News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Interview with Papo sculptor (info on upcoming pieces)

Started by Dyscrasia, May 28, 2015, 09:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I have a fair bit of Chap Mei, but I've been hunting for the "Tapejara" and that raptor for a while now!

Monkeysaurus

Could a real veloceraptor or deinonychus stretch its arms out like that, or were they always tucked into their side like a bird?
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Patrx

The wings on that Chap-Mei figure do appear odd - almost like they're upside-down  :o The resting posture for dromaeosaur wings would have been folded, not quite as dramatically as the wings of a modern bird, but like the Willoughby illustration that was posted earlier in this conversation. I wasn't able to find much regarding the maximum extension of the wings, but here are some potential uses, from the "Raptormaniacs" blog, originally from Senter 2006:

"(A) shows two handed grasping with the wrists flexed. (B) shows obligate supination of the hand as the wrist extends. (C) shows one-handed grasping to the chest. (Wing feathers would have prevented two-handed grasping to the chest.)"

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: Patrx on August 10, 2015, 07:07:09 PM
The wings on that Chap-Mei figure do appear odd - almost like they're upside-down  :o The resting posture for dromaeosaur wings would have been folded, not quite as dramatically as the wings of a modern bird, but like the Willoughby illustration that was posted earlier in this conversation. I wasn't able to find much regarding the maximum extension of the wings, but here are some potential uses, from the "Raptormaniacs" blog, originally from Senter 2006:

"(A) shows two handed grasping with the wrists flexed. (B) shows obligate supination of the hand as the wrist extends. (C) shows one-handed grasping to the chest. (Wing feathers would have prevented two-handed grasping to the chest.)"
Wow, I never knew veloceraptor's arm feathers got that long. Something unusual is happening to me. In my short time posting on this forum I'm very slowly beginning to build an interest in and accept feathered dinosaurs, lol.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Monkeysaurus on August 11, 2015, 02:08:09 PM
Wow, I never knew veloceraptor's arm feathers got that long. Something unusual is happening to me. In my short time posting on this forum I'm very slowly beginning to build an interest in and accept feathered dinosaurs, lol.

That's called openness! Welcome to the dark side.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 11, 2015, 02:48:36 PM
Welcome to the dark side.

I'm not there yet! The only Rebor figure I don't have is Utah Raptor because it was too feathered for me - though Yutrannus was acceptable. Now I'm actually thinking I want the Utah Raptor. So I just hope that when Papo makes theirs that it's innacurate enough to still be a JP clone with patches of feathers - either that, or that I will have taken enough baby steps to have completely joined the dark side by then to accept reality.   >:D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.