You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What Brand/Toy Line Do You Own The Most Of?

Started by triceratops83, June 19, 2015, 04:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

I'm sure most of us have given this some thought, and the similar Topic of "What Genus do You Own The Most Of" was fun, so let's give this a whirl.

For me, I'm happy to say, it is Safari (including Carnegie) at 25 or so different figures. Collecta comes in at second with about 16. It took a lot of focus to pick out the individual figures on my overcrowded shelves - I had to keep a tally.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Halichoeres

Definitely Safari: 65, 25 of which are Carnegies. Next is CollectA with 45. I bought someone's entire CollectA collection a while back and kept about half of it. In a respectable third is Kaiyodo with 36. That's not many, but I only consider 3 Kaiyodos to be missing from my collection.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

(1) Papo. I have the entire collection of the prehistoric dinosaurs, marine reptiles and pterosaurs (minus Velociraptor v.1); 27 models total
(2) I have a decent size collection of Wild Safari and Carnegie
(3) I have some Schleichs as well. I'm not sure if it safe to publicly admit that  >:D
(4) a few CollectAs. I would get more if the colors weren't so sherbet.

John

I've never thought about it really,but now that it comes up,I'd say Safari Ltd. and Kaiyodo come up the most on my shelves these days. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Arul

sauroid

for me i think it is Kaiyodo because i have thousands of multiples (im a hoarder lolol)...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Manatee

For me it's easily Safari, at 31. Second is CollectA, with 9.

stargatedalek

Doug Watson

Not counting my own sculpts for Safari ltd, or duplicates, or colour variations it is Marx by a landslide at 59 (and that's only the prehistoric stuff). Invicta seems to be second at 23.

stargatedalek

Without counting I'd have to say second place would be either Safari ltd or Chap Mei, (as with Doug Watson that's only counting extinct animals, if we count modern than its Playmobil by a landslide).

Patrx

The top spot goes to Kaiyodo, with 31. Second would be Wild Safari/Carnegie, with 23.

tyrantqueen

Gwangi

For me it has to be Wild Safari/Carnegie but I haven't actually counted. Maybe someday I will. Invicta, Papo and Kenner probably rank pretty high as well.

Kayakasaurus

It's Lego for me, mostly old ones. I'm not really in to spending a bunch of money on Dino figures, although I have acquired a few from Goodwill lately  :D
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

suspsy

At present, I own:

-9 Wild Safaris
-17 Carnegies
-19 Papos
-23 CollectAs

There's also Jurassic Park and various other toylines, but I'm not feeling up to counting any further right now. :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pachyrhinosaurus

Safari LTD for sure. Counting Modern animals... maybe Schleich, as I think I have almost 300-350, but for dinosaurs it is certainly Safari LTD.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Roselaar

Kenner's Jurassic Park lines, and to a lesser extent Hasbro's. Got hundreds of both, though many doubles. Safari's various lines would be a second.

Tumtist

Rebor(5)......to be honest I'm just start collect a dinosaur figure this year so that all I have for now. LOL

ps.papo is so rare in Thailand.......

Tyto_Theropod

Safari (WS & Carnegie), with 16 in total. It was different before I found this forum, but when I discovered how inaccurate some of the models I had then were, I started blowing my cash on Safaris and have never looked back! Given that they're probably my favourite company, that probably won't change any time soon. ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: