You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Faelrin on May 02, 2018, 03:57:18 PM
I know this is off topic really, but I do want to share my thoughts on this particular. I'm excited about, and collecting the Mattel JW figures because they are near film accurate sculpts (having some sort of scale) for the price (paint work is simplified or a little bit off in some cases though, not that it bothers me much, because these are cheap toys after all). Not like I'll ever be able to afford Chronicle Collectibles' statues either, and as nice as Papo's are, they don't have any sense of scale for the most part. It is also going to be nice to be able to put together a collection of most of the film's creatures for the first time in years, with some sort of consistency to them. Also it's nostalgic for me since I did grow up playing with the Kenner TLW and Hasbro JPIII toys as a kid. I do however respect that these are not going to be for everyone, because they are cheap toys, and specifically JP/JW's take on these creatures. Not everyone collects the same things after all.

Yes, I can clearly understand that.
And happy collecting.  ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Daily Pics on DTF

Pt.2 : The "long neck" marine reptiles

Elasmosaurus

Thalassomedon

Futabasaurus

Hydrotherosaurus

Attemborosaurus

Plesiosaurus

( "Nessie"  ;) )

_______________________________________________________________________________________
(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157671169222185/with/23786695600/

_______________________________________________________________________________________

:)

RobinGoodfellow

Daily Pics on DTF

Pt.3 : " ichthyosaur "

Shonisaurus

Ophthalmosaurus

Himalayasaurus

Excalibosaurus

Temnodontosaurus

Ichtyosaurus

____________________________________________________________________________________
(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157671169222185/with/34679314420/

____________________________________________________________________________________

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

Liopleurodon is one of my favorite marine reptiles.
And Shane Foulkes is always wonderful.
That's why it was simply impossible for me to pass over this:

Shane Foulkes Liopleurodon (1:15) / Painted by Vitali Klatt

(pictures credits @ Vitali Klatt/Urzeitshop)

..in my collection soon.. stay tuned..
^-^

Mini Minmi

That ophtalmosaurus is a beauty! The colors are rich and the eye looks alive. It looks like a little jewel.  ^-^

Tylosaurus

A Shane Foulkes Liopleurodon well that A-Class Quality right there man 8)
You can't go wrong with that! Nice find, I look forward to your photo's of that beauty :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on May 03, 2018, 03:41:53 PM
(..) I look forward to your photo's of that beauty
I should receive it in about 2 weeks from now... pictures will follow..  ^-^

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your liopleurodon by Shane Foulkes, it's a wonder indeed. How many dinosaurs of PVC, resin or vinyl do you buy per year? I do not know if I asked you this question before but I'm intrigued I know you have a great collection but every day you have more figures.

Tylosaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 03, 2018, 03:59:30 PM
Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on May 03, 2018, 03:41:53 PM
(..) I look forward to your photo's of that beauty
I should receive it in about 2 weeks from now... pictures will follow..  ^-^

hah awesome :D
Well I look forward to it :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 03, 2018, 04:33:32 PM
How many dinosaurs of PVC, resin or vinyl do you buy per year?
I really don't know.
Usually I buy items that intrigue me and I can afford..  :)

postsaurischian

I wouldn't want to talk about money. That wonderful big thing needs space!
It is too special to get stored away, isn't it?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 03, 2018, 09:21:23 PM
That wonderful big thing needs space!
It is too special to get stored away, isn't it?

Yes, I totally agree with you.
I'm still re-organizing all my cabinets and shelves.
I hope to complete my work at the beginning of June.
Then I'll show the final result on this thread.

Tylosaurus

Hey Robin you can always pay a visit to the IKEA :)
They have lots of good cabinet & vitrine solutions 8)

I too have to go there and buy a Billy cabinet with 4 extra planks  so I can display my military jets in the Billy to make more space for more Boeing 747's xD
I guess you dino collectors also are familiar with "the running out of space problem" ;D

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on May 04, 2018, 10:26:34 AM
Hey Robin you can always pay a visit to the IKEA :)
They have lots of good cabinet & vitrine solutions 8)
(..)
I guess you dino collectors also are familiar with "the running out of space problem" ;D

...ehehehehe.... you've got the point perfectly  ;)
I already went there and I saw a lot of solutions for my collection.
The main problem is that first I need to remove some old furnitures from my display room and it takes time...  ::)

Kind Regards

Shonisaurus

For example, I have the best figures of dinosaurs including resin dinosaurs and fossils in fully enclosed showcases to prevent them from deteriorating due to contact with the outside and to avoid any unpleasant incident that causes their breakage or deterioration.

The figures of resins and I say this from my own experience I recommend that they be placed in hermetically sealed shelves, that is to say, display cases with a transparent glass display case.

They are quite expensive and valuable objects to be damaged by any incident unrelated to the collector.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 04, 2018, 11:32:39 AM
(..)
The figures of resins and I say this from my own experience I recommend that they be placed in hermetically sealed shelves, (..)

..well, it sounds a little bit exaggerated to me...  ;)

My resins have been in Ikea's Detolf for years now without any problem.

Now I will buy just something bigger because I need more space.. that's all

Shonisaurus

Yes, I have exaggerated or expressed myself unfortunately. Precisely I have those shelves that you show to house the resin figures and the fossils that you show in the images.  :)

Tylosaurus

@Shonisaurus & @RobinGoodfellow

Give this thread@ DA.C a good read, it's a way to make those IKEA Detolf's dust free with a very cheap yet functional solution as thread starter "Jan Jasinski" explains:)
http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/295778-photos-dust-proofing-your-ikea-detolf.html

This is the material that you need to fill in the gaps where the dust can get through:

Which gives this as result :)

My solution is already dust free, as for my aircraft collection goes.
But this might be a handy tip for those that seek a similar solution :)
Gold Leader is me btw.

Hope that helps 8)

RobinGoodfellow

In the mail today

I'm opening a big box today... a marine reptile..
Could it be the JW Fallen Kingdom Mosasaurus ?

...oops... no, it's a Shane Foulkes 1:15 Liopleurodon... eeheheehehh!!  >:D

More pictures soon... stay tuned..  ^-^

Shonisaurus

The dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in this case of Shane Foulkes cost their money but at the same time of being an investment they are spectacularly beautiful.

I congratulate you Robin for this beautiful figure, outstanding as you can not.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: