News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuqsaurus

I never really liked REBOR, I mostly ignored them until now. But this is just insane. What kind of company are you when you treat people like that?

Shonisaurus

I left a long time ago facebook and my personal experience is not very good. It is a medium in which the private lives of people gossip.

There is no privacy in these pages, as with twitter. Even just an opinion in my case illustrates mine think what happens in facebook pages as Rebor.

Rain

Amidst this childish little internet fight, REBOR sorta teased something ...

stargatedalek

I almost hope it's bad so I don't feel tempted to buy it. Or they could be outright lying or even trying to goad him into a response, which is not completely unlike them.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Rain on September 18, 2016, 10:46:38 PM

The last post almost makes it seem as if Austin Wood is the one chasing REBOR...
Well, I hope REBOR makes everyone happy by delivering the definitive feathered T-rex that we are all waiting for...
But then again, where the heck is the Mosasaurus, Feathered Y-rex, Brachiosaurus, Psittacosaurus and Quetzalcoatlus sets...

The Atroxious

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 18, 2016, 11:49:23 PM

The last post almost makes it seem as if Austin Wood is the one chasing REBOR...
Well, I hope REBOR makes everyone happy by delivering the definitive feathered T-rex that we are all waiting for...
But then again, where the heck is the Mosasaurus, Feathered Y-rex, Brachiosaurus, Psittacosaurus and Quetzalcoatlus sets...

I personally felt that Austin Wood was baiting them from the beginning. I got the impression that he wanted something from them, hence why I thought he was a troll. Moreover, with Rebor's track record of losing their temper over criticism, why else use every criticism in the book against them?

That said, Tyrannosaurus, feathered or otherwise really isn't my thing. I just wish they'd give their Deinonychus proper feathers on their arms rather than just scratches in the clay. If they want to do scaly dinosaurs, fine. If they want to do feathered dinosaurs, I wish they'd learn how to sculpt feathers first.

suspsy

Please. They're obviously just screwing around with the poor kid, ad nauseum. If you believe them, then I just picked up a new wave of Battat reissues during a shopping trip to the States today. And I'm looking to give them away.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Rain

Quote from: suspsy on September 19, 2016, 03:14:41 AM

Please. They're obviously just screwing around with the poor kid, ad nauseum. If you believe them, then I just picked up a new wave of Battat reissues during a shopping trip to the States today. And I'm looking to give them away.

I disagree. What reason do you have to not believe them other than "They're REBOR" ? They already have a scaly JP rex, do you really think they'd make the same figure twice ? A feathered rex would bring in a lot of money right now, which REBOR has probably noted.

suspsy

Quote from: Rain on September 19, 2016, 12:30:25 PM

I disagree. What reason do you have to not believe them other than "They're REBOR" ?

That's all the reason I need right there.

tyrantqueen

I wouldn't rule out them creating a feathered rex (they made feathered raptors after all) but if it's anything like their Yutyrannus or Utahraptor, I wouldn't be interested at all. And I definitely don't think they'd make one just because that kid asked them. They'd be doing it if it suited their own fancy.

Rain

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 19, 2016, 01:59:41 PM
I wouldn't rule out them creating a feathered rex (they made feathered raptors after all) but if it's anything like their Yutyrannus or Utahraptor, I wouldn't be interested at all. And I definitely don't think they'd make one just because that kid asked them. They'd be doing it if it suited their own fancy.

Yeah, that's what I meant. It isn't to please a kid, it's to make money.

Quote from: suspsy on September 19, 2016, 01:42:04 PM

I disagree. What reason do you have to not believe them other than "They're REBOR" ?

It'd be rather silly to assume they WOULDN'T make one. Considering their main (and only) focus seems to be money, they have no reason not to make one.

pylraster

Well, true or not, at least it ended the conversation between rebor and the kid.

suspsy

Quote from: Rain on September 19, 2016, 02:11:06 PM
It'd be rather silly to assume they WOULDN'T make one. Considering their main (and only) focus seems to be money, they have no reason not to make one.

If they make an official announcement about it, that will be something altogether different. Until then, I'm not about to believe anything they claim in a thread that they created solely for the purpose of baiting an angry teenager. And nor should you.

sauroid

Matthew Scott Kennedy and Austin Wood are my facebook friends and ive been following this REBOR drama and i didnt realize this is being discussed in the DTF LOL (i rarely ifever venture into this section of the forum)

Quote from: pylraster on September 18, 2016, 12:57:29 PM
Just think of REBOR as WWE heels. Comically hilarious bad guys. Well, their products are still good. I'll keep buying from them regardless of how they act.
dude would be cool to see your REBOR collection in the forum tho.  :) (pics pls)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

I hallucinate with Rebor owners. Not have the maturity to take over criticism and insult people seem to sell products that are given away or that we buy their products do them a favor.

It is not good or fair treatment they give to their clients. I sympathize with those who verbally assaulted by that company.

tanystropheus

An objectively neutral assessment, I presume.

suspsy

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 19, 2016, 11:27:52 PM

First it was accusing me of "filling in the gaps by reading between the lines"; now it's passive-aggressive redundancy.

Know what? You go right on defending REBOR'S schoolyard bullying as much as you want. I'm done here.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 12:05:52 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on September 19, 2016, 11:27:52 PM

First it was accusing me of "filling in the gaps by reading between the lines"; now it's passive-aggressive redundancy.

Know what? You go right on defending REBOR'S schoolyard bullying as much as you want. I'm done here.

Bullying is bad, and REBOR should stop. On a side note, I'm not sure how the topic of bullying has anything to do with REBOR's potential for releasing a feathered Rex. As stated earlier, REBOR goes where the money goes. If feathered T-rex become fashionable (and there is evidence of market opportunity) they will release it.

The Atroxious

I wouldn't even call what Rebor was doing "bullying". Austin Wood baited them, Rebor posted some mildly snarky but otherwise inoffensive comebacks, Austin Wood kept on screaming insults at them, and he finally said he'd leave them alone if they made a toy he wanted. He was using a tactic well known to spoiled children across the world, to scream and kick up a fuss until mommy or daddy give in to your demands. In Rebor's defense, they never cursed at or called the kid names. Sure, maybe there were more professional ways of handling the situation, but at the same time, Rebor does seem to be handling criticism better than they did in the past. Rome wasn't built in a day, and a bunch of young guys who sculpt dinosaurs don't learn how to run a company smoothly in a day either. At least it looks like they're trying to be less offensive.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: