News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallin

Personally I'd love to see you bringing new designs of dinosaurs to the table (like this cerato) rather than JP replicas - there are plenty of those! :)

Takama

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 05, 2015, 03:03:01 PM
Quote from: Troodon on February 05, 2015, 11:58:03 AM
Dear  dear Rebor (yes thats you Rebor)
As some suggested before. Would it be possible if you also made a dinosaur movie line?
I love scientific accurate dinosaurs but also Movie dinosaurs. So for example the Dilophosaurus with its flaps out and such? And the Rex. And the Indominus Rex.
Dont know how it works with licenses. But i think there would be a market for it.

Normally purchasing the license of a movie character/creature would cost around 25,000 USD to 30,000 USD at least, we are not quite ready for this...

You already have a T.Rex whose head resembles that of Jurassic Park.  Just label it Movie Rex.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Tallin on February 05, 2015, 04:02:39 PM
Personally I'd love to see you bringing new designs of dinosaurs to the table (like this cerato) rather than JP replicas - there are plenty of those! :)

The only product that's inspired by JP is the King T-rex, we've designed all other dinosaurs ourselves haven't we  :)

BTW, REBOR Yutyrannus is Not inspired by Papo Allosaurus, yes they look similar to each other because they are both theropods and sizes are about the same, also you got to admit that there can only be so many poses for theropods, it's unfair to say so, we can't give up a good idea of our own just because somebody else has done it before, otherwise you can also argue that REBOR Ceratosaurus looks like Papo Allosaurus right? Pegasus Hobbies' T-rex has a similar pose to REBOR King T-rex, and REBOR King T-rex is released 2 month earlier, we can't say they've copied our designs can we? We also remember somebody has shown a photo of Master Fossil's Carnotaurus, which also steps one foot on a rock, and accusing us for Plagiarism, that's just nonsense because we have never even heard of "Master Fossil' before, and Plagiarism is quite a sensitive and serious term to be used, please don't forget that we are a company and we can actually call that "defamation on corporate image " and protect ourselves by legal means.

If we all have higher tolerance, then this forum can become a more friendly place for all dino fans :)

DinoLord

Out of all the criticisms Rebor has faced I would say posing similarities are definitely one of the most trivial. Though I think they meant to say theropods instead of sauropods in their last post (though I definitely would like to see some models of the latter from them).

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Takama on February 05, 2015, 04:28:50 PM
As some suggested before. Would it be possible if you also made a dinosaur movie line?
I love scientific accurate dinosaurs but also Movie dinosaurs. So for example the Dilophosaurus with its flaps out and such? And the Rex. And the Indominus Rex.
Dont know how it works with licenses. But i think there would be a market for it.

Normally purchasing the license of a movie character/creature would cost around 25,000 USD to 30,000 USD at least, we are not quite ready for this...

You already have a T.Rex whose head resembles that of Jurassic Park.  Just label it Movie Rex.

Sorry but we will continue to label it as "REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex Museum Class Replica nickname King T-rex"

You may choose to sue us for copying the JP's design or for calling inaccurate model as "museum class", either way we wish you good luck on the task and the coming consequences  ;)

pylraster

I like the ceratosaurus. Can't wait to see colored pics of it

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: DinoLord on February 05, 2015, 05:10:43 PM
Out of all the criticisms Rebor has faced I would say posing similarities are definitely one of the most trivial. Though I think they meant to say theropods instead of sauropods in their last post (though I definitely would like to see some models of the latter from them).

wasn't thinking! :o

pylraster

Sorry for the noob question, but what material are Rebor dinos made of again? I did get that the bases are polystone, but I seem to have missed that info regarding the figures themeselves. :)

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: pylraster on February 05, 2015, 05:28:42 PM
Sorry for the noob question, but what material are Rebor dinos made of again? I did get that the bases are polystone, but I seem to have missed that info regarding the figures themeselves. :)

Polyvinyl chloride with our own spice to optimise the fluidity, increase the yield strength and extend the cooling time to avoid deformation and ensure details really stand out. :)

And yes, the shrinkage of materials! That's the biggest problem for most of the companies out there as it not only limits the details on model, but also makes the final product much smaller than the prototype sculpture. If you are also a TV/Movie collector and you just happened to have a NECA 1:4 Ironman, you can find out the helmet is quite small comparing with the body, that's because the helmet is made of ABS and rest of the body is made of PVC, according to our calculation, they've forgotten to put around 6% of shrinkage into consideration during the designing stage, resulting poor Tony's head can never fit into that helmet in real life. By playing with the materials we can actually calculate the shrinkage during the production and control the size of final products to milliliters, that is something! ;)

pylraster

PVC? Alright. You're doing awesome with that process. I was initially thinking they were statues like sideshow - the overall details and quality had me fooled. :D Good job! I'm looking forward to that ceratosaur then!

REBOR_STUDIO

8)
Quote from: pylraster on February 05, 2015, 05:52:15 PM
PVC? Alright. You're doing awesome with that process. I was initially thinking they were statues like sideshow - the overall details and quality had me fooled. :D Good job! I'm looking forward to that ceratosaur then!

All we want to say is that we are more than a toy maker, and the REBOR replica you have purchased do have extra values than model itself, you are buying some really advanced production concepts and designs  :)

Tallin

I definitely prefer your choice of material and am pleased that the whole creature is not polystone. Not only am I incredible clumsy (and would be devastated if I knocked over and shattered a polystone statue!) but I like the feel of Pvc. And with the articulated jaw, I don't think I could resist removing Cerato from her podium to chomp on one of my Jurassic herbivores ;)

nobunaga

Great job Rebor! now i'm addicted! what will be next figure? ah? when? and Cerato colors? ah? :o :-\ :P

tanystropheus

Hi Rebor,
Any plans for 1:1 scale models in your replicas/Oddities/Club Selection line?
(e.g. 1:1 Anurognathus or the Compsognathus)

Fluffysaurus

Thankyou for the awnser regarding the movie line.
Didnt know that thats very expensive :o. So from now on no more movie questions from me haha.
Cant wait till tomorrow to see the reveal.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Albertosaurus

Quote from: Troodon on February 06, 2015, 12:09:15 AM
Didnt know that thats very expensive :o. So from now on no more movie questions from me haha.

What reveal?????

Rebor,same question as always, what is your plan for hervibores? There is a lot of disappointment around about the new papo apatosaurus,are you going to fill that hole in the market?are you going to give us some magnificent ceratopsians that are not just there to be food for some theropod??

stargatedalek

A 1:1 scale anurognathus would definitely be something cool! Anurognathus is also pretty suited to this line, perhaps a very frightening creature to see up close. Just don't forget the characteristic pycnofibres along the edges of the wings (probably providing silenced flight).

Arul

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 05, 2015, 05:18:28 PM
Quote from: Takama on February 05, 2015, 04:28:50 PM

Sorry but we will continue to label it as "REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex Museum Class Replica nickname King T-rex"

You may choose to sue us for copying the JP's design or for calling inaccurate model as "museum class", either way we wish you good luck on the task and the coming consequences  ;)

Easy easy hahaha thats really not necessary guys :P

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 06, 2015, 12:39:18 AM
Quote from: Troodon on February 06, 2015, 12:09:15 AM

What reveal?????

Rebor,same question as always, what is your plan for hervibores? There is a lot of disappointment around about the new papo apatosaurus,are you going to fill that hole in the market?are you going to give us some magnificent ceratopsians that are not just there to be food for some theropod??

The reveal of the colours of the Ceratosaurus ;)
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Arul

Marine reptile !! Dont forget to plan that model rebor  ;)  :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: