News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

..and thanks to all of you for the very kind words: really appreciated.

New pictures will follow soon.

Regards
^-^

RobinGoodfellow

..new acquisitions (and new pictures to take when my home studio will be finished)..  ;)

:)

Shonisaurus

What a rush it has given me to see all your new acquisitions! I thought you already had the hyaenodon from Safari. How lucky you are to have the Rebor smilodon, it must be precious.
You have the baryonyx and triceratops from Nanmu and the iguanodon from PNSO among other figures. The pteranodon Collecta looks immense, I am not aware of it and I have it in my collection. Well, I ignore the rest of the figures, what a beginning of the year. I congratulate you and I am happy for you.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 05, 2022, 08:19:41 AM
(..) I thought you already had the hyaenodon from Safari. How lucky you are to have the Rebor smilodon, it must be precious.

Hello Shonisaurus, Happy 2022  ^-^

In the picture there is MojoFun Hyaenodon.
It's the striped version I didn't have:

Late 2017/2018

There is also the limited edition Memory Museum (by Sean Cooper) 1:15 Smilodon (Forest Version):

The Rebor one is " Club Selection: Meta the Hatchling Deinosuchus / Estuary " : I don't know if it could match as Deinosuchus but it's very realistic as a modern crocodile' hatchling (the main reason why I bought it..  ;) ).

Regards

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the info. What two gaffes I've made! I have confused two figures with others that are diametrically different, when it comes to brands.

RobinGoodfellow

During last Holydays, I spent some time on my scanner, saving old photos and some vintage paleo-art from aging.
And I realized that there was a real watershed in perception about prehistory.
At least for me (and maybe for my generation).
Even more than Spielberg' Jurassic Park movie, it was BBC Walking with Dinosaurs.
Nowadays pictures like these seem "normal":

Those are "real" animals in a real enviroment.

It's not about realistic computer-generated dinosaurs.
For me it's all about scenario.

As a child, my idea about prehistory was a sort of wonderland, a "distant" land with saturated skies, erupting volcanoes and strange, "alien" forests..
Something like this:

The first time I saw BBC WWD, it was a shock for me.
It was all about the scenario.

I suppose that old depictions about prehistory came from 1940 Disney' Fantasia "The Rite of Spring":

Probably the first image I saw as a kid about prehistory is this one:

It's from 1965 Disney' Primeval World Park.

A dark sky, an effect light, an "alien" forest: it's all about that.

And from the same Park, I loved these ones (expecially the last..) :

Probably everyone knows Disney' Primeval World; if not, here a video:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/51750056677/in/album-72157658952490681/

And perhaps the ancestral image of Edaphosaurs could suggest you something else  ;) :   

At the time, movies had the same "visualization" about prehistory:

(1975)

These are the images of prehistory with which I grew up (and still in my collection and in my mind..):

(1976)

This type of imagery linked to prehistory also remained in the eighties:

Then, on 1999, Walking with Dinosaurs changed everything:

^-^

(Full Res Pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658952490681/with/30827601343/ )

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you very very much for this wonderful Post.

QuoteFor me it's all about scenario.

This is the most important thing to me. Maybe sometimes i would say, atmosphere is the most important thing to me, but Scenario and Atmosphere are quite.. familiar with each other i would say :D

I grew up in another time than you and with other prehistoric Pictures and Worlds. But the classic stuff was always there and i loved a lot of it.
Thanks for the collection of great pictures and paintings.

Oh. I had the Invicta Poster in my Room as a Child. I always had the urge to touch the Back of the Trike, because of the structure on its back :D must be hours upon hours i was comparing Dinosaurs from books to the ones on the Poster. And with other Figures (And Invictas of course). And so on. Great. Thanks for this short trip back in time.

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the post. You have made me remember the best years of my life, when I was little. I see that you are my age so you have had feelings similar to mine regarding dinosaurs and for me Disney Fantasy to give an example, when I was four or five years old it was a before and after my life since since then I loved dinosaurs and the world of prehistory.

The prehistory book you mention is from my childhood days and I grew up with it too. I remember that cover with the triceratops, unfortunately the entire collection of books that made up that series along with the book that you have shown was given to the son of the buyer from my parents' apartment along with all the vintage dinosaur books.

Indeed, I agree with you, the WWD series was a before and after paleontology together with JP.

RobinGoodfellow

As visible in this thread, I love retro dinosaurs.
And lots of Schleich figures have (totally unintentional) retro-vibes..  ;)

Schleich (2021) Mosasaurus exposition in a Victorian Gallery:  ;)

..and at my home..

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157720225881046/with/51814633389/

ceratopsian

The "Victorian Gallery" is beautifully done.  Very well judged!

Bokisaurus

Just catching up now that I'm feeling better.
Really enjoyed looking at your photos from the past as well as these artwork!
They really are something to look at and makes one really appreciate just how far we have come.
I wish I still had some of my old postcards.

Really excited to see you back posting again, it's collection thread like your and others that really is what I frequent these days... just beautiful photos of models, excitement and appreciation.
No drama 🤣 cheers!

Shonisaurus

You have not published in the DTF for months, it is honestly exciting to see your new addictions to your collection. On the other hand, you are great at photographing your figures (you even explain it in a forum thread on how to photograph dinosaur figures). What memories all those retro drawings of the prehistoric world bring back to me. On the other hand, my congratulations for having acquired that great iguanodon from PNSO.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 12, 2022, 05:10:22 AM
They really are something to look at and makes one really appreciate just how far we have come.

Really excited to see you back posting again, it's collection thread like your and others that really is what I frequent these days... just beautiful photos of models, excitement and appreciation.
No drama 🤣 cheers!

Wishing you a fast recovery and all the best.
And I totally agree with you: on my opinion DTF needs more "postsaurischian thread" and less drama.
Kind Regards
^-^

Libraraptor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 12, 2022, 01:34:26 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 12, 2022, 05:10:22 AM
They really are something to look at and makes one really appreciate just  how far we have come.

No drama 🤣 cheers!

Wishing you a fast recovery and all the best.
And I totally agree with you: on my opinion DTF needs more "postsaurischian thread" and less drama.
Kind Regards
^-^

Absolutely, I totally agree  :) As long as there is space, too, for my often badly photographed and quirky stuff  ;D

Seriously, the collection threads and the Recent Acquisition thread are the ones I am visiting most. We need much less drama here on the forum ^-^

Duna

RobinGoodfellow

Another book from my young age I turned into digital during Holydays..  ;)

It's called "Viaggio nella Preistoria" (A Voyage into Prehistory), it's from 1977 and it's more a booklet than a real book.
I was fascinated by its illustrations.
They are taken from an old movie (1955) "Journey to the Beginning of Time" by Karel Zeman.
If you don't know the movie, it's a sort of "documentary" about a time-traveller group of boys..
It was really accurate for the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ySM9b-93I

The book:

(Front & Rear Cover)

Illustrations:

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72177720295627036/with/51789975414/

RobinGoodfellow

PNSO Late 2021 Museum Line Triceratops (Torosaurus ??) :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157667322973960/with/51833926474/

p.s: Styracosaurus is on its way to my home right now;  I have the full PNSO line in my collection (with the exception of busts and bronzes)..

_

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: