News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gryphon's Gryphons/Griffins

Started by Gryphoceratops, May 02, 2012, 06:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphoceratops

I collect griffins as well. 

Monsters in My Pocket (90s)

Voyage of Sinbad

Wild Safari

Monsters in my Pocket (2000s)

Skylanders

Warhammer (painted this myself)

Not sure where this little guy is from.  It came in an ebay lot of digimon figures but it doesn't look like an actual digimon to me. 

Digimon (Yes a actual gryphon digimon...Gryphonmon is his name haha)

Kaiyodo Alice in Wonderland Series

If anyone catches wind of a gryphon toy that I don't have I would greatly appreciate it if you informed me about it.  Thanks.  :)

Himmapaan

CityRaptor

The Digimon does not surprise me. That series always had a wide variety of Monsters.
Ha, knew the green one was Monster In My Pocket!

As for Figures: How about Papo's Bird Man and War Griffin?

Some people and their pets really are alike...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 02, 2012, 06:54:03 PM
I collect griffins as well. 

Skylanders

theres also two more Skylanders Griffens.   Whirlwind and Sunburn

However, Sunburn is only available in a $20 level pack

CityRaptor

Those are Griffins? Looks more like feathered dragons. Especially the blue one. 

But then again, if we take real world Evolution into account, Griffons, Phoenixes and other mythical birds could aswell be a Dragons...
Oh no

Gryphoceratops

Hey thanks for the info but I looked them up and Whirlwind is a unicorn/dragon hybrid and sunburn is a phoenix/dragon hybrid.  I have def seen some variations on what a griffin looks like but generally the standard is raptor head, raptor wings, lion(or other big cat) body.  The front paws can be either cat or raptor. 

I know there were a few griffin toys that came out with the Narnia Movie franchise but I sadly never managed to get any of them.   :'(

Pilkington

There's a Griffin in the Safari Mythical Realms Toob:

Also, McFarlane came out with a Griffin/man figure a few years ago:

Edit:  I just remembered that McFarlane canceled the Legend of Blade Hunters line before the second wave was released so that Griffin figure never came out.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

CityRaptor

Unicorn/Dragon Hybrid? How weird, but then again Mythical Creatures seem to be able to breed with just everything...

I remember seeing another Griffin in a store a few times. Fenizion from some series called Gormiti.
Oh no

Gryphoceratops

Awww bummer that McFarlane isn't actually available!   >:(  The toob griffin is cool though (despite how its really just a mini version of the bigger one I already have) I'd still want it probably. 

Cityraptor, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one you mentioned.  Thanks guys  :)

Takama

Gryphoceratops

Woah that one is awesome!  I have to figure out how to get it. 

Seijun

You are missing Windstone griffins  ;D
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 03, 2012, 09:51:40 PM
Cityraptor, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one you mentioned.  Thanks guys  :)

Which one? War Griffon or Fenizion?

Also, what are you willing to do for a Griffon? Because while searching for pic of Fenizion ( to no avail ), so that you know what to look for, I stumbled across this:

As you can see, this one is packed with two pieces of flesh!
Oh no

Gryphoceratops

The fenizon.  I looked at that franchise's site and couldn't find him though.  :( 

One of my friends told me there was a my little pony episode with a griffin so I looked it up and watched it lol.  The character herself is sort of a jerk but oh well (I also was slightly irked how an eagle/lion hybrid was eating fruit instead of the many tasty equines surrounding her).  Maybe I can make friends with a brony and work out a deal for that one figure. 

CityRaptor

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 09, 2012, 08:50:19 PM
The fenizon.  I looked at that franchise's site and couldn't find him though.  :( 

Rather odd, I know. Only found pictures how Fenizion looks in the cartoon:

The toy I saw looked different. More a mix of red and blue, and with a more monstrous rider.

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 09, 2012, 08:50:19 PM
One of my friends told me there was a my little pony episode with a griffin so I looked it up and watched it lol.  The character herself is sort of a jerk but oh well (I also was slightly irked how an eagle/lion hybrid was eating fruit instead of the many tasty equines surrounding her).  Maybe I can make friends with a brony and work out a deal for that one figure.

Because you know, being a carnivore makes you truely evil instead of just a jerk. You know, the whole "Predators are mean" trope. Which is ofcourse silly And it is aimed at children. So no eating of talking ponies...
But seriously, her being a jerk makes sense. She is a carnivorous animal ( aren't both eagle and lion hypercarnivores? ) forced to eat food that will make her ill, while her main prey is walking around. There probably was that pink pony around, who is rather annoying from what I saw in the episode I watched. ( was the Halloween one with the princess )
Oh no

Bokisaurus

Very interesting and cool collection!  ;D

Gryphoceratops

Aw cool!  Unfortunately its availability ended by the time i finally saw this but thanks for thinking of me!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: