdated. Here is a more accurate Liopleurodon:

indominus rex

Quote from: Yutyrannus on June 28, 2015, 01:37:35 AM

Yeah I forgot that the WWD version was outdated when I posted this and truth be told I actually like the accurate version alot more but I also like the WWD version since I grew up watching WWD and seeing the liopleurodon in the show always amazed me.

Victoria's Cantina

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and have a question about the REBOR Utahraptor. This is my first dinosaur from REBOR, and as seems to be a pretty common issue, it's severely sagging forward. The right arm is also quite loose and has fallen off once. Is there any sort of fix for the sagging? I love the sculpt work and detail of the figure but I'm kind of disappointed with the sagging.

EDIT: I just noticed the Utahraptor thread and will post this over there. :)

Arul

Quote from: joossa on June 27, 2015, 07:09:32 PM
Quote from: ARUL on June 27, 2015, 11:54:44 AM
Not necessarily. It can happen in arid regions with clay/mostly clay soil after periods of rain as the moisture evaporates from the soil, causing the cracking effect.

Emm yes thats what i actually means just cant say it in english lol

Arul

Ohh so collecta and safari liopleurodon is outdated too ?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: ARUL on June 28, 2015, 05:45:55 AM

Ohh so collecta and safari liopleurodon is outdated too ?
The Collecta is yes, but the Safari is actually quite accurate (not sure about the skin texture though), however it is missing a tail fin.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: