News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Australian Age of Dinosaurs from Minizoo

Started by triceratops83, May 12, 2015, 02:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

It's not that hard to make a model with some consumer assembly look seamless.

I'd much rather have a model in a natural pose with some minor seams than a model with outrageous shipping prices and huge wasting of packing materials, or an exaggerated pose.

Daspletodave

I doubt very much that the entire line will be 1:24 scale. A titanosaur in that scale would be huge, expensive, and unmarketable.
My guess is that all the models will come in the same size box, for easier stacking and display.
I'm really looking forward to the Minmi and Muttaburrasaurus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Daspletodave on March 26, 2016, 12:32:07 PM
I doubt very much that the entire line will be 1:24 scale. A titanosaur in that scale would be huge, expensive, and unmarketable.
My guess is that all the models will come in the same size box, for easier stacking and display.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if whoever at AAOD said they would be at the same scale actually meant they would all be around the same size, an imprecise but common usage of the word "scale."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoLord

If it were packaged like the vinyl Sega 1/20 prize figures the box could actually be a very reasonable size. The box for the Sega 1/20 T. rex issue is no longer than a foot in length; I think splitting it up into pieces could enable a similar-sized box for a titanosaur.

Fluffysaurus

Wonder if they ever will be fore sale outside the museum  dont like it they respond so very slow. I just want a banjo but i dont have a creditcard. That isnt bad, right?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not bad at all.   I dont have one either, a teacher I had in high school told us, " never get involved with them" so far I never have.  My paypal account is hooked to my bank account though that might work for payment for them. Or at least maybe to another member that might help to get it?

postsaurischian

AAoD unfortunately don't accept Paypal anymore. They did last year, but not anymore.
Also Minizoo do not seem to be offering the line, which is strange, because when we started this thread it was all advertised by them.

As Blade wrote, you should contact one of our Australian members or someone with a credit card might help you.

For someone like me, who loves spending money on beautiful things, it's better not to have a credit card :).

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 26, 2016, 06:05:06 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if whoever at AAOD said they would be at the same scale actually meant they would all be around the same size, an imprecise but common usage of the word "scale."

Hm, we're talking about Diamantinasaurus matildae, which was about 16 m long.
This means the figure should be about 66 cm long (about the length of the Carnegie Diplodocus) - not soo huge, I'd say.
Go for it, AAoD :)!!

Fluffysaurus

No paypal and no shipping to the netherlands. Found another email adress. so emailed to that adress. Hope they will respond to that. No Paypal indeed, but Thankyou for pafferig blade. That is very kind. The first time around they responded to that couple weeks later. Second time i asked about paypal they gave me a nonsense respons that didnt have to do with my question. Third they didnt respond because they got flushed out. Also asked Minizoo about Banjo. Same thing they didnt respond. For all the positive reviews about the kind museum must be hoven by their own employees. Hope the other email adress will respond with kindness.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

terrorchicken

its just weird that Mini Zoo would make a big announcement about these figures and then not actually have them available at their site. :/

Roselaar

Also haven't heard back from Minizoo yet. Their rep said they're aiming to get the figure in stock, but they just failed to make it happen, so far. Hope that will change soon. I'd hate to miss out on this beauty...

Fluffysaurus

I think its also very rude for a museum to not respond at all. Its a dinosaur museum but wont respond to dinosaur fans. Shall we start opration spread banjo? :P asked minizoo too, they still havent got a awnser. As did i and as did Urzeitshop.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

triceratops83

If anyone's keen on getting a Banjo, just let me know, I'd be glad to help out. I have no idea how much postage would be to the other hemispheres, so you'll have to bear with me - I'd try to keep it as cheap as possible. If a few of you let me know soon, I can order a bunch together. I haven't a clue how many they have in stock, though. That's one of the best things about Minizoo - they show how much of each figure they currently have in stock. So, yeah, it'll be good when Minizoo finally gets these in...

Also for those that don't have credit cards, do what I do and get a debit card. You can use it as a credit card online but it's just what you have in your account. You don't get into any debt - it's great.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Halichoeres

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 04, 2016, 05:06:58 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 26, 2016, 06:05:06 PM

Hm, we're talking about Diamantinasaurus matildae, which was about 16 m long.
This means the figure should be about 66 cm long (about the length of the Carnegie Diplodocus) - not soo huge, I'd say.
Go for it, AAoD :)!!

You could be right! I'll buy it either way if it's similar in quality to Banjo.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

MiniZoo

Hi all, I have been away from the forum for a few months and apologise for not updating sooner.

After doing a lot of promotional work for AAoD in the lead up to the release of Banjo I'm disappointed to advise that, despite many recent attempts on our part to contact them, we have not had any response whatsoever this year (and no explanation as to why). I've therefore had to conclude that we will not be stocking AAoD products.

I realise that many on the forum here have been waiting for more info and I have been holding off making this statement in the hope that I'd have some positive news.

I believe that you can purchase Banjo directly from AaoD's own website.

Regards,
Jason

triceratops83

Either way Minizoo, thanks for promoting the line, without you no one would have even heard of the AAOD Banjo.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Sim

Quote from: triceratops83 on April 08, 2016, 02:16:18 PM
Either way Minizoo, thanks for promoting the line, without you no one would have even heard of the AAOD Banjo.

Yes, thanks MiniZoo!

Fluffysaurus

I have Some Excellent news, Yes!!!
First Some other dinosaur news but!! Watch untill the end!!!
http://youtu.be/lqT2EQ1g75I
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Halichoeres

Quote from: MiniZoo on April 08, 2016, 02:10:58 PM
Hi all, I have been away from the forum for a few months and apologise for not updating sooner.

After doing a lot of promotional work for AAoD in the lead up to the release of Banjo I'm disappointed to advise that, despite many recent attempts on our part to contact them, we have not had any response whatsoever this year (and no explanation as to why). I've therefore had to conclude that we will not be stocking AAoD products.

I realise that many on the forum here have been waiting for more info and I have been holding off making this statement in the hope that I'd have some positive news.

I believe that you can purchase Banjo directly from AaoD's own website.

Regards,
Jason

Sorry to hear that, Minizoo; let me join others in thanking you for alerting us to the existence of these figures.

Fluffysaurus

Thats true, Thankyou minizoo. Im just happy i will have it soon from another store. Cant wait to find out about the other upcoming models.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: