News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

It's a rather "clean" Komodo... the Dragon is usually more gruesome and nasty than that...

mgaguilar

Oh my goodness, if the production model is even a half as clean as that, it'll look amazing.
Can't wait to see the Spinosaurus and "scientifically accurate" Tyrannosaurus!

Shonisaurus

avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar I am also waiting for the scientifically accurate Rebor tyrannosaurus and spinosaurus. I hope they are as artistically bright as the Komodo dragon.

Halichoeres

I have to say that's a really nice looking figure. I'd probably buy it if I were an extant collector.

Quote from: Over9K on August 15, 2019, 05:30:09 AM
It's a rather "clean" Komodo... the Dragon is usually more gruesome and nasty than that...

Maybe it just shed :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Atokensis

The colors for Stegosaurus looks good, can't wait to see clear and official images. May pick it up since I'm lacking a detailed Stegosaur model and never have been a fan of papo's Stegosaurus sculpt.

Ceratopsianking

Rebor just showed off new pics of the GnG Spinosaurus and T-Rex, they are really cool

Fenestra

Of all the Spinosaurus that I've seen this year, none of them really appealed to me.
I hope this will be the Spinosaurus for me.
I want to have one Dachshund Spino in my collection as well.  ;D
And I really like the T-Rex too. Oh my....

Syndicate Bias

Read their main post about them. I saw Rebor say that their JP Spino was cancelled. I wonder when their G&G figures will be out

Andanna

I am just returning from the T. Rex exhibition at the American Museum of Natural History. I recommend museum and the temporary exhibit.  I might post some pictures later.

The exhibit clearly postulates that even the older T. Rex's had feathers.  Hence:  why don't we see a model of a feathered T. Rex?  Is it technically too daunting?

I am aware of the Schleich or Pappo one.  Just not my cup of tea.

Silvanusaurus

This is looking like the best quadrupedal Spinosaurus figure for me, chunky naturalistic aesthetic without the weird disjointed posture of the papo. I'll be interested in getting the T rex too, if the colour schemes are as appealing as the sculpts.

KeU

Wow, really tempting.
The pair might end up being my 1st Rebor figures.
Why the differentiation for the G&G line?

DerbesSchuhwerk

I really dig the Rex. I think, this is also going to be my first Rebor figure.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Andanna on August 31, 2019, 08:52:51 PM
The exhibit clearly postulates that even the older T. Rex's had feathers.

There's still no real evidence that Tyrannosaurus had "feathers".
  It's still just a theory in which the museum's curator obviously believes. That's okay! I don't but will when we finally have proof.

Quote from: Andanna on August 31, 2019, 08:52:51 PM
....... why don't we see a model of a feathered T. Rex?  Is it technically too daunting?

I am aware of the Schleich or Pappo one.  Just not my cup of tea.

If I'm not mistaken there's no feathered Tyrannosaurus by Papo.
  But we have one from CollectA and one from Wild Safari. Both aren't bad.
  There are also feathered T. rex figures by Favorite and Kaiyodo and resin models by lots of Chinese sculptors.

Quote from: KeU on September 02, 2019, 02:27:04 PM
Why the differentiation for the G&G line?

The G&G line is more scientifically orientated, the figures have no bases, the figures will be cheaper than REBOR's standard models.

Shadowknight1

Hm.  If they cancelled the movie inspired Spinosaurus, which was supposedly part of their regular line...could we be seeing the end of the original regular line soon and a transition to these new cheaper vinyl dinosaurs?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

mgaguilar

They also cancelled the "pvc version" of the Deinosuchus, which means it may be coming to Grab 'N Go.
Can be found in the comments in the post lower down on facebook.

Syndicate Bias

oh so the stygy also got cancelled I'm assuming

ZoPteryx

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 02, 2019, 09:36:01 PM
They also cancelled the "pvc version" of the Deinosuchus, which means it may be coming to Grab 'N Go.

And the Sarcosuchus too I'm assuming?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ZoPteryx on September 03, 2019, 05:20:02 AM
Quote from: mgaguilar on September 02, 2019, 09:36:01 PM

And the Sarcosuchus too I'm assuming?

avatar_ZoPteryx @ZoPteryx Both the deinosuchus and the sarcosuchus of Rebor PVC version are canceled and will be carried out as reported by the company Rebor in vinyl format therefore in Grab 'N Go format

Rain

Wow, I'm really digging that rex. I would've gladly paid full price for a pvc version of it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: