News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 22, 2019, 04:07:18 AM
I wasn't tempted by their Spinosaurus before, but if that's going to be a base that it comes with, I might just get it.

Agreed. This just might be comparable to a resin diorama I can't wait!

Shadowknight1

So REBOR got some backlash on Facebook for that dead T-rex.  A lot of posts along the lines of "Oh god, another T-rex, where's everything else?" and REBOR actually replied with a fairly lengthy post.  The tl;dr of it is that it takes a long time from when they show the initial 3D model to the final product.  While it may take a month for the initial sculpt, getting the final product can take them longer, and they specifically mentioned the difficulties in getting the Titanoboa right and in making sure there were no seam lines in their Grab 'n' Go products.  You can read the full post here on Facebook.  =68.ARCAinK5BICiBpp7To0kTstFrz6QYo6fmFCZ_aImFRG9ksJyUDuaek7lZgkAX2yZ4KEb_OGvZpIYJFEkRb3khHRIlofXxswKwPR5eQxc-6QTs_Pz3WPQlCPDjwIEMUY7I8PQHJAvSU1qfLEFGmOcb-aYIjHI7kMUJD39ce9iJXFE1L4k7VaVUOtv5bpmknv9JYJOrvwLH8aNmm_8A01LU8IruGlZVQKtUYOlAuz6nz-OhLRK72jUtq8LWgFv7toe6dxtu0xMMV8UEL_1YuQW8_LUMMcEPLKKV3H1Lwc4HS3cFQN7hWOQzpcTZzbWapIPgOtL7xivC2AA4Np57UCaD_nbeg&__tn__=-R]https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/posts/2177587499034913?__xts__[0]=68.ARCAinK5BICiBpp7To0kTstFrz6QYo6fmFCZ_aImFRG9ksJyUDuaek7lZgkAX2yZ4KEb_OGvZpIYJFEkRb3khHRIlofXxswKwPR5eQxc-6QTs_Pz3WPQlCPDjwIEMUY7I8PQHJAvSU1qfLEFGmOcb-aYIjHI7kMUJD39ce9iJXFE1L4k7VaVUOtv5bpmknv9JYJOrvwLH8aNmm_8A01LU8IruGlZVQKtUYOlAuz6nz-OhLRK72jUtq8LWgFv7toe6dxtu0xMMV8UEL_1YuQW8_LUMMcEPLKKV3H1Lwc4HS3cFQN7hWOQzpcTZzbWapIPgOtL7xivC2AA4Np57UCaD_nbeg&__tn__=-R

Now, they did do something rather cool and shared some teases of the Stegosaurus and the bases.  The Stegos are blurry, but you can get a good sense for their color schemes and, if you ask my opinion, I think they look fantastic.

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Takama

I honestly was hopeing that they were done with the Bases. Or at least give an option to buy the Dinosaur on its own. Those Stegos look fantastic.

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO If you see this. Would you consider doing this?   At least for newer Products?

stargatedalek

I would probably buy a lot of their bases if they were sold separately as accessories.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 23, 2019, 02:18:39 AM
I would probably buy a lot of their bases if they were sold separately as accessories.
I agree!  They recently showed that the Dilo bases can connect and serve as a base for the Killer Queen rex.  I'm sitting here thinking "Wow, that would be nice, but I don't want two JP style Dilos to do it.

Shonisaurus

The three blurred Rebor stegosaurus gives me the impression that they are very good figures comparable to the PNSO stegosaurus for an example and by the way the second green color stegosaurus of Rebor reminds me of his PNSO counterpart and sincerely the one I like the most It is the reddish stegosaurus of Rebor (wine or vermilion color). We have gone from a relative drought of novelties of Rebor to an explosion of new figures, dilophosaurus and now stegosaurus and with three different bases. Rebor is a great company and I hope he reveals these three figures soon.

Georassic

ditto!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Georassic on July 23, 2019, 03:02:49 PM
ditto!

Excellent idea, and there is a real need for bases (removable). I would love to see that, especially if they get fancy w magic water and stuff.

Faelrin

Man I'd love to get some of their bases separately too (although of course I still wish I had the funds to get many of these too). Easily some of the best on the market. The Ceratosaurus one in particular is quite possibly my favorite (from what I've seen of it anyways), and speaking about that, looks like one of the Stegosaurus bases shown above will go well with it (which I was waiting years hoping it would). Looks like there is a Stegosaurus with a color scheme to match the baby Melon too (another thing I've been hoping for).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dino Scream3232

I agree with avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin. There Ceratosaurus base is definitely their best. The water feature and logs are extremely well done. I'm glad they are going back to the bases. I like detachable bases for my dinos. I said in my review that I wish Rebor would sell the dilo bases separately. Especially with the standing issues with the Queens. The Rex does look great on the dilo bases. Hopefully that will be an option in the future if there's a demand for it.

ceratopsian

I too would probably buy bases if sold separately.

Killekor

I'm curious to see how the final Stegosaurus will look like. For now it looks great!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

I prefer the red-colored or wine-colored Rebor stegosaurus as I call it.

Andreioli

REBOR posted a photo of the first GRAB N GO model, the huge 1:6 50 cm long Komodo Dragon:

Looks amazing  ;D

postsaurischian

It seems as if REBOR's "GRAB N GO" series is the one for me to collect.
  No.01 is surely a must-have. Wonderful surprise! How good REBOR can be when they make realistic animals.
  Finally they're exploiting their full potential :D .

stargatedalek

I'm practically salivating! That size, truly something to look forward to.

Shadowknight1

As someone who doesn't keep up on extant reptiles, is that a good representation of the komodo dragon?

PhilSauria

As someone very interested in Varanid lizards at one stage - yes that is a very good Dragon model, and one that I'll be putting down my money for.

Could possible double as Megalania if one wanted to display it with the prehistoric figures in your collection.

ZoPteryx

It's a nice start.  Rebor's style of sculpting scales works well for a Komodo Dragon.  Still, I'd rather see a return to those two crocodylimorphs they'd teased.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: