News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

deanm Collection 2.0

Started by deanm, May 22, 2015, 02:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanm

So it has been awhile and a move later since my last few photos. 

Not all of the collection. Still a few more boxes (my JP pterosaurs and a few others are in those boxes). Once everything is out and about I will add the JP pterosaurs etc.

So marching down through the pterosaurs. Loosely organized by family, genus. Some accommodations for space and organization. Please forgive my "assignments" if they seem out of place at times.

Scroll through and enjoy. 

I owe a number of the members here on the board a big "Thanks" for all of their help/trades/sales etc.

Pterosaurs remain my favourite!  I am still enamored by them to this day.

A few of the recent ones are missing - I will be adding those over the next few months. The really scary thing is that I have another 40-60 cheap china sour pteranodons I did not put out (as many of them look like one already displayed - just slightly bigger or smaller, etc).

this thread will be updated as time permits - thanks to photobucket...

SBell

Looks like Ikea has come to the rescue again! The newer Billy models are good shelves. But it is disturbing to see so much free space in your shelves...someday I will update my photos, once I am finished tearing down and building up again.

deanm

I did the cost build ratio calculations and Ikea won.  The Billy bookcases with glass doors are a great way to go. 

As for the free space. I think they are rather crowded - my general preference would be for fewer figures per shelf so you could see them better. I really need to figure out where I can put the next set of bookcases - once that purchase is authorized. :)

Halichoeres

Impressive collection! Can I ask the manufacture of the little Rhamphorynchus (?) in the first photo, with the blue-gray and white wings?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

deanm

Kiayoda (spelling...). Was one of their retro dinosaur figures.  There was a series of 6 or 7 "dinosaurs" - each with a pair of colour patterns.   

Halichoeres

Quote from: deanm on May 22, 2015, 03:54:27 AM
Kiayoda (spelling...). Was one of their retro dinosaur figures.  There was a series of 6 or 7 "dinosaurs" - each with a pair of colour patterns.

Thanks!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

joossa

Wow, great collection. :)
I really like your display cases/shelves!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

0thebigwytec5

Love those bookcases! Great looking collection

Dinomike

An impressive collection! Tonnes of cool stuff!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

ITdactyl

and here I thought I already have an insane number of pterosaurs....

...apparently one can never have too many pterosaurs....

Doug Watson

Nice collection and well displayed, we have some shared interests. I also see you have been collecting the Canadian Mint Prehistoric Coins, I have them all so far I should have showed them on my collection thread. The mint was bringing these out hot and heavy but have slowed since the last one.

Arul

docronnie

Awesome collection and well displayed!  :)

I see you like Araki Kazunari figures like I do.  ;)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

deanm

Thanks to all for the compliments. 

:) I encourage everyone to have a few pterosaurs (or a lot of them) in their collection. Helps to justify their production to toy companies.   :)

Through the forum I have made a number of acquaintances and friends who have helped me build my collection.  All very much appreciated.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.