You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Thanks to all  ^-^

My GR Toys Carcha is the blu version.
The color scheme is really beautiful but the quality control is just meh..
My copy has problems with closed jaws and I had to refine the left eye because it was unpainted  >:(
Even my GR Toys Red Spinosaurus had the same issue.  :(
I also have the PNSO Carcha but unfortunately I have really few time to take new pictures because of my job..

M-See statues are always great.
The only problem is the fact that all of them are limited editions and sold-out very fast.
At Wonderfest M-See presented a wonderful Tupandactylus; I wasn't able to pre-order a copy because it was sold-out just the next day...  :'(
And after the first release, scalpers re-sell them for crazy prices.

CollectA Mamenchi was framed from a low angle with a wide angle lens to match the background (my trustworthy tripod did all the dirty job instead of me..  ;) ).

Regards
:)

Justin_

What is the base the GR Carcha is on? Is it meant for a marine creature as those spirals look like some kind of mollusc shells?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Justin_ on June 26, 2021, 09:20:40 AM
What is the base the GR Carcha is on? Is it meant for a marine creature as those spirals look like some kind of mollusc shells?

..a generic, unbranded pvc base from Aliexpress..

SidB

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 26, 2021, 10:34:45 AM

A useful product, I have one myself.

thedeadlymoose

Quote from: SidB on June 26, 2021, 01:08:35 PM

Where can one of these be acquired?  :)

SidB

Quote from: thedeadlymoose on June 27, 2021, 01:01:08 AM

There are/were several (3-5) different types of these bases available on Aliexpress last year from a couple of retailers. Check out their vendors for "dinosaur base" , "platform", "toy base" and so on ... perhaps something is still available.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: thedeadlymoose on June 27, 2021, 01:01:08 AM

If you are from EU, be careful.
From July 1 2021 EVERY item from outside EU needs an import declaration for Customs.
It will be checked and taxed.
Buying from China will be more expensive.
And items without a (legit) CE logo could be rejected.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex:32019R1020

SidB

La-na-time Shop on eBay has 5 types for sale - under 'platforms'. Shipping 2.99 USD

Shonisaurus

What a luxury of acquisitions! The blue carcharodontosaurus from GR Toys is for me one of the most interesting, I ask you a question Robin Do you suffer from stability problems like many theropods of PNSO? Honestly as that figure is painted it is a waste of time and money to hire a figure repaint artist. It is the painting that all dinosaurs and prehistoric animals should have beautiful and well done and at a fairly reduced price, taking into account the quality of the product in terms of painting and sculpture, it would have to cost double the price.

Also nyctosaurus M-see is impressive, but that is obviously resin and the resin is black leg in terms of material.

In terms of cyclops it is very beautiful I suppose it will be vinyl or resin.

The one that interests me most of all is the mamenchisaurus since it is one of the very few figures that I have ordered in a local store in my country and I am waiting to receive it. You are an artist in the photographic subject that photo of the mamenchisaurus enhances the beauty of that PVC figure and doubles its beauty.

ceratopsian

M-See's Nyctosaurus is wonderful, an absolute gem.  I'm kicking myself that I decided against ordering this.  I didn't realise it's quite petite and was worried about it breaking where the wing slots into the sea.  Now I have his Pteranodon I realise how incredibly light his pterosaurs are!

The Mamenichisaurus shot is inspired.  Works superbly.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 29, 2021, 11:59:55 AM
(...) The blue carcharodontosaurus from GR Toys is for me one of the most interesting, I ask you a question Robin Do you suffer from stability problems like many theropods of PNSO? (...)

The Carcharodontosaurus is brand new and it's stable until now.
But PVC is not a good material (speaking about durability) and it can suffer from warping during time.
Who knows....

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisitions

..I really hope you'll like these new video presentations..  ^-^

PNSO Tarbosaurus

https://flic.kr/p/2m9sRMi

PNSO Yutyrannus

https://flic.kr/p/2m9BWZT

PNSO Torvosaurus

https://flic.kr/p/2m9AnnZ

PNSO Stegosaurus & Calf

https://flic.kr/p/2m9sTFJ

Evolution of Man (Unbranded from China)

https://flic.kr/p/2m9xDB7

Flickr Video Album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157719482406479/with/51283756950/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think: is it better a still picture or a video ?  ???

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kapitaenosavrvs

I think this is a wonderful Idea to show the Figures and if you like doing that right now, i would say do it. These Videos are also high Quality like your Photos and i guess you will still take Pictures aswell, so there is a mix of your used Media here in the Future. Looks great.

At first it looked different because of the colder colours, but i really like the Idea. Also its a good to see Hans(? :D I forgot his Nickname) in the Videos aswell.

If i could wish for something, i would wish for a complete PNSO 2020/21 Lineup (Picture), since i believe you have all of the PVC Versions so far. This must be an impressive look. But with new Figures every Week, this can get difficult i would say :D

ceratopsian

I found the videos helpful. They give an excellent 3D impression of each model. It's more like seeing something in a physical shop. But I don't want them to replace your photos. I enjoy the artistry of how you play with light, colour and space.

RobinGoodfellow

I am really interested in different opinions.
Thank you very much.

RobinGoodfellow

My next goal will be video presentations with same colors as stills.
For video I'm using a brand new 6K pro camera with raw files.
Videos are high quality but even heavy to handle with my current home computer.
So I'm waiting for Apple to release new Mac M2 (probably on November 2021) to be able to do color-correction with DaVinci Resolve on 6K raw video files.
(..now I'm using my new camera with an HD preset that my current Mac can handle, without post-production..)
We will see..   ::)

Lanthanotus

While I generally like the idea I also find the colors and light in your photos more vibrant and lively.

Also, I personally find it uncomfortable to change to another site to watch the movies. Is it possible to embed them here as the Youtube videos?

On the other hand I like it that there's a full turn on the figure, showing all angles from a certain perspektive.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 03, 2021, 12:02:24 PM
While I generally like the idea I also find the colors and light in your photos more vibrant and lively.
I agree with you.
I tried to explain the reason behind that in the upper post (reply 2623).
I'll fix the situation with a new M2 MacBookPro when available.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 03, 2021, 12:02:24 PM
Also, I personally find it uncomfortable to change to another site to watch the movies. Is it possible to embed them here as the Youtube videos?
I tried to embed but apparently the forum doesn't support Flickr' video.
If someone knows a way to embed video from Flickr, it would be great.
(..really sorry but I don't like Youtube for that..)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: