News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ugly Ugly Dinosaurs

Started by Horridus, May 01, 2012, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Klava is one of the 6 Predasaurs in Aqua Attack. Could be a name re-use, but both have Kentrosaurus DNA and we know that it is possible to remove and add DNA in the series, as demonstrated by Vulltarex. So he probably got converted. I guess it could be possible to turn a Predasaur into a non-Hybrid Dinosaur that way...

Ah well, back to topic:
Another blindbag series:
Dynofighters: The Prehistoric Army!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Lanthanotus

Not much happened here lately, but I immidiatly remembered this thread when I found this unique "beauty" on a flea market website...

Jose S.M.

Yeah that's definitely a unique and unusual kind of beauty ... :))

BlueKrono

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 28, 2017, 08:21:14 PM
Not much happened here lately, but I immidiatly remembered this thread when I found this unique "beauty" on a flea market website...

Oof. You definitely posted this in the right thread.  ;)
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Libraraptor

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 28, 2017, 08:53:35 PM

Oof. You definitely posted this in the right thread.  ;)

Oh how I like this face! I want him to join my herd! He will feel fine here, he won´t be laughed at, I promise!

Roselaar

Oh geez, how wrong can you get! It's abominable!

And it looks like it has gills on its flanks. Like a cross between a Ceratopsid and a Goblin Shark...

ZoPteryx

Oof, that's hard to look at!  :o

BlueKrono

Quote from: Roselaar on March 28, 2017, 10:58:17 PM
Oh geez, how wrong can you get! It's abominable!

And it looks like it has gills on its flanks. Like a cross between a Ceratopsid and a Goblin Shark...

You know, salamanders have those. Perhaps we're looking at the world's first horned amphibian.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Neosodon

He would fit right in with my heard.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Loon

I couldn't help it...I'm so sorry...

BlueKrono

Loon

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 29, 2017, 06:57:09 AM
Past-urama?
I believe the question you should be asking is if the genus, Fryceratops, is valid.

Silvanusaurus

I've seen a T rex and a sauropod in the same style as that Triceratops, I cant seem to find pics of them now though. Their overwhelming ugliness does inspire a certain kind of morbid appeal in me.

CrypticPrism

The imaginext dinosaur line was my thing back in the days,

Here's the ankylosaurus.

Demon raptor.

Allosaurus

This is the styracosaurus from the old line around when I was born. I have it somewhere, among a demonic sabre toothed cat, a gigantic cloth-winged pterosaur, and a bunch of lizard toys.
No, wait, here's my paint of it.

This is a RAPTOR allegedly.

Found that cloth-winged pterosaur, the exact one I had up left.

Some kind of pterosaur, I have this one somewhere definitely.

Whole line when I was like, 6 or 7.

There's the strange world of imaginext. There are more, and I'll post pictures of mine soon.

Edited for language
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Loon

I wouldn't call those imaginext figures ugly; they're rather stylized, but I wouldn't say that they're ugly. They kind of remind of how me and my friends would draw dinosaurs as kids, it's kind of charming.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

My first two dinosaurs were a Stegosaurus and a Velociraptor. The Stegosaurus is okay, but the Velociraptor? WHAT THE HECK!! It doesn't even look like a Velociraptor. It looks more like some kind of Ornithischian with a raised, blunted claw on its first toe and three fingers on its hand! It even has a beak!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on March 29, 2017, 04:42:51 PM
My first two dinosaurs were a Stegosaurus and a Velociraptor. The Stegosaurus is okay, but the Velociraptor? WHAT THE HECK!! It doesn't even look like a Velociraptor. It looks more like some kind of Ornithischian with a raised, blunted claw on its first toe and three fingers on its hand! It even has a beak!

My first thought on glancing at the photo was an Iguanodon - perhaps with a poorly toe!

terrorchicken

Ive seen mini versions of that iguanoraptor.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: terrorchicken on March 29, 2017, 10:55:58 PM
Ive seen mini versions of that iguanoraptor.
I like that name for it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: