News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eocarcharia

Heads up to everyone - per the Creative Beast Studio social media accounts, the Raptor Series Acheroraptor, Atrociraptor, Adasaurus, Pyroraptor, and Black nestlings are low in stock on the official store and there are no current plans for a restock. However, David did say that he will be re-releasing those species in new color schemes at some point.

suspsy

I cannot help but wonder how many different repaints of the T. rex will be released in the years to come. Perhaps the colour schemes for Beast Wars Megatron and the Kenner JP electronic toy will finally be employed!

The Lost World Bull T. rex also has a pretty colour scheme.  :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Creature

Quote from: Eocarcharia on September 01, 2021, 09:15:01 PM
Heads up to everyone - per the Creative Beast Studio social media accounts, the Raptor Series Acheroraptor, Atrociraptor, Adasaurus, Pyroraptor, and Black nestlings are low in stock on the official store and there are no current plans for a restock. However, David did say that he will be re-releasing those species in new color schemes at some point.

I gotta get that blue-footed booby before it's gone!
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Eocarcharia on September 01, 2021, 09:15:01 PM

Well, that's interesting news.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Giganotosaurus

So, we should be getting Allosaurus and Kentrosaurus in the future, if I read David Silva's comments right. (They will be part of the Cyberzoic line and this one) I really, really, want an Allosaurus!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Fembrogon

Quote from: suspsy on September 01, 2021, 09:43:51 PM
I cannot help but wonder how many different repaints of the T. rex will be released in the years to come. Perhaps the colour schemes for Beast Wars Megatron and the Kenner JP electronic toy will finally be employed!

A Brian Franzcak-inspired or Steve Kirk-inspired color scheme would be pretty cool; or how about a scheme like the rexes from When Dinosaurs Roamed America?

Spoiler
[close]

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on September 01, 2021, 09:43:51 PM

Hopefully just not a copy of the JP rex color scheme. I want to note that its not a bad color scheme, but just too common for any rex figure to have. The bull rex is unique as its not as over represented as Rexy's colorscheme.

My ideal color scheme would be Michael Skrepnick's artwork of a Tyrannosaurus standing over a Triceratops corpse, followed by another Tyrannosaurus in the distance.
I doubt this one would be ideal for David, as a result I would just paint the unpainted version to resemble Skrepnick's Tyrannosaurus.

Flaffy

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Probably. David did reveal there was one in the works in an interview a while back. Probably gotta jog my memory with the Cyberzoic thread, as there was discussion there about it, if I recall correctly.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

So if this is Utahraptor, will it be part of Cyberzoic?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Psittacoraptor

Yes, give me all the feathers! Will this be 1/18? It would be nice if it scaled with the 1/6 raptors, but it would be ginormous, so that's probably not happening.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 26, 2022, 11:58:54 AM
Yes, give me all the feathers! Will this be 1/18? It would be nice if it scaled with the 1/6 raptors, but it would be ginormous, so that's probably not happening.
You never know. We have the 1/18 rex
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

"Another big raptor is in the works, but probably not the one you were expecting... Full sculpt reveal next week!" - David

The list for the remaining giant dromaeosaurs are: Dakotaraptor, Achillobator, Austroraptor. So my money's on one of those three, leaning more strongly to the first two.

Concavenator

My bet is Achillobator. I'd say the snout looks too thick for Austroraptor.

Psittacoraptor

A while ago, I posted about my wish for improved legs joints in the Tyrannosaur line thread. The weak and flimsy leg joints are my one big gripe with the raptors, so I was happy to see this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbssgonLtHC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Re-releases of the Build-a-Raptor sets and future Deluxe Raptors (no word on what those will be, repaints or something else) will feature new disc joints on the legs for better stability. This was needed and it's great to see a company striving to improve their products. The neck joint will also be modified, although I never had an issue with that.

Faelrin

I really do want one of these so I can do a Dominion style Pyroraptor. Glad to see them coming back and improved.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Giganotosaurus

Angurius on TohoKingdom

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on March 31, 2022, 01:06:35 AM
Any updates on the 1/18 figures?

The last update was on March 8, as follows:

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioI've had a few people ask recently about the status of the small resized 1/18 scale Raptors and Ceratopsians. They are still very much on the way and are currently being 'debugged', which is the initial test shot stage when the joints are engineered for the maximum range of motion and durability. The packaging is also being designed right now for all six figures. Shown here is an early mock-up example of the new packaging style. Also shown here are some of the first injection molded parts for these little guys. The price point is expected to be about $25 and each will include a base and alternate lower legs. The raptors will also include extra base parts for dynamic posing.
Look for the preorders to go live sometime this month!

Giganotosaurus

Not sure how I missed that update, thanks for the info! I am soo excited that they are going for pre-order this month! Hopefully they release soon! I am going to pre-order them all!
Angurius on TohoKingdom

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: