News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Retiring Safaris

Started by Takama, June 05, 2015, 11:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Its just in.  Safari LTD is retireing some of there products as usual. But these are some of the best they ever had

DR ADmin. Your Elasmosaurus is hitting the retirement home :'(

As is the Nigersaurus.

Want these Ones?   get them now before there gone

Arul

Wahh what a sad news...is this 100% confirmed ?

Takama

Got it from Dans dinosaurs.   He said a lot of good stuff might be going to the retirement home thanks to the new president of Safari

Arul

Oh that is not good at all...why it get retire ?

Takama

You guess is as good as mine.  Dan said that the Elasmosaurus might not have sold as well as you would expect.

tanystropheus

Nigersaurus was selling for $8 last week on Amazon. Now, it is selling at about $13. I wonder if it will spike in price like the Carnegie Diplodocus.

I think the Elasmosaurus would have sold more if it had a somewhat different paint job.

Tapejara1122

Is it only going to be the elasmosaurus and nigersaurus or will there be other ones?

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Gwangi

Both are fantastic but the Elasmosaurus has only been our for a couple years, it will ultimately probably be worth more. Well I got mine nice and secure on my shelf thankfully.

Tapejara1122

Quote from: Gwangi on June 06, 2015, 03:26:45 AM
Both are fantastic but the Elasmosaurus has only been our for a couple years, it will ultimately probably be worth more. Well I got mine nice and secure on my shelf thankfully.

Yeah I was lucky too, I got mine for 7 bucks because the shop that I go to to get figures doesnt really know the pricing of safari's.  8) Its also pretty sad, he is one of the better aquatics out there.

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Arul

Nigersaurus is a nice model i think it have no minus on the sculp...

Saurian

nigersaurus  is one of the best models safari, and it is enough  big figure, i am happy that i have this
Soory,my English is poor

tyrantqueen

That's shame. The Nigersaurus was gorgeous. But as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

sauroid

good thing i have the Nigersaurus. now to acquire the Elasmosaurus as quickly as possible...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

For the elasmosaurus that Safari did not understand they were recently removed as now. It's a shame.

DinoToyForum

Is the Carnegie Elasmosaurus still in production, and has it been available for the last year or so? If so, Safari Ltd have been competing with themselves on this genus, and maybe this explains why the Wild Safari didn't sell as well as expected. Maybe the erroneous swan-necked version has more appeal to your average punter.

stargatedalek

I think the Carnegie version definitely hurt sales of the WS. But I disagree that its related to the neck, I would assume that the colourscheme was the real deal breaker.

I'll have to hurry if I want to get these! If anyone is on the hunt for the blue/grey Carnegie elasmosaurus I'd gladly trade it for the WS model.

amargasaurus cazaui

Finding myself double blessed in this context...I bought one when it first came out and is now signed by both Dr. Admin and Doug, so I got another stock that is untouched.....

Bought the Nigersaurus quite some time ago as I felt it was unique....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on June 06, 2015, 03:13:51 PM
good thing i have the Nigersaurus. now to acquire the Elasmosaurus as quickly as possible...

I have a few in my store still--I may have to raise their prices since they're about to become collectables!

Kidding. I hate when places do that.

John

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 06, 2015, 07:59:19 PM
Is the Carnegie Elasmosaurus still in production, and has it been available for the last year or so? If so, Safari Ltd have been competing with themselves on this genus, and maybe this explains why the Wild Safari didn't sell as well as expected. Maybe the erroneous swan-necked version has more appeal to your average punter.
The 2007 repainted version is still on Safari Ltd's online site.But I was under the impression that production on the entire Carnegie Museum line had ceased as of February of this year and Safari was simply selling off the remaining stock of them,however long that will take?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SBell

Quote from: John on June 06, 2015, 11:21:37 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 06, 2015, 07:59:19 PM
The 2007 repainted version is still on Safari Ltd's online site.But I was under the impression that production on the entire Carnegie Museum line had ceased as of February of this year and Safari was simply selling off the remaining stock of them,however long that will take?

They have, but who knows how many they had left to burn off--which makes it even stranger that as of this year, Safari Ltd will have no elasmosaurs to speak of, when up until now they've had both classic and contemporary design  (from two different lines).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: