News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Looks like that poor Compy fell prey to one of the vilest creatures...Homo sapiens!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Faelrin

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO I was wondering will BigBadToyStore or Everything Dinosaur get more of the Acrocanthosaurus "Hercules" and the "Cerberus clan" Deinonychus trio? I saw that BigBadToyStore had pre-orders up for most of the other figures out of stock, but not those (or at least yet).

On that note is the original Carnotaurus discontinued or will that go in stock in the future again?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

Quote from: Faelrin on May 05, 2020, 03:12:06 AM
avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO I was wondering will BigBadToyStore or Everything Dinosaur get more of the Acrocanthosaurus "Hercules" and the "Cerberus clan" Deinonychus trio? I saw that BigBadToyStore had pre-orders up for most of the other figures out of stock, but not those (or at least yet).

On that note is the original Carnotaurus discontinued or will that go in stock in the future again?

I'd take BBTS pre-orders for some of that stuff with a grain of salt. They still have a pre-order up for stuff that is definitively canceled, and their system just keeps updating the release date to the next month.

Halichoeres

I keep hoping someone else will release an Ekrixinatosaurus before Rebor does, lest I feel compelled to buy it. I mean, it's just like someone sawed off the Disney Carnotaurus's horns, just the laziest mod ever. But even with Rebor's unpredictable release schedule, I fear the window is closing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The Rebor ekrixinatosaurus is going to be one of my priorities when buying a Rebor figure. Sorry for the mountain gorillas and the dissected compsognathus of the same brand.

Over9K

The Rebor Ekrixinatosaurus is almost exactly what I've always imagined a live-action Marvel Comics Devil Dinosaur would look like... just needs to be Red...

tanystropheus

Quote from: Rain on May 01, 2020, 02:06:43 PM

Unique, but not really something I'm interested in. It does bring back fond memories of an animal physiology course I had to take though, so who knows, maybe I will get it.

Seems like the perfect gift to give someone during Valentine's Day  :)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 10, 2020, 09:26:04 AM
Quote from: Rain on May 01, 2020, 02:06:43 PM

Unique, but not really something I'm interested in. It does bring back fond memories of an animal physiology course I had to take though, so who knows, maybe I will get it.

Seems like the perfect gift to give someone during Valentine's Day  :)

I would say that it is more a figure of Halloween. The dissected compsognathus is perfect a magnificent figure but the fact that it is dissected and tucked into a wooden urn is a bit macabre.

Flaffy

"Almost there, will be ready for shipping before June!"
-Rebor

Shonisaurus

I hope you send me a message everythingdinosaur to buy the long-awaited Rebor titanoboa. I can't wait to have that figure in my hands! Woohoo!!!!!!

GojiraGuy1954

Why do yall hate rebor so much
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on June 05, 2020, 10:11:06 PM

I do not hate Rebor, I like and love Rebor makes a group of very varied figures not only of dinosaurs but of fantastic animals. Hooray for Rebor !!! :)

tanystropheus

I love REBOR. They are one of my favorite companies. I love their creative ability to diversify (e.g. wet specimens, Mosasaurus skeleton wall mount, Acrocanthosaurus diorama, King Kong + V-rex, Xenomorph T-Rex). I really feel that REBOR would make the very best dragons and cryptid models if they ever decide to explore that area. At the moment, Todd Mcfarlane has some decent dragons and Anisau makes some nice Sasquatch/Himalayan Man models, but REBOR has more refined craftsmanship than either of these individuals/teams. I am still awaiting their mummified fairy (probably the closest thing to a cryptid).

suspsy

Why are you asking this question when nobody has said anything negative here about REBOR in quite some time?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SenSx

They have many figures I'm not really found of, but some others that I love: great sculpts and paint job.
The only big issue for me is their quality control.
Most of the figures I got from them had either paint defects or rubs, or problems with the articulated mouth that would not open or close.
That's really annoying given the price of the products, even figures from other brands like Papo whit almost non existant packaging arrive in a better state.

But hate is a strong word.

KeU

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2854723997987923&id=555146104612402&sfnsn=mo
Pictures of the first 2 color schemes of the GnG Tyrannosaurus.
Seems like a stand is needed for it to stand.

Loon

They won't need stands they said, they're just there in case.

Quote from: Rebor
REBOR GNG02 1:35 SA T-Rex Type A and REBOR GNG03 1:35 SA T-Rex Type B will be released around Aug/Sep this year, the other two colour schemes will be released in spring 2021.

Like REBOR GNG01 1:6 Komodo Dragon these quality T-rex toys will be gorgeous looking yet super affordable so just grab one with your pocket money when they become availbe in your area.

P.S. saw some questions down there: yes the figures can stand on their own but we are also throwing in stands this time just in case of hot summer days. Stand power!

This things head still looks weird.

Rain

Quote from: Loon on June 12, 2020, 12:57:58 AM

This things head still looks weird.

I thought so too, particularly because of that strange notch. I edited it a bit to see how it would look without it and I think it looks a lot better.

Flaffy

Still waiting on news regarding the Titanoboa.

Loon

Quote from: Flaffy on June 12, 2020, 03:06:39 AM
Still waiting on news regarding the Titanoboa.

All I know is that I got charged for it, so I thought it was going to ship. But, it's still showing up on preorder on BBTS.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: