News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I like all the paint variants of Spinosaurus of Rebor honestly all are beautiful. Hopefully Rebor will soon market these figures along with his titanoboa.

Duna

I think Papo's has a better sail, but the head and teeth are much better done in the Rebor. So there is no perfect spino for me, but the Rebor takes the first place.

Over9K

FEDEX DRIVER: "I can safely say I've never delivered one of those before."  *points at box from Everything Dinosaur*

OVER9K: "Neither have I, but we're gonna try."

FEDEX DRIVER:  :o

Over9K

I just unboxed the Grab'n'Go Komodo, and WOW!

The seams are near invisible, the detail is fantastic, and the head sculpt is perfect. This makes me extremely excited to see the G'N'G Rex and Spino!

Patrx

Loon

Whatever happened to that Dunkleosteus wet thing they were making?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Loon on December 10, 2019, 06:09:38 AM
The Dunkleosteus was a normal figure, unless there were two different things.

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 10, 2019, 03:10:51 PM
Quote from: Loon on December 10, 2019, 06:09:38 AM
The Dunkleosteus was a normal figure, unless there were two different things.
No, you're right. I don't know why I thought it was wet specimen like the foetus models.

Here's a suggestion: If Rebor likes to mix pop culture and Dinosaurs so much, why not make figures of some of the earliest pop culture Dinosaurs, the Crystal Palace models? I would love to see decently sized replicas of these. Also, since Rebor isn't afraid of including features in their figures, I would like to have the option to open the Iguanodon and have sculpted dinner party inside. This could be comparable with maybe 1:40 scale human figurines.

Over9K

Since I was a kid I've wanted Crystal Palace replicas, and Charles R. Knight replicas, and replicas of the Sinclair Dinoland life-size dinosaurs...

After the World's Fair, and the Touring Dinoland shows, many of the dinosaurs ended up as museum exhibits or roadside attractions. I grew up with the Tyrannosaurus in Boston's Museum Of Science.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Can't lie, I'd be good with any/all of those.

Syndicate Bias

Grab N Go Giganotosaurus anyone?   :'(

Concavenator

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 12, 2019, 06:59:05 PM

I think someone is disappointed with the new Papo Giga    ::)

You have Eofauna's and PNSO's versions already, don't you? I don't think any Giganotosaurus model can get any better than those two, to be honest

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Concavenator on December 12, 2019, 07:07:14 PM

You have Eofauna's and PNSO's versions already, don't you? I don't think any Giganotosaurus model can get any better than those two, to be honest

Not gonna lie the best one imo is the Mo Models Resin Kit which I'm buying after the holidays. It speaks to me just as much as Eofauna and PNSO but one can never have too many Gigas

Loon

No chance on Earth the Papo was going to be better than the Eofauna or PNSO. I don't even like the PNSO one that much.

Concavenator

QuoteNo chance on Earth the Papo was going to be better than the Eofauna or PNSO.

Fully agree. To be honest, I thought that, if Papo came to do a Giganotosaurus , it would of course be worse than those two. I also thought it would look awkward, based on their Acrocanthosaurus. Although I prefer the Acro to this new Giga by a long shot.

Syndicate Bias

I prefer that avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Grab&Go Giga that we are getting in the future   ;)

Loon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 12, 2019, 07:28:06 PM
I prefer that avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Grab&Go Giga that we are getting in the future   ;)
That sounds incredibly boring. It's already bad enough their doing 2 of the most over done species to start off with. I'd much rather them make figures which lack decent representation, which the Giganotosaurus does not.

Shonisaurus

I hope Rebor makes a decent and well sculpted giganotosaurus. Honestly, the best giganotosaurus on the market is by far the Eofauna is totally accurate from the scientific point of view, has a realistic posture and has an elegant painting.

The PNSO giganotosaurus is good if it did not have stability problems (mine does not have it for good fortune) but its articulated jaws are given of itself, on the other hand it is not as well finished as the Eofauna giganotosaurus, nor is it as proportionate.

Fenestra

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 12, 2019, 08:35:35 PM

I hope Rebor makes a decent and well sculpted giganotosaurus. Honestly, the best giganotosaurus on the market is by far the Eofauna is totally accurate from the scientific point of view, has a realistic posture and has an elegant painting.

The PNSO giganotosaurus is good if it did not have stability problems (mine does not have it for good fortune) but its articulated jaws are given of itself, on the other hand it is not as well finished as the Eofauna giganotosaurus, nor is it as proportionate.

The Safari ltd. Giganotosaurus is pretty good IMO as well.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Fenestra on December 12, 2019, 08:48:35 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 12, 2019, 08:35:35 PM

The Safari ltd. Giganotosaurus is pretty good IMO as well.

Of course, avatar_Fenestra @Fenestra is on par with genius with Eofauna and sincerely very much its fixed base and the only thing that I may not like about the Safari giganotosaurus is its touch of paint that reminds me of a zebra, I would have liked another touch of painting. The modeling of Safari giganotosaurus is great and the scale and size too and the sculptural and scientific details I also like very much. In absolute terms it is an outstanding figure but what perhaps spoils the figure are the shades of painting from my humble point of view considering that I do not understand paleontology and animal biology.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: