You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

I'm a bit envious of the Foulkes Liopleurodon. Very 'Walking with Dinosaurs'.  8)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 13, 2018, 10:50:19 AM
I'm a bit envious of the Foulkes Liopleurodon. Very 'Walking with Dinosaurs'.  8)

Thank you.
It looks like this (with its base):

..with a little bit of Photoshop..

:)

PhilSauria

Magnificent specimen! I can fully see why you now focus on these high-end creations, I am beginning to have thoughts in that direction myself now that any further older figures that I'd like are either very hard to find or too expensive when I do. I know that sound at odds with me being prepared to spend more, on the likes of say PNSO or Vitae, but there is a different aesthetic about them and a quality that the extra cost brings - as shown by your latest acquisition! Not that I think I could afford these, but works by the two companys I mention will do for now.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on May 13, 2018, 12:02:36 PM
Magnificent specimen! I can fully see why you now focus on these high-end creations, I am beginning to have thoughts in that direction myself now that any further older figures that I'd like are either very hard to find or too expensive when I do. I know that sound at odds with me being prepared to spend more, on the likes of say PNSO or Vitae, but there is a different aesthetic about them and a quality that the extra cost brings - as shown by your latest acquisition! Not that I think I could afford these, but works by the two companys I mention will do for now.

..yes, more or less my old wish-list is almost complete..
With just some exceptions, I found the figures I was looking for in the past.
So it's time for the next level..

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your excellent collection Robin, by the way, if you could tell me which dinosaur companies are the compsognathus and the bird of terror (I think it's a phorusrhacos). Of course you have a real museum of prehistoric toy and resin animals that are admirable. I'm glad you have that great collection.

By the way I have the limited version of Vitae's giganotosaurus and I ask you, is it worth buying the other version? My congratulations, Robin.  :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 13, 2018, 02:43:52 PM
(..) if you could tell me which dinosaur companies are the compsognathus and the bird of terror (I think it's a phorusrhacos).

All my pictures are on Flickr with info.
Just follow the link at the end of the post to go to the Flickr Album ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157681955573873/page2 ).
Then "double click" on the picture you're interested to see info.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 13, 2018, 02:43:52 PM
By the way I have the limited version of Vitae's giganotosaurus and I ask you, is it worth buying the other version?
In my opinion, no..

PhilSauria

Next level is a good way of putting it Robin, and seeing the post on the PNSO exhibition has me more pumped than ever to move in that direction (just hope that some of the figures shown make it out into the marketplace!). I was wondering after looking at the latest figure you posted what colour sceme these animals had in art prior to Walking With Dinosaurs!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on May 13, 2018, 11:37:26 PM
(..)I was wondering after looking at the latest figure you posted what colour sceme these animals had in art prior to Walking With Dinosaurs!

Did Liopleurodon exist before Walking with Dinosaurs ?  >:D
I'm joking....  :))
In all my pre-WWD books there are plenty of Pliosaurus, Mosasaurs, Tylosaurus, Kronosaurus, even Cymbospondylus but no Liopleurodon..  ???
I think that Liopleurodon walked into the hall-of-fame after WWD.  ::)

PhilSauria

When I arrived home tonight I thumbed through a couple of older Dinosaur books in search of the animal and found one in the Collins Illustrated Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Animals (Dougal Dixon et al, 1988) and it is rendered in mottled shades of grey. WWD certainly raised the animal's profile though and seems to have pretty much set the template for it's markings ever since!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on May 14, 2018, 11:49:06 AM
When I arrived home tonight I thumbed through a couple of older Dinosaur books in search of the animal and found one in the Collins Illustrated Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Animals (Dougal Dixon et al, 1988) and it is rendered in mottled shades of grey. WWD certainly raised the animal's profile though and seems to have pretty much set the template for it's markings ever since!

Mr. Martin Garratt and Mr. Shane Foulkes did several other templates for the Liopleurodon:

..but, to be honest, I still prefer the WWD interpretation...  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

..due to my job, I have a few time to take proper images of new figures so they're accumulating in my "to-do pictures list"....  ::)

Here they are (thanks to my iPad):  ::)

All of them will be in my soft light box soon..

PhilSauria

In regard to the Liopleurodon colouration; it is pretty iconic and has probably propogated as much as it has onto as many figures as it has because it seems to suit this animal. I don't mind it. The grey one at the top of the three options you posted for alternatives was closest to the one that I saw in the book I mentioned earlier.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

..in the upper right corner there is an original grey Carnegie Allosaurus from 1988 that's quite hard to find..

( https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/41201319885/in/dateposted/ )

Nimravus

Congrats RobinGoodfellow! Your collection is magnificent!

Shonisaurus

You have a very complete collection Robin is like an art museum.

I congratulate you too. The gray allosaurus of Carnegie original also was very difficult for me to get it.

RobinGoodfellow

Daily Pics on DTF

Full Res Pictures & Info:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157661947027992/page1

;)

RobinGoodfellow

..some future works for Mr. Garratt..

^-^

Shonisaurus

By the way, Robin the photograph of the largest diplocaulus. What company is it? I like very much.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: