You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dreadmanes prehistoric photography

Started by dreadmane, May 29, 2015, 05:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadmane

Hello everyone!

My first prehistoric dioramas, feel free to leave a comment  ^-^!

Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

Blade-of-the-Moon

Well done! I really like the first and second one!

Patrx

Wow, these are your first dioramas? They're great :) My favorite is the second one.

dreadmane

Thanks! They are indeed my first but rest assured that more are coming!  :))
Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Arul

Beautiful diorama the mammoth looking good  :) papo is one of the best figure for diorama model

dreadmane

Thank you! Indeed Papo models belong to my favorites and are perfect for closeups. I have big plans for the Rebor line ^-^.

Dinomike

These are great! You'll surely take part in the diorama contest?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

dreadmane

dreadmane

Thezerinasaurus vs Tarbosaurus

Frozen Mammoth

Hunting Liopleirodon

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Liop is sweet!

Did you actually freeze your mammoth? lol  I remember doing that as a kid to some dinos...part of a scenario in my head where they frozen and then thawed out and came alive again to terrorize my brother's G.I. Joes.. lol

Arul

Great photo  :) rebor is great for diorama, especially the trex. That tarbosaurus, is that from green running trex papo ?  :D

dreadmane

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 01, 2015, 04:33:09 PM
The Liop is sweet!

Did you actually freeze your mammoth? lol  I remember doing that as a kid to some dinos...part of a scenario in my head where they frozen and then thawed out and came alive again to terrorize my brother's G.I. Joes.. lol

Thanks Blade! Yes I did! It was the best way to icy effect, obviously :P

dreadmane

Quote from: ARUL on June 01, 2015, 05:46:50 PM
Great photo  :) rebor is great for diorama, especially the trex. That tarbosaurus, is that from green running trex papo ?  :D

Thanks ARUL! Indeed its the papo t.rex, though it have to stand-in for its asian cousin :)

Tyto_Theropod

UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Pachyrhinosaurus

Very nice! I also like the frozen mammoth-- I saw a kit in a department store like that once, where it came with toy prehistoric mammals and ice molds. I also like the liopleurodon. How did you get that effect?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

dreadmane

Thanks Tyto! :)

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 01, 2015, 08:37:02 PM
Very nice! I also like the frozen mammoth-- I saw a kit in a department store like that once, where it came with toy prehistoric mammals and ice molds. I also like the liopleurodon. How did you get that effect?

Thanks for the compliments Pachy and Iam glad you asked. The Liopleurodon photo was shot with a Canon macro lens to get a narrow depth of field. For the background I used an photo I have taken off some water in motion. To get the model "floating" i used a clamp on one of its fins that are out of frame to get the pose I wanted. I added some blur effect (in Aperture 3) around the Lios face to get the illusion of beeing under water. Finally the light effect on the face was achieved by using a small LED torchlight to shine trough a glass of water to get the stripes of light. :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: dreadmane on June 02, 2015, 05:57:29 AM

Thanks for the compliments Pachy and Iam glad you asked. The Liopleurodon photo was shot with a Canon macro lens to get a narrow depth of field. For the background I used an photo I have taken off some water in motion. To get the model "floating" i used a clamp on one of its fins that are out of frame to get the pose I wanted. I added some blur effect (in Aperture 3) around the Lios face to get the illusion of beeing under water. Finally the light effect on the face was achieved by using a small LED torchlight to shine trough a glass of water to get the stripes of light. :)

Thanks, that's a very good idea to use a glass of water. I've tried lots of different methods and haven't come close to this. Thanks for sharing.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

dreadmane

QuoteThanks, that's a very good idea to use a glass of water. I've tried lots of different methods and haven't come close to this. Thanks for sharing.

Anytime, hope it helps!

dreadmane

These are no dioramas but I´ll post them here anyway. The following pics are the result of a photoshoot I had a while ago, hope you like :).

Carnotaurus

Dimetrodon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: