News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ARUL on February 04, 2015, 09:55:56 AM
On the fb rebor said we can expect to see the ceratosaurus today...well lets lets lets go  :))

Hopefully this one will be less controversial - a figure we can all get behind in unity!

CityRaptor

I'm looking forward to this one. I'm also pretty sure that in their set of Tarot Cards, Quetzalcoatlus will be "The Lovers"
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Alex-DinoFood

I know this is gonna get a lot of people pissed, but is there any chance for a Jurassic Park (or World) inspired Velociraptor? ???

tanystropheus

Quote from: Alex-DinoFood on February 04, 2015, 12:17:33 PM
I know this is gonna get a lot of people pissed, but is there any chance for a Jurassic Park (or World) inspired Velociraptor? ???

Well, the REBOR Utahraptor looks almost as if it stepped out of the JP universe (that's if the JP universe recognized plumage). In a sense, the semi-accurate Utahraptor appears to be the spiritual successor of the JP Velociraptor.  I think it is a gorgeous piece, but that's because I'm a fan of JP and non-JP models alike.

I'm surprised that Papo never remade the Velociraptor in a new dynamic pose...

tanystropheus

Black and White pictures of 1/35 REBOR Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus revealed on their Facebook page.

Arul

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 04, 2015, 12:51:01 PM
Black and White pictures of 1/35 REBOR Ceratosaurus revealed on their Facebook page.

Yeahhh cool what a beast, hell creature  :o

Alex-DinoFood

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 04, 2015, 12:35:10 PM
Quote from: Alex-DinoFood on February 04, 2015, 12:17:33 PM

Well, the REBOR Utahraptor looks almost as if it stepped out of the JP universe (that's if the JP universe recognized plumage). In a sense, the semi-accurate Utahraptor appears to be the spiritual successor of the JP Velociraptor.  I think it is a gorgeous piece, but that's because I'm a fan of JP and non-JP models alike.

I'm surprised that Papo never remade the Velociraptor in a new dynamic pose...

That's why I'm asking. I never got to buy a Papo Velociraptor. The first Lost World inspired one. I just couldn't take the pose. The tripod pose just doesn't look good for a Raptor. Still, the Papo Raptor it is the best JP Raptor you can get (except the Horizon model, but it's to hard to get now, and too expensive). Problem is the new Papo version (even if I could forget the crappy pose) looks just awful, I'm talking about the color here. I know they wanted to go withe the Jurassic Park 3 color scheme but they failed miserably...
Now, if Papo would only do a running version of the JP. Velociraptor... Kind of like the pose of the Papo Oviraptor & with the original paint job...

I'm building a scientifically accurate collection and a Jurassic Park inspired one, and a raptor is what I want the most. The one thing that i don't have...
The Rebor Utahraptor is nice and all, but imagine if they'd make a Jurassic Park one...just like with the Rex. I already have the King T-Rex and it's amazing...

Dobber

Rebor, may I make a suggestion?

Would it be possible to make a base for your T-rex to be sold separately? The bases that are comming with your latest products look very nice and a base for your T-rex would be great. Possibly include a dead or dying Dino like edmontosaurus or triceratops to have the rex resting its foot on. With that it may also attract people who didn't buy the T-rex but would like a nice diorama base to use with other subjects or even just buy your Rex.  I think it would be great. Just a thought.

Chris

Edit: fixed horrible typos and auto corrects. I hate typing on my phone!
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 04, 2015, 10:09:58 AM
Quote from: ARUL on February 04, 2015, 09:55:56 AM
On the fb rebor said we can expect to see the ceratosaurus today...well lets lets lets go  :))

Hopefully this one will be less controversial - a figure we can all get behind in unity!
The only issue I can see with the dinosaur really is the lower jaw and how it articulates...it looks like a really nice model, and not sure if the articulation can even be done without doing it the way they are....just dont know enough about toy production to say myself. I like the figure otherwise.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Dobber on February 04, 2015, 01:43:28 PM
Rebor, may I make a suggestion?

Would it be possible to make a based for your T-rex to be sold separately? The bases that are comming with your latest products look very nice and a base for you T-rex would be great. Possiy include a dead or dying Dino like edmontosaurus or triceratops to have the rex resting its foot on. Wit that it may also attract people who didn't buy the T-rex but would like a nice diorama base to use with other subjects or even just buy you Rex.  I think it would be great. Just a thought.

Chris

You can always figure out our plans ;)

Dobber

Outstanding!!  ;D.

My Rex needs something good to stand on.  ;)

Chris

Tallin

Myself, I would love to see Rebor make a spinosaurid - not spino himself as he's a bit controversial at the mo, but a Suchomimus, Baryonyx or Irritator would be wonderful and would allow for tons of artistic scales and scutes and not forgetting the huge claws!

Or perhaps a battle-scarred old stegosaur like a Kentrosaurus with broken spines and scars...

tanystropheus

Quote from: Dobber on February 04, 2015, 02:14:50 PM
Outstanding!!  ;D.

Chris

I like the stands on the Utahrapter and Y-rex, and the swamp base on the Cerato is exquisite...but the stand that comes with the T-rex looks like a stepstool, unfortunately.

Dobber

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 04, 2015, 02:25:46 PM
Quote from: Dobber on February 04, 2015, 02:14:50 PM
Outstanding!!  ;D.

Chris

I like the stands on the Utahrapter and Y-rex, and the swamp base on the Cerato is exquisite...but the stand that comes with the T-rex looks like a stepstool, unfortunately.

Exactly! That's why I was making the suggestion.  ;)

Chris

Shadowknight1

Ceratosaurus looks good and makes me even more excited for Acrocanthosaurus.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Fluffysaurus

Dear  dear Rebor (yes thats you Rebor)
As some suggested before. Would it be possible if you also made a dinosaur movie line?
I love scientific accurate dinosaurs but also Movie dinosaurs. So for example the Dilophosaurus with its flaps out and such? And the Rex. And the Indominus Rex.
Dont know how it works with licenses. But i think there would be a market for it.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Troodon on February 05, 2015, 11:58:03 AM
Dear  dear Rebor (yes thats you Rebor)
As some suggested before. Would it be possible if you also made a dinosaur movie line?
I love scientific accurate dinosaurs but also Movie dinosaurs. So for example the Dilophosaurus with its flaps out and such? And the Rex. And the Indominus Rex.
Dont know how it works with licenses. But i think there would be a market for it.

Normally purchasing the license of a movie character/creature would cost around 25,000 USD to 30,000 USD at least, we are not quite ready for this...

Arul

Keep making a real dinosaur rebor based on physical/scientific evidence  :D

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: ARUL on February 05, 2015, 03:15:48 PM

We will release a few more dinosaurs this year then focus on prehistorical animal replica/Oddity/Club Selection line  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 05, 2015, 03:50:34 PM
Quote from: ARUL on February 05, 2015, 03:15:48 PM

We will release a few more dinosaurs this year then focus on prehistorical animal replica/Oddity/Club Selection line  :)

I think it would be fascinating to have 1:1 scale replicas of some of the more diminutive dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. For example, the Anurognathus or the Compsognathus.It would also be nice to see a few 1/35 scale prehistoric marine reptiles from your line (e.g. Elasmosaurus, Cryptoclidus, Mosasaurus etc.) as Papo's previous efforts have been rather silly so far...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: