News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Rebor is saying this poseable figure is the ultimate in such and wont, wear, break, or crack over time. Judging by the pics it seems easy to repose.

I keep thinking back to those Kenner Coelophysis and Tanystropheus though.

Shonisaurus

In my case, the flexible pteranodon from Safari that was made in its day. It seems to me that it is now discontinued (I'm not sure) the elasticity of a wing broke when moving it in my case and that I am very careful so I do not usually force the movement of articulated figures like the dinosaurs of Rebor or Nanmu, They can be resistant figures, I don't doubt it, but just in case I don't risk it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 26, 2020, 04:32:55 PM
In my case, the flexible pteranodon from Safari that was made in its day. It seems to me that it is now discontinued (I'm not sure) the elasticity of a wing broke when moving it in my case and that I am very careful so I do not usually force the movement of articulated figures like the dinosaurs of Rebor or Nanmu, They can be resistant figures, I don't doubt it, but just in case I don't risk it.

Oh yeah..i have him had forgot that one. I tried posing him in a clinging pose and left him , he hasnt moved in years.

Rebor just released these pics :

I'm going to have a good cinematic dinosaur shelf setup.

Sarapaurolophus

Oh wow, they nailed its likeness! It has that chubby Disney charme. Might be the first Carnotaurus on my wantlist (and now I really need Bruton to go with him/her because I am cruel) ;)

mgaguilar

Gosh that's a gorgeous Carno, however inaccurate. Getting really nostalgic vibes from this one, having watched Dinosaur as a kid.
From those photos it looks like Rebor pulled back on the pebbliness of the skin texture.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 26, 2020, 07:17:05 PM
Gosh that's a gorgeous Carno, however inaccurate. Getting really nostalgic vibes from this one, having watched Dinosaur as a kid.

They had a really nice rendition to work off of, imo. Inaccurate or not, Dinosaur had really neat character designs (David Krentz influenced). Just the right amount of cartoony to convey emotions but still realistic enough to fit into the environment.

Shonisaurus

I keep the soul of a child and I really like the Rebor carnotaurus, it looks magnificent, it is very similar to that of a Disney movie and with an articulated jaw. It is very cool. If they sell it soon I will buy it, by the way, they had planned another species of the family of the abelisaurios I suppose that they will also commercialize it.

I have always said that Rebor has its "spark" and its collection of figures is very varied, from super-scientific specimens to fictional figures. I like Rebor.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on April 26, 2020, 07:23:26 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on April 26, 2020, 07:17:05 PM

They had a really nice rendition to work off of, imo. Inaccurate or not, Dinosaur had really neat character designs (David Krentz influenced). Just the right amount of cartoony to convey emotions but still realistic enough to fit into the environment.

Ricardo Delgado and William Stout worked on it as well :

Still sad Ricardo didnt get his Mosasaurs in the film..

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2020, 07:00:22 PM

God, hard to believe that believe these are from the same company. That first Carnotaurus is honestly the worst figure they've ever made.

But, this is something else. I love this so much, and I never thought I'd say that about a Rebor product. It's funny, I guess I was so used to being only exposed to this design via the Mattel toys, that I forgot how much tan coloring their is.

Now, I won't be satisfied until someone makes the other Disney Carnotaurs:

Shonisaurus

By the way what happened to the Ekrixinatosaurus? That figure was a very interesting figure since it is a new type of theropod unpublished in my collection of toy dinosaurs. Has production on the Ekrixinatosaurus been canceled?

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 26, 2020, 09:41:26 PM
By the way what happened to the Ekrixinatosaurus? That figure was a very interesting figure since it is a new type of theropod unpublished in my collection of toy dinosaurs. Has production on the Ekrixinatosaurus been canceled?

Working on it ;)

KeU

The 2 Carnotaurus really shows how much Rebor has improved on their texture work.
Looks fantastic.

Faelrin

That picture with all three of them nearly sums up all the major dinosaur films I grew up watching, and arguably were the stars of the films (if not the villains). While not a film per se, I feel like the only thing missing from it is the WWD (and perhaps more specifically the Ballad of Big Al) Allosaurus (although thankfully there is the Toyway figure, although I don't know how it would scale with any of these), and of course the JP Spinosaurus. Aside from the also missing Jurassic Park Velociraptor (all incarnations), and Dilophosaurus, those were all my favorite theropods growing up, and still are to this day in some capacity, despite how vastly different the real animals in appearance were with the evidence from the fossil record.

I really do owe it to Disney's Dinosaur however for introducing Carnotaurus to the public (and surprisingly Jurassic World once again), and in turn to me as well, despite how tyrannosaur like the film animal was for the most part. Rebor has certainly nailed the look of this beast, and it's a wonderful tribute to it after 20 years it has since released (or at least it will as of next month). I still recall the time I saw that movie in theaters as a child for my 9th birthday with my dad. I do however hope to see them do an Iguanodon to pair with it, even if the Papo is out there and quite similar.

It's pretty cool to see how it sizes up with their earlier Carnotaurus too.

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Wow that Tylosaurus concept art is impressively accurate for the time. It's so interesting how different and that film could have turned out in the end, just from going by the concept art but nonetheless I still cherish what ultimately came out.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I agree that a WWD figure would be pretty cool, and I think Big Al would be the perfect figure to start with. Though, I'm sure Rebor could make a Liopleurodon that would both sell like hotcakes and diversify their line up a bit.

I've come around a bit on Rebor after this, honestly. I think if their figures looks as good as this from now on, I'd be more interested. This Carnotaurus lacks the over-detailed look that ruined so many previous Rebors for me; the textures on this new figure are very fine and not an eyesore like those of the Killer Queen or Vastatosaurus.

Since Rebor sometimes likes to make more"out there" figures, like the fetuses, and since they are often "inspired" by pop culture, I wouldn't mind a Quetzalcoatlus from them, preferably with a rider....wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on April 26, 2020, 11:48:05 PM
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I agree that a WWD figure would be pretty cool, and I think Big Al would be the perfect figure to start with. Though, I'm sure Rebor could make a Liopleurodon that would both sell like hotcakes and diversify their line up a bit.

I've come around a bit on Rebor after this, honestly. I think if their figures looks as good as this from now on, I'd be more interested. This Carnotaurus lacks the over-detailed look that ruined so many previous Rebors for me; the textures on this new figure are very fine and not an eyesore like those of the Killer Queen or Vastatosaurus.

Since Rebor sometimes likes to make more"out there" figures, like the fetuses, and since they are often "inspired" by pop culture, I wouldn't mind a Quetzalcoatlus from them, preferably with a rider....wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

To be fair in the case of the V-Rex, it is very over textured in the film as well.

I second an interest in a Skybax or other Dinotopian denizen.

Rain

I agree that their digital sculpts are getting better but I still really miss their hand sculpting. Those first few figures were done so well.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Loon on April 26, 2020, 08:55:21 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Omg, that femme fatale Carnotaurus... That image should get posted every time a "lips" vs "lipless" discussion comes up :-*

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Loon on April 26, 2020, 08:55:21 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2020, 07:00:22 PM

Ummmm, Schleich already did!😂

I love this new Carno! It really captures the Disney version and more. Very well done.

Andreioli

The mountain gorilla looks great too:

Flaffy

I wonder if the hornless Carno "Ekrixinatosaurus" is still planned. Still wish it had more extensive keratin around the eyes and snout to further differentiate it from the Disney Carno.

Regardless, that's a really good looking Carnotaur. Brings back all sorts of memories when watching Disney's "Dinosaurs".
At that massive size I wonder what his price tag will be, since Rebor's Titanoboa has already taken a good chunk out of my wallet  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: