You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Sincerely, although they are retro figures of dinosaurs are fabulous and rare, it would be good that in the serious toy market for example companies like Safari, Collecta, Papo, Vitae someday they would do those dinosaurs "retro". They have a lot of charm. :)

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

DinostoreUs / Favorite Desktop Models 1:35 Tyrannosaurus

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157667781623768/with/40734119534/

________________________________________________________________________________
From Favorite Desktop Model line:

________________________________________________________________________________

:)

Shonisaurus

This tyrannosaurus although it is resin and very nice is based on Jurassic Park since its forelimbs are very long to be a tyrannosaurus.
DinostoreUs American company sister of the Favorite company is one of the resin dinosaur companies for my part.  :)

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

PNSO Tsintaosaurus spinorhinus (1:20)

(thanks to acro-man for the model)

..others Tsintaosaurus in my collection..

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660745829739/with/26686134601/

RobinGoodfellow

New (minor) Acquisitions

..two cheap figures from China: Lontic Suchomimus and Caudipteryx

Just colorful and fun  ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157667781623768/with/26579894457/

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

Carnotaurus &  Cearadactylus / Diorama "Expel"
M-See / Sculpted by Muxi / Painted by Tison Zhang

(thanks to acro-man for the diorama)

_________________________________________________________________________________

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660731574677/with/28094832182/

_________________________________________________________________________________

RobinGoodfellow

BrontoScorpio

WOW, Robin !
Have you robbed a bank recently ?  ;)

Do you have any untempered pics of the Carnotaurus Muxi  Diorama ?
I am contemplating about this one - and wish to know what does it look like 'naturaly'.

Also, as for  'how this figure really looks like' -
I saw your PNSO Tsintaosaurus - it looks really different, in terms of colors, than what I expected -
see this pic form MNHK :
I have to admit I like MNHK colors better -
I don't know if it's just the lightning etc. , but, in your picture the figure seems to be a bit over painted with a colors to be considered as 'natural'
and the color application seems a bit 'sloppy' as far as 'air brush' and 'dry brush' techniques ( which I'm not an expert with ).
Can it be that there are several painting schemes for that model ?

( Pictures from MNHK - If you want me to later delete those pics from your thread - just ask )

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 14, 2018, 06:37:31 PM
WOW, Robin !
Have you robbed a bank recently ?  ;)

I haven't been taking new pictures from more than a month: these models came from past acquisitions.
I'm just showing them all together..

Do you have any untempered pics of the Carnotaurus Muxi  Diorama ?
I am contemplating about this one - and wish to know what does it look like 'naturally'.

It's just a little bit less saturated than my pictures.
But not too different..

Also, as for  'how this figure really looks like' -
I saw your PNSO Tsintaosaurus - it looks really different, in terms of colors, than what I expected -
see this pic form MNHK :
I have to admit I like MNHK colors better -
I don't know if it's just the lightning etc. , but, in your picture the figure seems to be a bit over painted with a colors to be considered as 'natural'
and the color application seems a bit 'sloppy' as far as 'air brush' and 'dry brush' techniques ( which I'm not an expert with ).
Can it be that there are several painting schemes for that model ?

Because of the white stripes on tail and body, I had to use the HDR (High Dynamic Range) method for the pictures.
So colors seem a little bit sloppy.
Light is already soft inside a light-box; and it's much more soft with HDR.
I prefer that instead of an over-exposed white.

( Pictures from MNHK - If you want me to later delete those pics from your thread - just ask )

No, don't worry...

MHHK pictures are sharper than reality (and under-colored).
The real color of the Tsintaosaurus is between my pictures and MHHK pictures.

(You should also try to see my original picture with the zoom function (= original dimension) here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/41449812771/in/album-72157667322973960/ )

Shonisaurus

The PNSO tsintaosaurus is a desirable figure for any collector. I'm glad you have it in your Robin collection.  ^-^

Although we now know from recent discoveries that the tsintaosaurus was not the living "unicorn" that fascinated me as a child and young, I really like that paleoartistic representation of this lambeosaurine hadrosaurus.  :)

RobinGoodfellow

*** Vintage Corner ***

Old & Classic Carnegie figures in my collection:

(with T Rex v1)

(T Rex v2)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157673924187580/with/39489922022/

Shonisaurus

Thanks Robin for posting those beautiful figures of the Carnegie primitive dinosaurs. I think you have almost all the versions but I think that the tanystropheus got another version (I have to confess that I do not either).

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 18, 2018, 03:27:47 PM
I think you have almost all the versions but (...)

Missing Carnegie:

- ALL the 1988 original grey/green figures
- Yellow/Black Stegosaurus
- Grey Quetzalcoatlus
- Red Velociraptor
- Green Tanystropheus
- Green Carnotaurus
- Grey/Light Blu Brachiosaurus

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6296.0

::)

ceratopsian

What a lot of new pictures for me to catch up with!  Thank you.  The Oldies Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops made me feel very nostalgic for the books I read as a small child.  They are a beautiful pair.  I also loved the brightness of the Lontic Caudipteryx - as you say, fun.  Thanks for showing the Carnegie artwork too.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 19, 2018, 10:34:48 AM
What a lot of new pictures for me to catch up with!  Thank you.  The Oldies Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops made me feel very nostalgic for the books I read as a small child.  They are a beautiful pair.  I also loved the brightness of the Lontic Caudipteryx - as you say, fun.  Thanks for showing the Carnegie artwork too.

..my pleasure...  ^-^  :))

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 19, 2018, 10:34:48 AM

In fact, the Carnegie brand was the pioneer of modern and modern figures of dinosaur toys and, in general, prehistoric animals. Its value and merit is unalterable.

RobinGoodfellow

Daily Pics on DTF

My Paleozoo collection

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157666921585522/with/26115545670/

Jose S.M.

Those figures are great and have beautiful color schemes.

ceratopsian

Although I don't own any Paleozoo figures, I was lucky enough handle the real thing (rather than admire a photo) when I went to see the Dinosaur exhibition in Nottingham last year, courtesy of our Dr. Admin.  The effect was almost jewel like.  Your photos capture that quality.

Shonisaurus

Neither do I have any figures from the Paleozoo company but sincerely captivate one (at least in my case) their figures.

Anomelocaris and the dunkleosteus come out in terms of perfection and the same can be said of the tiktaalik.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: