News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Daily Pics on DTF

Some of my old pictures...

Signature picture from 2015:

..and from 2016:

My shelves on 2015:

(My shelves are totally different now  ;) )

Battat Terra

Mortal Kombat:

Giants:

"Today In The Mail" shots:

Group Pictures:

"Brand" shots:

..and "Comparison" shots:

..it's a jump into the past... I hope you like it...

:)

PhilSauria

Thanks for sharing those with us Robin - fabulous pics of a fabulous collection. When I'm not collecting Sauropods I'm collecting Elephants and I'm so envious of that enormous Kaiyodo bull African Elephant. Out of my price range at the moment but if I ever won the lottery...(of course I'd have to buy a ticket first!). I do have a lot more of the figures in your photos now than when I first saw these images but I seem to have hit a brick wall in respect of acquiring any more (the insanity of international shipping rates!!!!) but I'm okay with what I have managed to fill my shelves with.

Do you still have all of these as I recall you mentioning at some point that you'd sold on some of your collection?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 09, 2018, 10:15:10 AM
Thanks for sharing those with us Robin - fabulous pics of a fabulous collection.

Do you still have all of these as I recall you mentioning at some point that you'd sold on some of your collection?

Thank you very much  ^-^

No, I never sold a single piece from my collection.
I still have more than 1500 figures (all of them are on Flickr)

PhilSauria

Okay, clearly I must be confusing you with another DTF member in regard to the downsizing.

That's quite an impressive tally to go along with the impressive range and quality of figures. A fairly comprehensive visual guide to the range of paleo figures available could be compiled from the images that you've posted over the years here, which I guess is what your thread constitutes. I know it's the one I check out if I want a good look at something that may come up on eBay or elsewhere as a potential purchase.

And by the way, I've been meaning to ask someone; how do you add those links along the bottom of the posts, to 'my collection', etc?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 09, 2018, 09:49:32 PM
A fairly comprehensive visual guide to the range of paleo figures available could be compiled from the images that you've posted over the years here, which I guess is what your thread constitutes.

And by the way, I've been meaning to ask someone; how do you add those links along the bottom of the posts, to 'my collection', etc?

Yes, it's what I'm trying to do; but not on this thread: the real "visual guide" is on Flickr.
All my pictures are classified (by brand, species, buying date etc..).

If a "brand" view is wanted, just see here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/collections/72157658671922655/

If a "classification" view is needed, click here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/collections/72157659171215903/

The "chronological order" view is here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/collections/72157701901250461/

The "reference guide" view is here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/collections/72157671773047567/

The "All Flickr Album" view is here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums

------------

You can add links to your posts by the Forum' menu' , under PROFILE / PROFILE INFO / MODIFY PROFILE / FORUM PROFILE

Shonisaurus

By the way Robin How many figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals and figures in general do you collect each year? I know you have many figures, but every year you must buy around 80 or 100 new prehistoric animals. On the other hand, your shelves are very well ordered, they are a luxury and a gift for the eyes, these beautiful photographs. Thanks Robin!  :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 10, 2018, 10:31:37 AM
By the way Robin How many figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals and figures in general do you collect each year? I know you have many figures, but every year you must buy around 80 or 100 new prehistoric animals.
More or less your number is right.
Now I'm slowing down because my wanted-list is almost complete.. and storage space is running out fast..  ;D

RobinGoodfellow

The best model in my collection 'til now: Eoraptor Hunting Eomaia (1:1) / Sculpted by Sean Cooper / Painted by Martin Garratt

(HDR picture)

It's an Urzeitshop' exclusive:

For sure it's not a small diorama; but it's not even as big as I imagined before ordering..

More pictures from Marilyn (Mr. Garratt' assistant):

A real gem.  8)

A review from Urzeitshop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnCGJG1Sj48

Microraptor from my collection:

..and from predator to prey..

Full Res Pics & INFO here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157703464545105/with/40656788051/

ceratopsian

The Urzeit exclusive is a true gem.  A miracle of balance too - the pose is so dynamic.

Shonisaurus

The microraptor and eomaia purchased at urzeitshop.de is a major paleoartistic work. As always Martin Garratt has improved the figure of that set that contains one of the most rare scientific feathered dinosaurs. The eomaia is a lovely mammal. I feel a great weakness and affection for rats and mice and although the eimaia is obviously not a rodent itself reminds me of those endearing animals that are rats.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That Hunting Microraptor diorama sculpture is an absolutely stunning piece. Congrats on your fantastic piece.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fenestra

The Microraptor is absolutely stunning.
I'm so jelly!  ;D
What a great idea from Urzeitshop to sell this piece of art in different paint schemes.
Congratulations.

RobinGoodfellow

..a packaging day: finally all ready to be sent to Mr. Garratt..

( Lone Trike Borealopelta / Rhino Purussaurus / Bullyland Protochirotherium / Tamiya "Vintage" Triceratops / Tamiya Brachiosaurus )

^-^

Mackeral

I am really curious how the Purussaurus & Stupendemys will look after the paintup by M.Garratt.
Congrats on the Microraptor btw, stunning  :)

Shonisaurus

I am fascinated by a protochirotherium repainted by Martin Garratt. I wish you the best of luck possible with your figures Robin you deserve it.

Libraraptor

I am especially looking forward to what Mr.Garratt does with 'my ' figure discovery , the Bullyland Protochirotherium.  I'll also show it to Ms. Bickel from the Wolfhagen museum.

RobinGoodfellow

Thanks for the comments.
I know that Mr. Garratt is quite busy these months.
So probably I'll show the new figures on DTF in late December/January...
I just can't wait.

RobinGoodfellow

..in the meantime some images about a new figure in my collection: Sean Cooper Paraceratherium (1:40) / Painted by Martin Garratt for Urzeitshop

(pictures credits @ Urzeitshop )

More pictures soon..

_

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: