You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Balaur is freed! Pledge upped....again ??? This is getting expensive!  :o

Chris

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dobber on May 10, 2016, 11:40:12 PM

Chris

I tell ya..205.00 already..I'm tempted to just go ahead and add the other 30.00 for the next one to have it done with..lol

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2016, 06:32:14 PM

This has made me think about our own fundraiser for the Park here, we haven't been able to raise 10,000.00 to do improvements in almost 6  months now..maybe I need a reward system?

It might help! You're a good modeler, right? Have you thought about offering build-up or paint-up services as incentives for backers? I don't know if you have the kind of free time that would make that feasible, but it wouldn't cost you any additional cash money at any rate. Well, except paints.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dobber

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2016, 11:47:21 PM

Chris

I tell ya..205.00 already..I'm tempted to just go ahead and add the other 30.00 for the next one to have it done with..lol

Hi Blade, not that it is any of my business, but how are you at $205? I think we have pledge for the same things and I'm at $215.
Raptor Pack: $100 + $15 shipping
Kickstarter Exclusive $30
Stretch #1 $35
Stretch #2 $35

Total  $115

Just want to make sure I didn't pledge too much or make sure you don't miss out  by not pledging enough.

Chris

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dobber on May 11, 2016, 01:34:53 AM

Chris

Hi Blade, not that it is any of my business, but how are you at $205? I think we have pledge for the same things and I'm at $215.
Stretch #1 $35
Stretch #2 $35

Total  $115

Just want to make sure I didn't pledge too much or make sure you don't miss out  by not pledging enough.

Chris

you mean 215.00?

I did the same,

Stretch #1 $35
Stretch #2 $35

= 215.00

I think my math was off somewhere..thanks for the catch!

Flaffy

About 4 thousand away from Stretch Goal #3, Adasaurus!  :o

Flaffy

Blade-of-the-Moon

Flaffy

Victoria's Cantina

The stretch goals are great and all, but I think I'm going to call it after the Raptor Pack and the exclusive blue raptor. I'd love to get the others too, but it's getting pretty pricey! Haha

Simon

This is quite exciting and amazing.  I am not a particular raptor fan, but if this initial offering is a success, it looks like a multi-headed ceratopsian offering may be next.  Now that is something I can sink my teeth into! 

Flaffy

Stretch goal #3 Adasaurus is unlocked!  :D (sorta, hit the $155,000 mark so yeah...)

Dobber

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 11, 2016, 02:03:59 AM
Quote from: Dobber on May 11, 2016, 01:34:53 AM

Chris

Stretch #1 $35
Stretch #2 $35

Total  $115

Chris

you mean 215.00?

I did the same,

Stretch #1 $35
Stretch #2 $35

= 215.00

I think my math was off somewhere..thanks for the catch!

Whoops! Yes $215...glad I could help though  ;)

Doesn't matter I'm at $250 now  :o I'm probably going to have to bow out now.....maybe 1 more. It just depends on what these look like. the stretch goal raptors seem to be taking longer to see.

Chris

Flaffy

I really wanted to see the Zhenyuanlong, but seeing that the stretch goals are getting a little pricey... My hopes aren't as high as before. Only time will tell.  ^-^

Dobber

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 11, 2016, 11:39:58 AM
I really wanted to see the Zhenyuanlong, but seeing that the stretch goals are getting a little pricey... My hopes aren't as high as before. Only time will tell.  ^-^

Keep in mind I don' think you'll have to buy all previous stretch goals to get a later one. So if you just buy a Velociraptor, Raptor pack, or whatever....if you add another $35 (for US) you can specify what Stretch goal Raptor you want as long as it has been UNLOCKED (meaning the campaign total has passed that particular stretch goal Raptors limit) when you receive your Backerkit Survey after the campaign ends. I may end up doing this as I'm really interested in Zhenyaunlong and also what appears to be Acheroraptor. I may even forget about the KSE Velociraptor to save for the stretch goals instead. I like the KSE Velociraptor but the paint work on that one is a little lacking IMO. It looks a little blotchy and uneven.

Chris

Flaffy

Quote from: Dobber on May 11, 2016, 11:51:12 AM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 11, 2016, 11:39:58 AM

Keep in mind I don' think you'll have to buy all previous stretch goals to get a later one. So if you just buy a Velociraptor, Raptor pack, or whatever....if you add another $35 (for US) you can specify what Stretch goal Raptor you want as long as it has been UNLOCKED (meaning the campaign total has passed that particular stretch goal Raptors limit) when you receive your Backerkit Survey after the campaign ends. I may end up doing this as I'm really interested in Zhenyaunlong and also what appears to be Acheroraptor. I may even forget about the KSE Velociraptor to save for the stretch goals instead. I like the KSE Velociraptor but the paint work on that one is a little lacking IMO. It looks a little blotchy and uneven.

Chris
I would definitely get the KSE velociraptor if the random white patches were gone, leaving us with a clean blue raptor. That's just my opinion ;)

Shadowknight1

Aaaaaaaaaand now I'm at a conundrum.  I honestly wasn't sure the stretch goals would start getting met so quickly!  I like Balaur a lot...but I also really like the color scheme he's picked out for Adasaurus.  And that's not even counting if it gets up to Zhenyuanlong, which would just make my choice that much harder.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

This is definitely getting to be a bit pricier than I had thought. I didn't pay attention I guess..I thought there were only 3 stretch goals.  We're looking at what, 12 Raptors so far?  Are all of them gong to look different enough to be unique ?  I guess I'll keep the KSE one, but I might sell it next year, could help pay for the rest. I'm not that much of a completest, I prefer new sculpts over repaints too.

Dobber

Zhenyaunlong will be my last as I'm interested in the next 2 as well. But I may cancel the KSE to help pay.

Chris

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's certainly a large chunk of change to put down for a project that will take a year to complete..but I still love the concept. 

I guess the ceratopsian one will be a bit more affordable though, I guess he only needs to make different heads for those?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: