News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ugly Ugly Dinosaurs

Started by Horridus, May 01, 2012, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

That's actually the new hybrid from Jurassic Park V.  ::)

And while I wouldn't consider them ugly, the Imaginext dinosaurs I remember had an... interesting trigger.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

irimali

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on March 30, 2017, 02:41:41 AM
That's actually the new hybrid from Jurassic Park V.  ::)

And while I wouldn't consider them ugly, the Imaginext dinosaurs I remember had an... interesting trigger.

Isn't that just how theropod pelvises look?

irimali

speaking of awkward, i found this at the Milwaukee County Zoo gift shop one summer when they had an animatronic dinosaur exhibit:

it was part of a collection called "wild stix".  this one was labelled velociraptor, and there was a t-rex that was the same pattern in a different colored fabric.    if i remember right there was a triceratops and some kind of sauropod, as well as some non-dinosaur animals(dolphin, elephant, i forget the rest).  Those ones were a bit less awkward.  it just looked like they all had obscenely long posable umbilical cords.

Neosodon

:o

If it had a pencil or something on the end it would at least make a little bit of sense.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

CrypticPrism

Isn't that just how theropod pelvises look?

[/quote]

No, that image is very outdated and shrink-wrapped. It was probably just a small bulge on the underside of their tail in life.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

BlueKrono

Those are all freakin wild.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

I think irimali was making a joke about theropod pelvises.

That stuffed umbilicosaurus is hilarious.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Tyto_Theropod

Breaking news! Excellently preserved fossils reveal the appearance of Theropod naughty bits! >:D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Takama

I remember seeing this once before in November. but i could not belive what i saw. and when i returend to look for it. It was GONE

Then i go to my Walmart Recently and found it again, and this time I took a photo to prove im not crazy

CityRaptor

Looks like a Chap Mei Therizinosaurus knockoff, but in Indominus Rex inspired colors.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Neosodon

If you find it in the toy isle and it comes with movable parts and multiple pieces - chances are it's a piece of junk.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Dinomike on August 13, 2016, 04:47:10 PM
Look what I found everyone! There have never been Battats in Finland except for this..ehh...rather unique rendition of the infamous Stegosaurus. Lol!

That is the Toy Major Stegosaurus  from 1989 ;)
Maybe a late reply, but this one did get my attention!
Since the one I have is repainted that I bought off ebay for 2.35 USD incl free shipping from USA to NL :D
Well worth it; here some pics just made em today 8)

Left side:

Right side:

Belly view:

Details showing it s made in the year 1989:

And here this beauty between my main Stegosaurid display! a True Classic so gold!

Old memories never fade rofl :'D

Sim

Are you sure the date under its belly isn't 1999?  It seems to me there are too many features of it for it to not be a knock-off of the Battat Stegosaurus.

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Sim on April 08, 2017, 04:54:07 PM
Are you sure the date under its belly isn't 1999?  It seems to me there are too many features of it for it to not be a knock-off of the Battat Stegosaurus.
Hmm yeah you're right! thanks tho :D Still isn't a bad chinasaur even that it's a knockoff from the one Battat made xD

Takama

Not a Toy, but i found somthing peculier in a Sticker book at Walmart

CityRaptor

That looks like some sort of alien creature.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ravonium

What were the designers of the sticker booklet thinking when they included that so-called 'dinosaur'?

ZoPteryx

Looks like something out of the computer game Spore:))

Neosodon

It was probably a goof up they forgot to edit out before it was published. The triangles coming off the legs show they never got around to finishing it or it was so ugly they just gave up.

Plasticbeast95

Aside from the obvious shrink-wrapping, this, ehem, "Allosaurus" is weirdly splay-legged and wriggly-tailed. And that headsculpt, yesh!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: