News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

So... I'm about to totally nerd out.

Started by DarkPhantom, May 06, 2015, 04:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkPhantom

I just ordered this from ebay:

My wife doesn't understand, but I'm grinning like an idiot.  ;D

Takama

DarkPhantom

Yes. I just ordered a Ford Explorer that I plan to paint to go with it.

Takama

I been looking for one in the Stores. Im Upping the Scale of my line of dinosaurs to match that of 1:32 Cars like this.

DarkPhantom

It's actually a 1:43 scale. I got mine on ebay for under $12.

DarkPhantom

I saw that the Papo t-Rex, triceratops, and stegosaurus are all 1:40, so I figured if the vehicles are 1:43, it just helps to add the size of the dinosaurs.

I've got a Land Rover coming, and I'm bidding on a Mercedes SUV to make a custom park vehicle, and The Lost World truck, respectively.

Takama

Im not sure if the 1:43 scale listing is accurate. At least its not listed on Jadas Website as a Scale. Of course this could be something new. Either way I have my eye on this Model Vehicle

Dinomike

Quote from: DarkPhantom on May 06, 2015, 04:13:19 AM
I just ordered this from ebay:

My wife doesn't understand, but I'm grinning like an idiot.  ;D

I totally understand you! I love that Jeep! I got the original JP version toy but that one's even cooler. Now you just need a Papo brachiosaurus, green meadow with a lake view and you can totally re-live the famous Welcome to Jurassic Park scene! :D
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

There are two diecast sizes from what I understand and one larger RC version of the Jeep.

You may want to hold off on customs and see if Jada makes more..they said awhile back in a press release they have the license for all four films. ;)

DarkPhantom

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 06, 2015, 06:43:57 AM
...they said awhile back in a press release they have the license for all four films. ;)

Ooh, more to come! EBay had a 3 pack of different JP and JW vehicles in the same size for like $30. If I hadn't already bought the die casts I would wait, but they are already in the way.

Either way, I hope this project looks OK with the Jeep!

I'm making a custom scene that's a variant of the first film. Different colors on the Rex, and a few others added in. :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: DarkPhantom on May 06, 2015, 04:57:12 AM
I saw that the Papo t-Rex, triceratops, and stegosaurus are all 1:40, .......

Actually these Papo figures are more like 1:35 ;).

DarkPhantom

Oh, well, at least the Rex will look bigger lol.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DarkPhantom on May 06, 2015, 06:58:18 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 06, 2015, 06:43:57 AM
...they said awhile back in a press release they have the license for all four films. ;)

Ooh, more to come! EBay had a 3 pack of different JP and JW vehicles in the same size for like $30. If I hadn't already bought the die casts I would wait, but they are already in the way.

Either way, I hope this project looks OK with the Jeep!

I'm making a custom scene that's a variant of the first film. Different colors on the Rex, and a few others added in. :)

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!

DarkPhantom

I just got my Explorer in the mail. It's currently in pieces and I'm painting the body. I'll post a time lapse once I get it finished.

Also which paint I use and a template for the decals. That way if you want to make one, you don't have to pay the $130 these things are going for on eBay.

DarkPhantom

eBay says the Jeep should be here by the 13th. My house and shop are going to be a crazy place to be lol.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.