News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, what a piece. Wonderful. It is great and kind of weird, because i am not used to it, seeing so realistic Life sized Statues of Dinosaurs more and more. Lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

Python

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Python on December 05, 2021, 09:50:50 PM
I like the Hamipterus, what scale is it?

P @Python :

It's really hard to tell.
As I wrote, the figure comes totally anonymous in a plastic bag.
I'm not really sure it's an Hamipterus.
After my post, I saw reviewers over the web calling it "Hamipterus" but it was only an interpretation from me based on some chinese illustrations..

So, if it's really an Hamipterus, the animal had a 30/40 cm head and a wingspan of 3,5 mt.
The model has roughly a 6cm head and a single wing of 25cm (= wingspan 50cm ).
The scale could be around 1:7 (more or less).
But this is not the totally right way to determinate scale so take it as it is...

Regards

:)

RobinGoodfellow

..Are you an Harryhausen' fan ? ...  I am..  ;)

"One Million Years B.C"

So, from Star Ace/ X-Plus, Ceratosaurs VS Triceratops:

Triceratops is a vinyl figure while Ceratosaurus is a polyresin statue

( picture before compositing )

Full Res 5K Pic here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/51735904844/in/album-72157655286402005/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/51735826553/in/album-72157655286402005/

Duna

Wow! They are incredibly cool! Congrats, those are a piece of paleohistory. The triceratops is my favourite.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, the triceratops is very beautiful but my favorite in this case is the ceratosaurus. These images remind me nostalgically of my childhood and youth. You have beautiful figures.

By the way, where do you sell those sculpture beauties out of curiosity?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 10, 2021, 08:31:10 PM
These images remind me nostalgically of my childhood and youth.

Hello Shonisaurus,
We are close in age so my feelings are the same..

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 10, 2021, 08:31:10 PM
By the way, where do you sell those sculpture beauties out of curiosity?

Did you mean where I bought the figures?
If so, they are from Sideshow USA.
But they are also available at StarAce HK directly.
(Ceratosaurus is a resin statue / Triceratops is vinyl )

Regards

Grimbeard

Stunningly beautiful models, all all them. I love Harryhousen works, ESPECIALLY One Million Years B.C and these models do his work so much justice. Even Loana and Tumak avoid the uncanny valley factory so many human figures hit.

One thing I really appriciate about good vintage /vintage inspired dinosaur depictions is how they make the animals feel and look alive, despite the outdated postures/general lifestyle depictions. I think a big part comes from how they avoid shrinkwrapping and give the animal proper amounts soft tissue, unlike some of the skeletons-with-skin from the 80/90s and up to the 00s.

RobinGoodfellow

Today it's about something slighltly different..
During Holydays I found my old collection of prehistoric-park themed pictures.
All pictures, taken with an old russian Zenith 35mm camera or with a Minox one (I bet that those names say nothing to younger generations) are from 1976-1978.
I was a child.
Due to age, pictures were faded in colors and damaged..

So, I used a scanner and a restoration software to give images a new life (or sort of.. )

ù

Even a restoration software can't do miracles if a damage is too deep but I'm quite satisfied with the final result.
Of course it's a real time travel to old dinosaurs depictions (from seventies).
I hope you'll like it..

Parco Zoo della Preistoria Rivolta D'Adda (Italy)

(Full Res Pics herehttps://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72177720295364153/with/51776710064/  )

Parco Zoo del Garda (Italy)

(Full Res Pics herehttps://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72177720295364060/with/51757117225/  )

That's why I love vintage dinos...  ;)

Regards

Duna

Wow! I love retro dino sculptures, too!  ^-^
I recognised perfect replicas of Burian's tyrannosaurus, anatosaurus and iguanodon. Are the figures still there, today?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Duna on December 30, 2021, 10:46:21 AM
Wow! I love retro dino sculptures, too!  ^-^
I recognised perfect replicas of Burian's tyrannosaurus, anatosaurus and iguanodon. Are the figures still there, today?

Both parks still exist but not all statues are still there: some of them had been replaced with new depictions, some had been seriously damaged by time and weather.

Duna

ceratopsian

I very much enjoyed looking at these. Italy was very well supplied with prehistoric parks. I don't remember anything similar in England, other than the Crystal Palace statues ( too far away for me to visit).

Dusty Wren

Thank you so much for posting these, they're amazing. I love each and every one of these chubby retrosaurs.

Also, gotta say, you were a good photographer even when you were a kid. That image of the plesiosaurs is striking with the way the trees frame the lake.
Check out my customs thread!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dusty Wren on December 30, 2021, 10:32:37 PM

Also, gotta say, you were a good photographer even when you were a kid. That image of the plesiosaurs is striking with the way the trees frame the lake.

I thought that too avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren!  Some talents are inborn I think!

Psittacoraptor

Thank you so much for sharing these! That must have been a wonderful place to visit as a kid (and as an adult, of course). I just googled the place, and it's still open.

Crackington

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 30, 2021, 09:58:41 PM
I very much enjoyed looking at these. Italy was very well supplied with prehistoric parks. I don't remember anything similar in England, other than the Crystal Palace statues ( too far away for me to visit).

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  - I think Knebworth House, Hertfordshire (where they had big rock concerts like Oasis in the past), has some fine large prehistoric animals in its grounds. At least it did when we visited about 10 years ago. It's not too far from you and is worth a visit assuming they still have them.

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow - brilliant photos thanks for sharing, as well as photos of the Ray Harryhausen models. Marvellous!

Shonisaurus

Thanks for sharing those photos. I am deeply passionate about retro figures of prehistoric animals.

ceratopsian

avatar_Crackington @Crackington - thank you!  I just checked and it is still there.  We are indeed not far away and my husband likes visiting gardens.  Not sure I qualify as a "younger visitor" but it sounds fun.  Will wait till schools are back...  Thank you too RobinGoodfellow for sparking this conversation.

Quote from: Crackington on January 02, 2022, 04:43:16 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on December 30, 2021, 09:58:41 PM

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  - I think Knebworth House, Hertfordshire (where they had big rock concerts like Oasis in the past), has some fine large prehistoric animals in its grounds. At least it did when we visited about 10 years ago. It's not too far from you and is worth a visit assuming they still have them.

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow - brilliant photos thanks for sharing, as well as photos of the Ray Harryhausen models. Marvellous!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: