News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ugly Ugly Dinosaurs

Started by Horridus, May 01, 2012, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridureyu

I kind of wish we got series 2 and 3 in the states...

Libraraptor

Quote from: Ridureyu on February 05, 2014, 09:25:12 PM
Predasaurs: DNA Fusion admitted that it was inaccurate (it mashes two dinosaurs together and then adds glow in the dark fangs), and they did do their homework on some more obscure creatures, but still...

This figure is definitely worth being added to plasticosaurias blog:

http://paleofreak.com/plasticosauria/

Jetoar

Yes it is, but some hibrids of this brand are not bad  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Brontozaurus

I got two of the blind packs from series 1 on a whim, and one of them was the chase figure. WINNING!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

CityRaptor

You mean Vulltarex? The only character to appear in all 3 series. ( Although it is possible that Klava in series 2 and 3 are the same guy aswell ).
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Mighty King

Hey guys! I think my triceratops deserves to be the champion!  8)

Iguanocolossus

" Oh, Shine on, shine on, harvest moon/"

Daspletodave

For ugly dinosaurs - The Carnegie Collection's old T-Rex, Apatosaurus and baby, Kronosaurus, Baryonyx, Velociraptor, Iguanodon, Allosaurus, old Spinosaurus, Parasaurolophus, old Triceratops, Quetzalcoatlus, Elasmosaurus, and Stegosaurus. All abominations, full of inaccuracies and either under scale or way over scale. And they call themselves a "Museum Collection" - these all need to be replaced by new sculpts.

therizinosaurus

Quote from: Daspletodave on April 27, 2014, 04:49:25 PM
For ugly dinosaurs - The Carnegie Collection's old T-Rex, Apatosaurus and baby, Kronosaurus, Baryonyx, Velociraptor, Iguanodon, Allosaurus, old Spinosaurus, Parasaurolophus, old Triceratops, Quetzalcoatlus, Elasmosaurus, and Stegosaurus. All abominations, full of inaccuracies and either under scale or way over scale. And they call themselves a "Museum Collection" - these all need to be replaced by new sculpts.

You have to keep in mind that the Apato, Rex, Para, Steg, Trike, etc are all 25 years old. When they were first produced, they were better than anything else on the market. So you have to look at them in their historical context before judging so harshly.

CityRaptor

Indeed. Things need to be judged in historical context. Although I would agree that Carnegie needs to update some of thier molds.
Oh no

CityRaptor

Let's return to the proper uglies!

I guess some people would consider the green one ugly-cute...not me!

The red one is a Dinofroz, got him really cheap and out of curiosity. He seems to be one of the better looking ones, not that this means much:

My thoughts:

"Dinosaurs"
Gigantirex - is actually not that giant...
Gigaraptor - not worth 1000 Megaraptors
Petatriceratops - pet a Triceratops, not this thing!
Stradimetrodon - looks like some mutant flying lizard
Esagigantosaurus - is probabaly meant to be some really ugly Gigantoraptor
Kerajeholopterus - didn't David Peters reconstruct it like that? The Glow in the Dark Version even looks like it could be a Vampire...
Terastegosaurus - no witty comment about this one.

"Prehistoric Animals"
Megasmilodon - Dental Plan!
Protohkeratops - not only the name of Protoceratops is messe up here! Also a traitor.
Kerammuth - need some ivory?
Deinocherasukus - and you thought Schleich's Deinosuchus was bad...
Temptelephas - straight out of Resident Evil!
Petacharonosaurus - Quackpot's ugly cousin!
Megaglyptodon - this one takes the crown of uglyness!
Dikerodon - so the Animals get a new figure...
Oh no

Megalosaurus

Oh man. That's ugly!!!
But I give credit to the producer for their mixing experiment... fail  :o

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

laticauda

Quote from: Iguanocolossus on March 20, 2014, 10:22:49 PM

" Oh, Shine on, shine on, harvest moon/"

Holy $%*%  That stegosaurus with teeth, I had that as a kid, and I just gave it to my 3 year old.  He doesn't know what to do with it because it has sharp teeth, and he like why does it have sharp teeth, it eats plants.   ;D

reinier zwanink

Ooh my god
Thouse are really sick dinosaurs
It almost make you cry.
My son has one too (will need to find him)
He but if you guys have this topic
Where is the topic on the best figures ??

stoneage

Quote from: reinier zwanink on October 14, 2014, 11:57:05 AM
Ooh my god
Thouse are really sick dinosaurs
It almost make you cry.
My son has one too (will need to find him)
He but if you guys have this topic
Where is the topic on the best figures ??

These are the best figures!   ;D

DinoLord

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Arul

the drunken raptor  :P

Hynerpeton

Buck teeth saber tooth. Lol

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

reinier zwanink

My son got his hands on this guy

if you ask me this triceratops has a serieus food problem

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: