News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Australian Age of Dinosaurs from Minizoo

Started by triceratops83, May 12, 2015, 02:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovu

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 08, 2016, 03:54:03 PM
Quote from: Kovu on March 08, 2016, 04:19:44 AM
Did anybody order more than one? I'm just curious if you save on shipping when ordering multiple, cause if so, I'll just wait for the Minmi and Muttaburasaurus and order all three together...

Oh, and to answer your question, Kovu, I ordered 3 because the shipping cost doesn't change until you get to 4. I'm sending the two extras to forum members, so we're all saving money. The way I see it, buying big right out of the gate is the best way to guarantee that Minmi and Muttaburrasaurus see the light of day!

Thanks! And true... are the Muttabura, Minmi and Diamantina set in stone or just possible at this point?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Kovu on March 08, 2016, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 08, 2016, 03:54:03 PM
Quote from: Kovu on March 08, 2016, 04:19:44 AM
Did anybody order more than one? I'm just curious if you save on shipping when ordering multiple, cause if so, I'll just wait for the Minmi and Muttaburasaurus and order all three together...

Oh, and to answer your question, Kovu, I ordered 3 because the shipping cost doesn't change until you get to 4. I'm sending the two extras to forum members, so we're all saving money. The way I see it, buying big right out of the gate is the best way to guarantee that Minmi and Muttaburrasaurus see the light of day!

Thanks! And true... are the Muttabura, Minmi and Diamantina set in stone or just possible at this point?

I don't think anybody knows that for sure, but they've put out many sets of 4 figures before now, like their pewter figurines. I'd be surprised if the other three didn't come out before long.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Still not available at Minizoo... Hopefully they get some in stock before it's all sold out! :-/

empire3569

My Banjo just came in, and I must say I am blown away! The sculpting is phenomenal, it looks so much better in hand than in any of the promo photos I've seen for it. The paint app is very nice as well (except the eyes, which need a little touching up to make them smaller), with different shades of browns/reds and the dark black spots for accents. And it stands so well with no balancing issues (hint hint Rebor...) Seriously, to anyone who has been on the fence about this, GET IT! Easily has the same if not better sculpting and detail than a Papo/Rebor, plus it's a unique species. I really hope they start to release more of this line, in the same scale, and soon.

Roselaar

Contacted MiniZoo about this figure. They're trying to get this figure in stock, but so far to little avail. Do not expect to see it up there soon...

Sucks for me, means I have to try my luck at eBay... :-/

empire3569

Ok so some big news I found out about this line (I don't believe it has been said already, so forgive me if I am wrong and this is repeated info), but the next figure released will be Diamantinasaurus "Matilda", followed by Muttaburrasaurus and then lastly Minmi. I know someone already confirmed these were the next three, but this is the confirmed order from AAOD. And lastly, which is probably the most exciting, the entire Series 1 figures will all be in scale together at 1:24!!! Hopefully the larger pieces won't be too much more than Banjo. They also said no confirmed release date for Matilda, but it will be in 2016

postsaurischian

Quote from: empire3569 on March 22, 2016, 02:32:03 PM
....... the next figure released will be Diamantinasaurus "Matilda", ....... . And ....... the entire Series 1 figures will all be in scale together at 1:24!!!

:o :D Cool news! This means "Mathilda" will be about 65 cm long. Stunning! Can't wait for the first previews.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 22, 2016, 02:46:24 PM
Quote from: empire3569 on March 22, 2016, 02:32:03 PM
....... the next figure released will be Diamantinasaurus "Matilda", ....... . And ....... the entire Series 1 figures will all be in scale together at 1:24!!!

:o :D Cool news! This means "Mathilda" will be about 65 cm long. Stunning! Can't wait for the first previews.

I wonder if they'll go smaller with a 1:1 juvenile?

I'll get it either way..great to have some Australian species.  I'd like to get a better like this of Japanese dinosaurs as well.

Roselaar

A 65 cm Diamantinasaurus? Sounds awesome, but a little unlikely. I hope it turns out true, even though that's probably quite expensive to get at the other side of the globe...

empire3569

Quote from: Roselaar on March 22, 2016, 09:13:52 PM
A 65 cm Diamantinasaurus? Sounds awesome, but a little unlikely. I hope it turns out true, even though that's probably quite expensive to get at the other side of the globe...

I emailed AAOD directly and they told me all models for this series would be in scale, so I'm hopeful. I mean it would be similar in size to the battat diplodocus right? And they could curl the neck and /or tail to save length, like the battat. I agree though, could be a little more expensive than banjo

Daspletodave

Well my Banjo arrived today, and I am very impressed. Super sculpt, awesome pose, and he stands on his own two feet. Looking forward to the next 3 models in this series!

Halichoeres

A 1:24 titanosaur? Not sure where I'll put it, but sign me up. I have to say I'm surprised they're making them to scale--not only will Diamantinasaurus be huge, but Minmi will be tiny--like the size of a capsule figure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

postsaurischian

Quote from: empire3569 on March 22, 2016, 10:38:03 PM
....... they could curl the neck and /or tail to save length, like the battat. .......

Of course! It should be waltzing ;D.

Halichoeres

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 22, 2016, 11:11:07 PM
Quote from: empire3569 on March 22, 2016, 10:38:03 PM
....... they could curl the neck and /or tail to save length, like the battat. .......

Of course! It should be waltzing ;D.

Ha! I see what you did there.

Fluffysaurus

Well they are not very replying at aaod are they, i want a banjo. But somehow they cant find the reply button. :(
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

terrorchicken

I really wish a US store would stock these, a whole line of dinosaurs from the same geographical region and to scale is something Ive always wanted!

Fluffysaurus

I asked Urzeitshop for it and he has contacted Aaod. So here is Some Hoping. A small update, she said he will be send to museum services manager. She is happy Banjo is popular and more will follow soon.
Thats amaaaaaziiiing :D
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

stargatedalek

Here's hoping they don't package the titanosaur assembled, I don't mean like a model kit type un-assembled but I mean maybe have the neck and tail detach for packaging.

empire3569

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 25, 2016, 01:54:37 PM
Here's hoping they don't package the titanosaur assembled, I don't mean like a model kit type un-assembled but I mean maybe have the neck and tail detach for packaging.

Oh, I would hope it is assembled, that way there aren't any obvious seam lines where the pieces fit together. Banjo has very discrete seams, and i'm hoping the rest of line does as well

postsaurischian

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: